1.    #1  
    UPDATE!!! I CONVERTED INTO CAB.FILE FOR EASY EASY INSTALL!!!!!!!!!!!!
    750 owners there will need to be a reg key change for you to get the full benefit of keylight script.
    Phil C
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by slingbox; 02/12/2007 at 11:31 PM.
    I dl'ed the key light app, mort app, when I open the key light app and press the 5way on Key off nothing happens. Isn't the keyboard suppose to turn off?
  3.    #3  
    When you open program (keylight off-screen 60 second )is already highlighted. Press your Treo (OK) hard key setting will kick in with a voice alert letting you know your setting choice.
    Keep in mind that you have 4 keylight settings as seen in pic above.Scroll to your choice,Press Treo (OK) hard key.
    When you choose the Backlight Manager tab it take you directly to your backlight settings
    Last edited by slingbox; 02/12/2007 at 10:27 PM. Reason: Major headache.
    Hey slingbox, your script is 700 specific. The 750 doesn't even have a kyl0 device. I think on the 750 the backlight driver and keylight driver are one and the same. The 750 also turns out the keyboard lights much faster than the 700 did and the keylights are nowhere as bright. I find I don't need to use any hacks to turn off the lights. it's not going to be much of a battery saver in this case.
  5.    #5  
    hmm.I had 750 in beta and had no problem on final build.
    Question.When you set( keylights off-screen 60) did your keylight go off and stay off.
    The registry values that control the keylights on the 750 are the following.

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\BackLight]
    "QKeyLedBrightness"=dword:00000002
    "QKeyLedOnOff"=dword:00000001
    "QKeyLedTimeout"=dword:0000000A

To keep keylight off set QKeyLedOnOff to 0. The keylight timeout is set by changing QKeyLedTimeout which is set at 10 seconds (0xA). The keylight brightness is set by changing QKeyLedBrightness. heh, if you want those blinding bright keylights that the 700 has set this to 5.
  7.    #7  
    got you hannip.
    Quote Originally Posted by slingbox View Post
    hmm.I had 750 in beta and had no problem on final build.
    Question.When you set( keylights off-screen 60) did your keylight go off and stay off.
    No,,,,, when I pressed the Ok dpad button nothing happened. The keys did not go out,,, no voice confirmation...
    Hello,,,, Thanks for working on this, any progress.
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesRitter View Post
    I use that also. I wanted a simple, no user interface app that I can just map a key sequence to to toggle the keylights on/off.
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)