1.    #1  
    OK, Im new, and still finding new stuff every day on this thing.
    AM I just really slow, or does Sprint actually CHARGE $5.00 a month to use voice command????? Are you kidding me?? My old Samsung A900 had it and I used it all the time. FOR FREE!!.
    Please, someone tell me I missed something and it's actually free. Or else Im gonna be extremely PO'd.
    Sorry for the rant, but I hate not being able to figure out the stuff I want to use, and then I get hit with this mother.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyB View Post
    OK, Im new, and still finding new stuff every day on this thing.
    AM I just really slow, or does Sprint actually CHARGE $5.00 a month to use voice command????? Are you kidding me?? My old Samsung A900 had it and I used it all the time. FOR FREE!!.
    Please, someone tell me I missed something and it's actually free. Or else Im gonna be extremely PO'd.
    Sorry for the rant, but I hate not being able to figure out the stuff I want to use, and then I get hit with this mother.
    If you have Treo 700wx on Sprint, you have Microsoft Voice Command software on your device, and that is free. This is not to be confused with Sprint's voice command service which requires payment. The Microsoft Voice Command on the Treo lets you call any one of your contacts by voice, dial a phone number by digits using voice, play media by artist, album, or genre by voice. Find your calendar appointments for today or tomorrow, start programs, find battery level, signal strength, and more
    Quote Originally Posted by ebadger View Post
    If you have Treo 700wx on Sprint, you have Microsoft Voice Command software on your device, and that is free. This is not to be confused with Sprint's voice command service which requires payment. The Microsoft Voice Command on the Treo lets you call any one of your contacts by voice, dial a phone number by digits using voice, play media by artist, album, or genre by voice. Find your calendar appointments for today or tomorrow, start programs, find battery level, signal strength, and more
    I don't see Microsoft Voice Command on my phone. Where is it? I looked in the Programs and I don't see it or an icon for Microsoft Voice Command.
    "voice command" is under start/settings/ and Personal.
    how do you configure voice command to dial digits by voice? I would love this for my 700wx and especially my 6700
    Global Posts
    380 Global Posts
    i have voice command on my phone but i have no idea how to use it. the manual makes it seem like its something i have to pay for
    Quote Originally Posted by nydog View Post
    i have voice command on my phone but i have no idea how to use it. the manual makes it seem like its something i have to pay for
    Remember, the manual was written by the carrier (operator). They don't even mention Microsoft's Voice Command software. They only refer to their own service (in which you call a number and recite what you want)...and have to pay monthly to use. This is one instance where you need to ignore the manual.

Microsoft's Voice Command is included on the Treo 700wx in the ROM. To configure it, go to Start...Settings...Personal...Voice Command. Click the checkbox to ensure that it is enabled. Once it is enabled, you can configure the items that you want voice-enabled.

To use it, I set up my side button to activate Voice Command. When you activate it, it will beep and put a small microphone icon at the top of your screen. At that point, it is waiting for you to give it a command.

To call someone: "Call John Smith at mobile" or "Dial 2025551212"
    For your calendar: "What are my appointments?" or "What is my schedule for tomorrow?"

You can also set it up to launch any program that you have on your Start Menu or Programs directory: "Start Calendar" "Start Internet Explorer".

If you want to see a contact's information, say "Show John Smith".

If you need help, you can say "What can I say?" or "Help" and Voice Command will guide you through until you get the hang of directly asking for what you want. It uses natural language, so just speak normally to it.

I suggest you check out this link: http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobi...d/default.mspx

It has a flash demo and a video of Voice Command in action. It's really cool.

There is a new version (1.6) that is supposed to have improved bluetooth support, but my understanding is that it doesn't work properly on the Treo, so don't waste the money on it. Version 1.5 works great for me. You'll like it!
    Last edited by Insp_Gadget; 02/11/2007 at 01:39 PM.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
  8.    #8  
    Insp Gadget, you are the man (or woman?)!
    I knew it had to be something like this, but what I was missing was the stup step of choosing a button for it. Thank you so much, is there anything else I should be aware of that Sprint is trying to scr*w me out of that I dont know about yet???lol
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyB View Post
    Insp Gadget, you are the man (or woman?)!
    I knew it had to be something like this, but what I was missing was the stup step of choosing a button for it. Thank you so much, is there anything else I should be aware of that Sprint is trying to scr*w me out of that I dont know about yet???lol
    Feel better now?

Nothing I can think of at the moment. Just remember, when it comes to Sprint (and most companies that sell services), look at the capabilities of their most prolific platform and use that as a baseline for why they offer certain services.

In the case of Sprint, your typical low-end cell phone doesn't offer some of the bells and whistles that a Palm OS or Windows Mobile-based phone offers...or if it does, the "feature" is rather hard to use. So Sprint offers a "service" to "enable" the user to do it.

But due to the fact that we have powerful "smart" phones that can run 3rd-party software, many of the "services" that carriers offer are unnecessary (i.e. Sprint's PictureMail--a waste of money on a phone that can do e-mail).

Learn what your phone can REALLY do...not what the carriers TELL you it can do. Then you'll be an informed user and will be able to tell when a manual is trying to sell you wares.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
    any way i can get a step-by-step on how to set up voice dial to let me say the phone number (digit by digit) to make a call? I am constantly in my car and I can't be manually typing in the numbers all the time

*edit* i figured it out. Now if only i could figure it out for my PPC-6700
    Last edited by eastbayarb; 02/11/2007 at 04:25 PM.
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Funny I looked under the Personal folder in my Treo and there is no Voice Command option anywhere under there. Did some treo's ship without it? Is there a registry setting somewhere I have to enable to see any Voice Command options under Personal?
    Quote Originally Posted by unknown_g View Post
    Funny I looked under the Personal folder in my Treo and there is no Voice Command option anywhere under there. Did some treo's ship without it? Is there a registry setting somewhere I have to enable to see any Voice Command options under Personal?

Voice Command is usually the last thing under start\settings\personal. I missed it the first time I looked as I had to scroll down.

By the way when you find it, you can see instructions under start\help\contents\Help for added Applications\Voice Command
    By the way... I'm using ms vc 1.6 and it is great so far. It has some nice new features and optimizations and the extra support for bluetooth is nice. I can activate voice command by pressing the call button on my bt headset for 1 second. The only part that doesn't work on my 700wx is that you don't get voice command audio through the headset and you can't speak voice commands through the headset but rather everything is still through the treo speaker/mic. At least I can still activate it via the bt headset and the treos speaker/mic is good enough to pick up your commands at a fair distance so it works fine without touching the phone.
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    ay, thanks I found it just after I posted on here.