Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    My new 750 that i got from palm today is very odd. the 5 way navigation buttons are not assigned properly.

When i hit left, it goes up. When i hit right, it goes down. When i hit up, it goes right and when i hit down it goes left... wtf? How do i fix this? I had another 750 which i just returned to get a better deal from palm and it worked correctly...

Ideas? Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by grundler View Post
    My new 750 that i got from palm today is very odd. the 5 way navigation buttons are not assigned properly.

When i hit left, it goes up. When i hit right, it goes down. When i hit up, it goes right and when i hit down it goes left... wtf? How do i fix this? I had another 750 which i just returned to get a better deal from palm and it worked correctly...

Ideas? Thanks.
    Hard reset immediately. If you still experience the same problem after the hard reset, bring it back.
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by JGold View Post
    Hard reset immediately. If you still experience the same problem after the hard reset, bring it back.
    ok. i'll do that. why "immediately" is there some damage to be done?
    ok. i'll do that. why "immediately" is there some damage to be done?
    No not at all. Just a determination on whether you did something or it came like that from the factory.
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
    Turn it anti-clockwise 90 degrees.
  6.    #6  
    Hard reset: everything works.
    Restore my previous backup from the working treo 750 which i returned using Sprite backup: funny 5-way controls.
    Conclusion: Sprite is causing the problem some kind of way.
    Solution: I backed up my files again using Sprite, but this time only selecting things which i knew to be "data" and very few "settings" and then hard reset and restored this more limited backup file. Success.

Stupid... and annoying.
    Hard reset: everything works.
    Restore my previous backup from the working treo 750 which i returned using Sprite backup: funny 5-way controls.
    Conclusion: Sprite is causing the problem some kind of way.
    Solution: I backed up my files again using Sprite, but this time only selecting things which i knew to be "data" and very few "settings" and then hard reset and restored this more limited backup file. Success.

Stupid... and annoying.
    What version of sprite are you using? I have backed up my 750 many times (all data and settings) and even restored with no problems.
  8.    #8  
    What version of sprite are you using? I have backed up my 750 many times (all data and settings) and even restored with no problems.
    I'm using the one that came on the CD in the box. the computer says: Sprite Backup PC Agent 2.0.0.770

perhaps i have to actually buy another copy or something? in which case this should NOT be on the cd if it won't work!
    I'm using the one that came on the CD in the box. the computer says: Sprite Backup PC Agent 2.0.0.770

perhaps i have to actually buy another copy or something? in which case this should NOT be on the cd if it won't work!
    Do you have a version running on your treo?
  10.    #10  
    Do you have a version running on your treo?
    It says:
    Sprite Backup
    Palm Edition
    Version 5.1.0, Build 1438
    Strange.

I have Sprite Backup Personal Edition (I bought Sprite when I had my KJAM).

My version 5.1.0 Build 1417. Like I mentioned, I have no issues with a backup and restore.
    I'm using the version of Sprite that came with my 750v and I don't see any problem like this. Any other software installed? I'd strongly suspect other software. Various SPB software titles are causing problems with the volume keys.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    I would guess its not Sprite either. Just because you restored a backup and it happened again does not mean its the backup software. It means it is something on your device that you restored with Sprite.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlepat View Post
    I would guess its not Sprite either. Just because you restored a backup and it happened again does not mean its the backup software. It means it is something on your device that you restored with Sprite.
    Perhaps it is other software. I'll give you a complete list of software i have installed:

1) Sprite
    2) SoftReset.

Must be the one that does the soft reset then. that's the only other one i have. i've avoided all urges to install software except this...
    Hmm, well I have Sprite software and SoftReset installed and don't see this problem at all on a 750v. I do see lots of stability problems especially around bluetooth but nothing like you are seeing. My only useful suggestion would be to hard reset, add back your contacts, addresses, etc. Add only Sprite and do a backup. If you don't see any problems, add SoftReset and see if it's still OK.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    make any reg entry changes to "fix" IE navigation?
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis View Post
    Hmm, well I have Sprite software and SoftReset installed and don't see this problem at all on a 750v. I do see lots of stability problems especially around bluetooth but nothing like you are seeing. My only useful suggestion would be to hard reset, add back your contacts, addresses, etc. Add only Sprite and do a backup. If you don't see any problems, add SoftReset and see if it's still OK.
    well i've got it all worked out now. it worked whenever i just limited the info that sprite was backing up before i restored. i got rid of having it keep my settings and registry and just went for keeping data. took a bit of time to get the settings like i liked it, but all my stuff was at least where i wanted. thanks for the tip though!
    Sprite Baclkup does not mess up your reg keys, you had this issue already and Sprite backed up the device with the error toghther. That is what happened.

Best practice is to always keep some healthy backup images.
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by anonymous00 View Post
    Sprite Baclkup does not mess up your reg keys, you had this issue already and Sprite backed up the device with the error toghther. That is what happened.

Best practice is to always keep some healthy backup images.
    of course you are right. the images that i backed up WERE healthy. no problems until AFTER restore... but thanks for trying.
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo View Post
    make any reg entry changes to "fix" IE navigation?
    nope. i haven't done anything. i've resisted the urge to do anything to this since this is my first WM device i didn't want to get carried away trying everything i read under the sun before getting used to the usual way things work first. Try as you may, sprite must have done this and it is odd. i've simply done nothing else...
    Handspring Visor Platinum --> Laptop computer pim+cell phone for years --> Treo 650 Cingular (until it died in the middle of the highway) --> Treo 750 Cingular --> Unbranded/Unlocked Treo 750 --> ???
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast