Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    if you are thinking of getting the WX this 19th just for the memory issue, why bother? if you can wait til spring get here, new verizon Treo versions or better yet, new PDA-Phones are coming out.

but if u can't wait, then go on with the WX. But benefit and cost??

Benefit: more running program memory

Con: can't VC over BT, Can't A2DP over BT, 240X240, no wifi, and phone is not all that great to begin with. We get sooo many complaints over the W/WX that it is not even worth the 700WX release.

Overal: If you are going to spend money on a PDA-Phone before Spring, I don't want to hear complaints about it because no one will ever be happy, but you can be happy that you never got the 700w/wx.

For all of us that have the 700w, screw verizon for releasing the phone and lesson learned. the fact that the 700w was even released just off. The fact that verizon limits the BT capabilities, just me more. If sprint ever get a phone that I love, I am switching over and i'll be more than happy to pay for the cancellation fee.
    Okay. Thanks for the insight. I'll be sure to take it to heart.
    Me? I like the 700wx. There's always Something Really Cool Coming Soon. In the meantime I gotta run my life. The 700wx is a pretty good tool for that. Not perfect, but pretty good.
    Global Posts
    974 Global Posts
    So by that logic, why ever get a phone since there's always a new one right around the corner?

Coming from a 6700 I can tell you that the 700wx is incredibly stable and solid as a phone.
    I say get 2 cans and some string. Paint it white and call it the iCan.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    iCant hear you. Pull the string tighter.
    That was bad...
  8.    #8  
    i understand that it's more stable (WM5) than most pda-phone (treo 700). I didn't bad mouth that. but since you brought up stable (minsc), how many times did you soft restart your phone because it was frozen? is it really stable? all i'm bad mouthing is that it's too late for the 700wx to be released because new pda-phones will be out that perhaps people might save their money til spring.

the fact that people will never be happy. that's given. but i can enjoy a pda-phone for a long time if it has wifi, VC over BT, A2DP over BT, and WX program memory. if it doesn't but has some combinations of the above, then i can live with that too. program memory + wifi, program memory + A2DP, program memory + VC over BT.

if you know that new pda-phones will be out this spring, would you buy the 700wx? it's only 2 months away. and people here knows what the 700w/wx can't do. that's a fact.
    Last edited by slyaii; 02/12/2007 at 06:49 PM. Reason: blah
    I never thought technology gets outdated real soon before I read this thread.
    Palm Treo 700W with Verizon PDATP Plan.

Palm Treo 700WX w/ SERO plan

Love both
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    I'm actually having 2nd thoughts about getting the WX and then selling my W. I mean, why bother? The W runs fine. I do have to soft reset it almost daily but I can deal. I'm just not sure that dropping ~ $500 on the WX is worth it when there WILL BE something newer/smaller/faster released prolly < 6 months.

P.S. When push comes to shove, I'll drop the cash on the WX and eBay the W.
    Treo 700WX - VZW
    I've been excitedly waiting for the wx....saving my $. Now I too am having 2nd thoughts. We will see how the next month rolls on and then I'll decide.
    So are we now assuming the treo 700wx will be released on the 19th?
    Global Posts
    747 Global Posts
    I got a treo 700w and I'm not getting another treo until one with 320x240 res comes out if I even choose to stay with the treo.
    Global Posts
    563 Global Posts
    If it does come out on the 19th I'm in. With Verizon you might wait till December for the next Treo or any phone for that matter. I've waited long enough for this and I'm ready to throw my Q out the window.
    Go Bucks!
    Quote Originally Posted by slyaii View Post
    if you are thinking of getting the WX this 19th just for the memory issue, why bother? if you can wait til spring get here, new verizon Treo versions or better yet, new PDA-Phones are coming out.

but if u can't wait, then go on with the WX. But benefit and cost??

Benefit: more running program memory

Con: can't VC over BT, Can't A2DP over BT, 240X240, no wifi, and phone is not all that great to begin with. We get sooo many complaints over the W/WX that it is not even worth the 700WX release.

Overal: If you are going to spend money on a PDA-Phone before Spring, I don't want to hear complaints about it because no one will ever be happy, but you can be happy that you never got the 700w/wx.

For all of us that have the 700w, screw verizon for releasing the phone and lesson learned. the fact that the 700w was even released just off. The fact that verizon limits the BT capabilities, just me more. If sprint ever get a phone that I love, I am switching over and i'll be more than happy to pay for the cancellation fee.
    You thread starter post is very dumb.
    Global Posts
    974 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by slyaii View Post
    ...but since you brought up stable (minsc), how many times did you soft restart your phone because it was frozen? is it really stable?...
    I've had my 700wx for about 6 weeks now, and I think I've soft reset it twice. This is while running MS Direct Push 24/7. On my 6700 I had the exact same software installed, and also ran Direct Push and typically I would need to soft-reset once every 2 or 3 days.

Ideally, you shouldn't need to reset more than once every 6 months or so - but nevertheless my 700wx is as stable as any smartphone (or PDA for that matter) that I've ever owned.
    Agreed Minsc
    What slyaii is leaving out -the wx is the most stable ppc on the market today.)
    When it come to the new spring release off ppc devices hmm.On every new release there are always bugs.What put the wx on a higher level was the treo 700 W beta testers as I call it then came the real deal-WX

Phil C
    Quote Originally Posted by slingbox View Post
    Agreed Minsc
    What slyaii is leaving out -the wx is the most stable ppc on the market today.)
    When it come to the new spring release off ppc devices hmm.On every new release there are always bugs.What put the wx on a higher level was the treo 700 W beta testers as I call it then came the real deal-WX

Phil C
    Thank you!!! Someone that "gets it."

No way would I trade my 700wx for anything right now... this phone is SOLID.

I'll wait until the "beta" users (aka those that must have it NOW) stop all the major complaints before I make my purchase. I'm giving the OS at least a year after release. Then again, MS is fairly good at building on top of stuff to make it stable... but it will be a while before phone companies and carriers get it right.... testing, releases, listening to beta testers... start the cycle again.
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
    I've had my 700w since January 2006 and have been basically happy with it. The lack of RAM has been the major issue I've had with it. Granted I'm on my second warranty replacement unit. If the 700wx is offered by Verizon I will most likely spend the money on it now - I've had the 700w over a year and I have a few 700-specific accessories that will make it cost effective to stay with the 700 series. Besides software, I'm talking about the extended battery, the cradle, cases, holster (Helix), sd cards, and my Seidio carcradle I have mounted in my truck. I figure if I can get at least a legitimate year out of a PDA style phone I will be satisfied. Just my $.02.

Russ
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Good points Russ. That's encouraging to know that the Seido extended battery for the W will also work in the WX. I have that, as well as a $110 Vaja case, Pro-Clip Car Mount Kit with Straight In Power, as part of my "add-ons".

http://www.proclipusa.com/?sectionpa...p_leftorright=
    http://www.vajacases.com/
    Treo 700WX - VZW
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast