Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1.    #1  
    I try to check Gmail and I get:

    Connecting..

    Logging On..

    Then the User name and password screen comes up and I have the right user name & password and check Ok and it keeps doing the same thing.

    Anyone know what might be my problem?
  2. #2  
    Do you have cookies enabled? Just a thought, but I have to accept intrusive cookies to use Gmail on my regular computer . So if you restricted cookies, that could be a problem.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  3.    #3  
    Yes, cookies enabled and also getting this message when trying to connect with internet explorer:

    The page you are looking for cannot be found due to unknown error 0x80088000."
  4. #4  
    have you enabled the remote access within the Gmail settings?
  5. #5  
    I had the same problem. Settings for E-mail setup on page 4 should be:

    Incoming mail: pop.gmail.com:995
    Outgoing mail: smtp.gmail.com:465

    Hit options, next : Check 1) only display meassages from the last XXX days 2) require ssl connection 3) Outgoing mail requires authentication
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyjacks View Post
    I had the same problem. Settings for E-mail setup on page 4 should be:

    Incoming mail: pop.gmail.com:995
    Outgoing mail: smtp.gmail.com:465

    Hit options, next : Check 1) only display meassages from the last XXX days 2) require ssl connection 3) Outgoing mail requires authentication
    I have the same problem. Can't get Gmail working yet. All the settings above are correct. I have pop enabled on my gmail account. When I hit send/recieve this is what I see:

    Connecting...
    Logging On...
    Sending and Recieving...
    Finished.
    Gmail 0 Items.

    I don't understand why it's not downloading any headers or anything. I have new emails sitting in my inbox. Anyone have a detailed walkthrough on how to set this up? Thanks.
  7. #7  
    Have you set up POP forwarding within your Gmail account on your PC?

    Quote Originally Posted by Aqxea View Post
    I have the same problem. Can't get Gmail working yet. All the settings above are correct. I have pop enabled on my gmail account. When I hit send/recieve this is what I see:

    Connecting...
    Logging On...
    Sending and Recieving...
    Finished.
    Gmail 0 Items.

    I don't understand why it's not downloading any headers or anything. I have new emails sitting in my inbox. Anyone have a detailed walkthrough on how to set this up? Thanks.
    PDA Lineage: Sharp Wizard, PalmVx, Tungsten, Treo 650, Treo 750v
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by naftalim View Post
    Have you set up POP forwarding within your Gmail account on your PC?
    I have forwarding disabled. Why would that matter?
  9. #9  
    Actually, not forwarding but make sure that POP is enabled within Gmail Settings.

    See if your settings resemble what is here

    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobi...l/gmail.mspx#B

    Quote Originally Posted by Aqxea View Post
    I have forwarding disabled. Why would that matter?
    PDA Lineage: Sharp Wizard, PalmVx, Tungsten, Treo 650, Treo 750v
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Aqxea View Post
    I have forwarding disabled. Why would that matter?
    Forwarding doesn't have to be enabled. Just POP access.
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
  11. #11  
    Try performing a hard reset on teh TREO and re-configure ur device without synching. See what happens....
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Aqxea View Post
    I have the same problem. Can't get Gmail working yet. All the settings above are correct. I have pop enabled on my gmail account. When I hit send/recieve this is what I see:

    Connecting...
    Logging On...
    Sending and Recieving...
    Finished.
    Gmail 0 Items.

    I don't understand why it's not downloading any headers or anything. I have new emails sitting in my inbox. Anyone have a detailed walkthrough on how to set this up? Thanks.
    I believe Gmail is causing this. After enabling POP in Gmail, there are no problems Sending and Receiving emails in poutlook. But the 2nd time sending/receiving, all existing e-mails in poutlook gets erased and no new e-mails are received.

    My work around is 1) Go to m.gmail.com from pocket IE (cannot download attachments) or 2) use settings from below, but will use up a lot of memory. WARNING: Any deleted emails in poutlook will also be deleted in Gmail.

    Poutlook setup:
    1) E-mail address - JSmith@Gmail.com
    2)Your name - J Smith
    3)User Name - recent:JSmith@Gmail.com
    4)Password - gmailsucks
    5)Account type - POP3
    6)Name - JSmith@Gmail.com
    7)Incoming mail - pop.gmail.com:995
    8)Outgoing mail - smtp.gmail.com:465
    9)Only display messages...for 3 days - check
    10)Require SSL connection - check
    11)Outgoing mail.... - check
    12)use separate settings - do not check
    13)Get meassges headers only
    14)Include 999kb of message body

    I found these setting to work after many many hours of trial and error. Hope this helps.

Posting Permissions