Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    I downloaded Google Maps and I like it, but I had a question. You have the option to "show traffic." What does this mean? If you can show traffic, that would mean that it is a live display of that area, correct?
    Try the new Windows Live, you'll like it. http://mobile.search.live.com/about/default.aspx
    Quote Originally Posted by espo222 View Post
    I downloaded Google Maps and I like it, but I had a question. You have the option to "show traffic." What does this mean? If you can show traffic, that would mean that it is a live display of that area, correct?
    That option will color-code freeways corresponding to estimated speeds. For instance, a green stretch of road will mean 50mph+, whereas a yellow or red stretch means a lower speed. It is the same as the Windows Live client.
    Quote Originally Posted by kaiguy View Post
    That option will color-code freeways corresponding to estimated speeds. For instance, a green stretch of road will mean 50mph+, whereas a yellow or red stretch means a lower speed. It is the same as the Windows Live client.
    Ggoogle & Windows Live use different data sources for traffic. For the DC area, google has far more info, and in my experience, it's more current as well.
    Windows live doesn't show anything for i270 and rarely has info on the top half of the beltway.
    Palm Pilot>Palm III>Palm Color>Palm m505>Palm T5>Treo700w>vzw Treo700wx>Maybe the next gen iPhone next.
    Oh, I wasn't suggesting that the information was the same, but that they both offer the same type of traffic info.