1.    #1  
    Guys,

Is there any way that we can sync with Lotus Notes?
    My office use it instead of Outlook
    Global Posts
    755 Global Posts
    mNotes and mSuite
    http://web.commontime.com/
    I use mNotes and it does indeed work like a dream to synchronise with Lotus Notes. It works either connected or wirelessly and lets you synchonise email, calendar, journal (Notes), addresses and To Do's. If you use Lotus Notes Applications, mSuite will even let you replicate them up and down to/from your Treo.
    how do you get mnotes to sync wirelessly?
    I would be interested in this solution, but cannot have any third party apps running on the server or desktop redirector software. can I still use this solution?
    Well, first of all, I'm not a technical expert, so I can't tell you all the details. I can however give a high level overview.

You first of all need your Notes Administrator to replicate your mail file to a web facing Domino server. They then need to ensure that mNotes Server software is installed on this server. In this software they need to set up a user profile for you which, as I understand it, deffines your user name, password, device type (Windows, Palm, Symbian etc. Obviously, with a 750 it is Windows)

You then need to set up a Wireless Replication profile in mNotes on the 750. This is similar to the one that was set up to allow you to replicate through the wire, except in the configuration you tell the device to replicate via your internet connection and you specify the TCP/IP address of the web facing Domino Server that mNotes is running on.

If you have a look at the Commontime web site they have all sorts of documentation explaining how to do it. If you point your Notes Administator in their direction, they will soon figure it out.

Hope that helps.

Agg
    Quote Originally Posted by mariog7 View Post
    I would be interested in this solution, but cannot have any third party apps running on the server or desktop redirector software. can I still use this solution?
    No. If you can't have any third party software installed on your Domino server, you are knackered as far as the mNotes solution is concerned. The only thing you can do is point your browser on the 750 at your mail file on a Web facing Domino server. However, as far as I can work out, the Lotus Notes mail file does not support the browser on the 750, so all you can do is read email, you can't type a reply to it.
    For an Enterprise scalable solution check out Sybase/iAnywhere's OneBridge. Wireless Notes/Domino sync. The latest version allows corporate directory lookups. I use this daily with no issues. Far more secure than Microsoft's airsync.

They also have a solution to sync Notes via a cradle connection.
    ---
    iPhone / Samsung Epix

Current playtoys:
    Also: Treo 750 (Test phone) / Sony Ericcson w900 (unlocked for international travel)
  9.    #9  
    Thanks for the help guys
    www.seven.com provides software that allows you to wirelessly sync calendar and email for Lotus Notes. I think that they also distribute their software via Cingular and possibly other carriers may have it as well.

Luckily I got on the beta program a couple of years back so I get Seven for free.

Mark