1.    #1  
    Does it restore the 750 back to factory settings like it was when it came out of the box?

Is it dangerous and could harm the 750?

Will you loose anything like IE or Outlook programs.
    Global Posts
    331 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooterville View Post
    Does it restore the 750 back to factory settings like it was when it came out of the box?

Is it dangerous and could harm the 750?

Will you loose anything like IE or Outlook programs.

Hard-reset is not dangerous to the device, won't break it or anything. BUT it will wipe your device CLEAN. When it reboots, you'll have to reinstall EVERYTHING as it'll be as if it just came from the factory. That's what most people will do for troubleshooting to see if their device is defective or not. If it has problem after hard-reset, then most likely the device has problems.
  3.    #3  
    My Internet Explorer & Outlook ETC will still be on the device?

I mean the programs themselves?
    Yes, just as sooby77 said. It will be as if you just took it out of the box the day you bought it factory default. That is if you indeed bought it new...
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooterville View Post
    My Internet Explorer & Outlook ETC will still be on the device?

I mean the programs themselves?
    All the apps that came with your device will be still on the device. IE and Outlook are part of the OS. Any Cingular (or Vodaphone) specific apps are re-loaded via a embedded .cab file that's reloaded after the hard reset process. your data and apps that you installed will of course be wiped.
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
  6.    #6  
    Should you remove the Sim card first before doing a hard reset?
    Not necessary.
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    If you are having problems with your radio settings also you may want to do a full hard boot.Im not sure of the codes for the 750.Cingular will have those available.
    That would be your full factory reset out of the box new