Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Hi all.

I recently installed and removed Opera from my PPC, and as a result, when I try and visit url's embedded inside email messages or SMS messages, i get the following error:

The file 'http://website' cannot be opened. Either it is not signed with a trusted certificate, or one of it's components cannot be found. You might need to reinstall or restore this file.

Anyone ever run into this? I tried re-associating hthe usual extensions to PIE again from Resco Explorer, but, no luck.

Love some help!

Thanks.
    hard reset. sorry
    hard reset. sorry.
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    hard reset. sorry.
    Have you experienced this before????

I have never hard reset my phone before... eek
    700w - Verizon
    I too installed Opera and have the same result. My Treo is set for wireless synching with a corporate server. If I do a hard reset , then what? Do I have to take the Treo back to my IT dept. to have them reinstall everything? Ahhhh! There must be some other way.
    happened to me too but uninstalling opera cured it for me...I assume you tried a soft reset after uninstalling?
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    After doing some research, apparently this is a well known problem with Opera, particularly if you install on your storage card as I did. I finally fixed the problem by (i) manually removing Opera and its components; (ii) re-installing Opera on the main device and setting Opera as the default browser. At this point all links were re-enabled using Opera. Then I went into Opera and opened Tools and changed the default back to IE. When I went back to my links they all worked again launching IE! I then manually removed Opera and did a soft reset. Everything seems to be working OK now.