1.    #1  
    After eeking nearly three years out of my work-provided Treo 600, I finally decided to upgrade on my own nickel and got a 750 last week. We're in the middle of a two year family plan contract with Cingular, so I didn't qualify for any discounts without extending our contract (they only offered $100 off if I added one more year to our plan), so I decided to buy full price (Total Cost of Ownership calc'd out cheapest that way). I'm still suffering a bit from the sticker shock but the wife wanted to get it for me for my birthday so I indulged her .

Having the 600 for three years (and Palm PDAs before that back to the Palm III), and reading these boards daily for the last three years, I have to admit I was a bit leery about moving over to WM. Although I'm still considering this a "test drive" until my 30 day return time expires, I have to admit that, other than a couple of glitchy things, I'm starting to be won over by this device.

Things I like:
    - Outlook through EAS was almost "too easy" to set up and makes the Goodlink I had on my 600 seem like toy software. Finally, I can send e-mail attachments directly from my device (and behind the work firewall)! Hallelujah!!
    - UMTS is so much nicer than GPRS for file downloads/uploads, streaming video, etc. Amazing difference.
    - BT Stereo with A2DP is way cool! Now I just need to decide who has the best headset (tried a Jabra BT620s and it worked flawlessly).
    - 240x240 screen resolution is not that bad if you've only ever had 160x160. I suppose if I had gotten a 650 last year like I almost did I might be disappointed with 240x240, but I didn't so I'm not.

Things I don't like:
    - Finding files! The search function on this thing is pretty weak, or at least I haven't figured it out like I did on my 600. I need to see if there is an add-in program that might make that easier.
    - Battery Life. Mine really hasn't been as bad as others have reported, as long as I manage the EAS sync frequency. But I hope Palm comes out with an extended battery.
    - Near misses in CID. I received a call from one contact and it displayed the name of the one next to it in my contact list (same last name, different first name). This wasn't too bad since I would have answered the phone with the same greeting for both, but it will be a problem if it puts together a different combo and I answer "Hello Sweetie" thinking it's my wife and it turns out to be someone else (like my boss)!

These are just my initial impressions after a week. So far, I'm having trouble finding a reason to take it back. We'll see how the next 3 weeks go.
    Im sure you will like the Treo 750 after you give it some time to "sync" in.

As for the Caller ID contact switch-a-roo. I dont think thats even possible unless the same number appears in both contacts. Did you verify your contacts? CID works off of the numbers, although I did see a setting that allowed it to look for the name. Maybe Im thinking of something else or another device. I dont think you get names over the cellular network - only numbers.
    Quote Originally Posted by eTreo View Post
    Things I don't like:
    - Finding files! The search function on this thing is pretty weak, or at least I haven't figured it out like I did on my 600. I need to see if there is an add-in program that might make that easier.
    Yep, the built in File Explorer might as well not be there. Do yourself a big favor and spend a little cash to get the Resco File Explorer. Most everyone here uses it or a similar app. It literally has 10 times the functionality of the built in explorer.
    Treo 750 - Cingular/ATT
  4.    #4  
    Thanks for the responses Interstink and Conekkted!

Interstink, I thought it was pretty weird too, so I went in and looked at my contacts and the only thing the two had in common was they were right next too each other Oh well, its only happended once. Maybe it won't happen again!

Conekked, I'll have to check out Resco so I can find my files!

Thanks again!!!!