View Poll Results: Which password management program is better? Security and ease of use are important.

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • eWallet

16 76.19%
  • FlexWallet

2 9.52%
  • Splash ID

3 14.29%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Yes, I searched but didn't find any good vs. threads.

I need password management for most of my accounts. It's getting hard to remember each and every password. Which is easier to use and/or has a better interface? And which is more secure? Thanks!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    SplashID? That's what I use for those username/password combinations. Started on the 650 and when I moved over to the 700wx I just moved platforms. It's easy, fast. $30 though.
  3.    #3  
    I'll look into that one too. Thanks! I guess I have to try the trials for all 3.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    I looked at both flex and e,
    I can't remember why I decided to go with e.
    Either way, I am happy with e.
    Just call me Berd.
  5.    #5  
    Thanks!

Decided to add a poll so other experineced users can chime in. I need help, LOL!! I was leaning toward eWallet too, but may be missing out on something from the other 2.

Are these easy to uninstall if I don't like them?

I believe this is a category where we are spoiled for choice, as there are several really strong apps available. I think FlexWallet and CodeWallet and SplashID are all very worthy products, made by excellent publishers. But ... eWallet has been my favorite and a must-have app for years and across many devices and versions of the program. It is extremely easy to use, has excellent support from Ilium, and its latest version offers several very cool new features like a sync routine outside of ActiveSync, ability to sync wallet files to network servers and FTP sites etc. I'd give eWallet a big recommend in a very high-quality field ...
    I have eWallet pro.
    syncing between two computers never works. I have to transfer the file manually. the cards can be organized any way you want which is very nice, but the card system is not a good input method or view method.

It's ok, but it's very far from a great app, imho.
    Palm Pilot>Palm III>Palm Color>Palm m505>Palm T5>Treo700w>vzw Treo700wx>Maybe the next gen iPhone next.
    I'm interested to hear why you feel the card method is not a good input or view method. I've worked with this app for years, and used it to store information for a a lrage number of different clients and systems, and found it hugely useful in both those respects ...
    I voted for SplashID because it is platform-agnostic (I used it on my 650 -- PalmOS -- and my Dash -- Smartphone -- and my 700wx -- A Real OS).

I also voted for SplashID because the desktop portion of the program has become at least as valuable as the handheld portion. I'm at my desk every day and I frequently look into SplashID to find a login.

Disclosure: I haven't used the other two products. I tried SplashID first, and stayed with it. So I have no basis for comparison.
    eWallet runs on Windows Mobile, Palm, Symbian, and UMPCs - and also has a desktop version that I also find indispensable by now ...

Quote Originally Posted by Tastypeppers View Post
    I voted for SplashID because it is platform-agnostic (I used it on my 650 -- PalmOS -- and my Dash -- Smartphone -- and my 700wx -- A Real OS).

I also voted for SplashID because the desktop portion of the program has become at least as valuable as the handheld portion. I'm at my desk every day and I frequently look into SplashID to find a login.

Disclosure: I haven't used the other two products. I tried SplashID first, and stayed with it. So I have no basis for comparison.
    Anthor vote for Splashid!
    But since I've never tried the other two since I'm new on the WM5 platform I can't compare. I've used Splashid for years and was happy to see that they had a PPC version. It cost me $9.95 to upgrade from POS.
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
  12.    #12  
    Looks like perhaps eWallet or Splash. So which trial do I do first?

I used to LOVE ewallet, but they wanted to charge me to get an upgrade for another version. I was going to pay it, but PPCthoughts had a competition for a free copy of FlexWallet - and I won. I hadn't installed any software on my Treo and I got an email from ewallet saying that they would give me a deal on an upgrade, so I dl'd the trial. After using it for a few days, I decided that flexwallet was better, and seemed to be more customizable/aesthetically pleasing. So I just stayed with them - plus, I didn't have to pay anything
    Id try the opensource KeePass. has a pocketpc and pc component
  15.    #15  
    I'm trying the eWallet trial now. Does FlexWallet have a desktop app too?

Handango says Desktop app unavailable. But FlexWallet is cheap now.

Yet another update, LOL! I found the desktop version on WebIs's site. I think I'll run both trials together to see which I like better.
    Last edited by The Phone Diva; 02/16/2007 at 04:42 AM.

good idea, best way to tell which you really want.
    Quote Originally Posted by patrickj View Post
    I'm interested to hear why you feel the card method is not a good input or view method. I've worked with this app for years, and used it to store information for a a lrage number of different clients and systems, and found it hugely useful in both those respects ...
    personal pref I guess.

I used a chapura program on my pos called cloak. It was severly lacking in organizational ability, but I could see a lot more info at one time than I can with the card system. Additionally you have to open a card for edit to be able to cut/copy paste from it. That's annoying. I ought to just be able to copy the cc # or whatever as soon as I can see it from the main screen.
    Palm Pilot>Palm III>Palm Color>Palm m505>Palm T5>Treo700w>vzw Treo700wx>Maybe the next gen iPhone next.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    I'm trying the eWallet trial now. Does FlexWallet have a desktop app too?

Handango says Desktop app unavailable. But FlexWallet is cheap now.

Yet another update, LOL! I found the desktop version on WebIs's site. I think I'll run both trials together to see which I like better.
    A desktop app is very useful.
    I went through this same scenario when I moved over to the world of WM from Palm OS. I had used Dataviz' Passwords Plus, and really liked that a lot on my Palm OS devices. I struggled with Splash ID - didn't love it - and tried one or two others before going with eWallet. I like the card customization aspects (having my AMEX card <look> like an AMEX card - more cosmetic that anything else, really), and I like the app very much, overall.

eWallet for me.
  20.    #20  
    Using both now. I can't decide betwen Flex or E! HELP!!! They both seem decent. I like E's UI a bit better, but Flex is just as functional.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast