1.    #1  
    If we could just get a patch! I would like to have Voice Command again.

From Palms support site. Posted Yesterday.

Solution ID: 43546

No sound plays on incoming calls and notifications

If you are experiencing a loss of system sounds for calls and notifications on your Windows Mobile Treo smartphone, the following information may help you to fix the problem:

1. Check the Volume level on your device: Occasionally, when the device is kept loose in a pocket or bag, the Volume buttons are accidentally pressed and the Volume level is set to zero (no sound). In this case, raise the volume level to the highest setting on the meter, back down to zero, then to the desired setting (this is performed by using the Up and Down Volume buttons on the left side of the device). Navigating the volume spectrum should provide an audible representation of the sound rising and falling, thus clearing any stuck volume setting.

2. Disable Voice Command when it is not actively being used on your device: If Voice Command is enabled on your device, you should disable it when it's not in active use. This will not only eliminate any possibility that Voice Command settings will override device sound settings, but can also improve battery life on your device.

To disable Voice Command settings select the Start Menu icon (top-left corner), select Settings, on the Personal tab select Voice Command, on the Voice Command settings screen uncheck the "Enabled" box.
    3. Ensure that the TTY/TTD setting has not been inadvertently checked: If this setting is "On", it can disable sounds for calls and notifications. Check this setting by selecting the Start Menu icon (top-left corner), select Settings, on the Personal tab select Phone, verify the TTY/TTD setting is set to "Off", and select OK.

4. Perform a Soft Reset: If the system sounds still do not play correctly after verifying the solutions listed above, perform a Soft Reset. This can be done by sliding off the battery door and removing and replacing the battery or by using the stylus to depress the Reset button (located under the expansion slot on the right side of the device, under the miniSD card slot).

5. Set Call Forward/Voicemail setting to greater than 15 seconds: This can ensure that calls will not be missed due to ringer lag time. This option can be set by selecting the Start Menu icon (top-left corner), select Settings, on the Personal tab select Phone, select the Services tab, select Call Forwarding, check the "Forward phone calls only if No Answer" box, in the "Forward after" drop-down menu select a setting greater than 15 seconds. Select OK.
    You know I suspect this sound issue has something to do with the silent switch ont he top of the device. I have doubts about it's quality. I often notice that the phone vibrates for no reason and sometimes lose sound despite never having used Voice Command.
    Treo Pro on Vodafone UK X 2
  3.    #3  
    I never use the switch and I have lost sound. Since I have made sure voice command is off I have not lost sound. ( Which will turn it self on if you hit the BT button on your headset)
    Tried all the things above. Still the phone refuses to make a sound on incoming calls. I used to be happy with the 750 but now there seems to be new bugs popping up on a regular basis. Seems like windows is just not suited as an OS....
    Quote Originally Posted by jtklepp View Post
    Tried all the things above. Still the phone refuses to make a sound on incoming calls. I used to be happy with the 750 but now there seems to be new bugs popping up on a regular basis. Seems like windows is just not suited as an OS....
    It's not ALL the OS, but Palm's implementation of the OS. My Imate KJAM never had as many issues as the Treo does.
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
    This issue is definitely caused by MS VC! I tested this for weeks and it's always MS VC that causes the problems.....always.

And, who in the world is going to enable MS VC every time you use it and disable it right after. By that time, you could have called the person or looked up the contact without enabling/disabling. I laughed at that suggestion.
    Mike

Eph 2:8-9
    Even after doing exactly what Palm asked, I still can't get a chime notification when I receive a SMS. I am at the point where I am going to return this phone and just wait for the Apple iPhone.
    any more updates on this, I have had my 750v for a few months now and it's been great, I have system sounds and up until a couple of days ago I had incoming ringtones and sms alerts, they have now gone. I thought I may be because the trial period had just run out on my copy of phoneAlarm but I uninstalled it with no change. I have reinstalled it and am trying to get the purchased activation code to work hoping this might help. but the code sent to me hasn't worked YET............ So now as of yesterday I am missing business calls all the time unless the phone is somewhere I can feel it vibrate.
    AAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH

Guess what. I finally got the activation code for phone alarm, did the requested soft reset and.............
    my incoming alert has come back, man that's not good if something overides system sound even once it's uninstalled.
    I just read on another thread though that someone had some software that ended it's trial period and then lost sound, it may be a bug with WM5 that ended trial software causes an issue.
    Oh well it works...........for now.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikewchandler View Post
    This issue is definitely caused by MS VC! I tested this for weeks and it's always MS VC that causes the problems.....always.

And, who in the world is going to enable MS VC every time you use it and disable it right after. By that time, you could have called the person or looked up the contact without enabling/disabling. I laughed at that suggestion.
    It may be caused by MS VC but that is not its only cause. I have disabled VC and this still happens on my phone.
    I no longer have sound for incoming calls and cannot figure out why. I have tried disabling VC and taken all of the obvious steps. I can go into sounds and assign ringers and test them but when a call comes in I got nada, zip...

I hate to blow the whole phone away and reinstall things but I cannot stand missing calls because there is no ringer on this thing at this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by moderateinny View Post
    I no longer have sound for incoming calls and cannot figure out why. I have tried disabling VC and taken all of the obvious steps. I can go into sounds and assign ringers and test them but when a call comes in I got nada, zip...

I hate to blow the whole phone away and reinstall things but I cannot stand missing calls because there is no ringer on this thing at this point.
    See if my potential Fix in the 750 official bug list thread makes any difference..

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...7&postcount=53
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."