1.    #1  
    hi, ive a treo 750 and a kenwood kca-bt100 bluetooth box in my car, the car should be able to download the phone book but i have no idea how. Kenwood show a very small list of phones that are fully compatible with their bluetooth kit i wondered if treo has a bit of software that can help ?
    heres the website:
    http://www.kenwood.com/bt/bt100/en.html
    but i guess there must be loads of bluetooth car kits that can do this so has anyone else managed to get this sorted ?

Mr.Ben watching the rugby.
    have heard some issues about this and seen it first hand with the bmw idrive system. Seems to be some sort of windows issue
    Ensure that any contacts you want transferred to the car are in the "CarKit" category (or are speed-dials).
    I'm having the same issue. I have the 700p and the KCA-BT100. They work together flawlessly, except that I can't get any of the phone numbers to download into the car unit.

What is the CarKit category? Do you have to create a new category on the Palm and put the numbers you want to transfer in there?

I have numbers that are speed dials and are not downloading to the unit.

I tried to send the contacts to the car unit via bluetooth, but that didn't work either.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Colin
    Quote Originally Posted by colinkasper View Post
    What is the CarKit category? Do you have to create a new category on the Palm and put the numbers you want to transfer in there?
    Sorry for the long delay in replying. No, the phone (750V) came with the CarKit category already defined, but yes you do need to notify which contacts you want in that category.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by BeeJayEff View Post
    Sorry for the long delay in replying. No, the phone (750V) came with the CarKit category already defined, but yes you do need to notify which contacts you want in that category.
    But how bjf ? how. ive found the wired carkit settings, and looked within the contacts section to try to add individual numbers to some carkit category. No joy.
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    To download the contacts in Treo 650 to the phone book in KCA-BT100 you need to first unpair the phone from the KCA-BT100 ("unregister"). Then use send contact and choose the bluetooth option. You can send 1 contact at a time or you can send a whole category of contacts at once. Once you downloaded your contacts then follow the istruction to pair ("register") you treo with the KCA-BT100. Now you should have access to the phonebook with all your contacts.

Note:
    Only the name and phone number will be downloaded.
    If you have more than 1 number associated with a name. It will download as two entries - same name different numbers
    If you unpair the phone you will also lose the phonebook
    You cannot edit the KCA-BT100 phonebook directly. To edit you need to edit the contact info on the Treo, unpair the phone and redownload the info.

Hope that is helpful.
    I have a palm treo 700wx and just installed the Kenwood ddx6019 with the KCA-BT100. I have not been able to get it to pair. Can anyone help with why I can not get the phone to pair with the stereo? I placed the stereo in standby and then went to my bluetooth settings on my phone to try an find new connections but it could not find any. Thanks in adavance for any help.
    Last edited by ledab74; 08/08/2007 at 07:41 AM.