1.    #1  
    On my 650, I used to be able to silence the ring by pressing the side button, but I can't seem to be able to do that on my 750. Any ideas why?
    nope, but it's on our list or palm... you can use the QWERTY to do it though
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    how do you use the qwerty to silence?
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    You can press the down button on the side, all the way down to make it vibrate. A pop up comes up on the screen showing high/low volume all the way to vibrate mode.

Now, if you are talking about silencing the phone on an incoming call, the up/down buttons on the side also work to do that as well.
    Last edited by WTF; 02/10/2007 at 05:37 PM. Reason: Additional info
    The volume up/down buttons on the side do not silence the ringer. Not like it did on the 650.

That was the FIRST thing I tried when I got my Treo.
    Normally I'm afraid to start mashing buttons on an incoming call, so I haven't figured out any one button that silences the ringer.
    I hadn't tried any qwerty keys yet.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
    Hey taylorh,
    One feature that I have discovered so far w/Phonealarm is a "one click mute" which I've mapped to the hard key below the vol up/down.

"Assign a hardware button that can then be used to mute incoming calls and if so selected also to cancel alarms."
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    Hmmm Nice. +1 to the score for phonealarm.
    Thanks!
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by millerhifi View Post
    Hey taylorh,
    One feature that I have discovered so far w/Phonealarm is a "one click mute" which I've mapped to the hard key below the vol up/down.

"Assign a hardware button that can then be used to mute incoming calls and if so selected also to cancel alarms."
    Thank you! I wasn't even aware of this feature.
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by horatiub View Post
    On my 650, I used to be able to silence the ring by pressing the side button, but I can't seem to be able to do that on my 750. Any ideas why?
    Why not just slide the master sound on/off switch on the top?
    Press any letter key to silence the ringer. It's in the manual.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis View Post
    Press any letter key to silence the ringer. It's in the manual.
    Even better! Good to know.

Thanks!
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    guess I needed to be more explicit in my original reply
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffp25 View Post
    Why not just slide the master sound on/off switch on the top?
    When carying it in a horizontal holster, you could just press the button to silence. This works even if it is already set to vibrate. If you are using phonealarm.