Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    When I had my KJAM, it used to do something that I considered very cool. I was able to "turn the device off" and have A2DP still play music and use AVRCP. This would in essence help save on battery juice and prevent accidental keypresses when in my pocket or whatever case I was using.

When you try that on the 750 the music stops playing.

Now you can accomplish something similar.Install PHM's PocketPCTools (which has some other cool little utils) and use the scrensaver.exe. Map it to a hardware key (I use side-hold) and it will turn off the screen and lock keyboard. Pressing the center d-pad will re-activate the screen and unlock the keyboard.

Special thanks to BNYCastro for reminding me of this little utility and how great it works when using A2DP!
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
    The lack of a power-button is a bit of an oddity. It causes grief in other ways as well. Example: To shut off the screen I have to go all the way back to the today screen before the red-button shuts the device off. This means I can't leave the device on the web-page I was browsing, or the contact that I was looking at.

Advantage: HTC devices.

I know that Palm is trying to keep the same form-factor and/or reuse as much hardware as they can from the PalmOS line (see the hotsync button on the cable) but this is one place where one extra small button somewhere would offer a clear advantage. The blackjack even managed to do this along the top of the device while maintaining (perhaps even improving) the same form-factor as the Treo.
    ---
    iPhone / Samsung Epix

Current playtoys:
    Also: Treo 750 (Test phone) / Sony Ericcson w900 (unlocked for international travel)
    I don't need (at this time) A2DP, I just need the music keep playing even I turn off the treo. Like I did in my previous treo 650....
    Is there any other MP3 player than can solve this 'problem'?
  4.    #4  
    No. There is no media player that I am aware of where you can turn off the device and the player still plays. The screensaver program will turn off the screen and lock the keyboard. That helps even if you are not using A2DP.
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
    Of course this is one of the reasons I keep my iPod around. The right tool for the right job.
    ---
    iPhone / Samsung Epix

Current playtoys:
    Also: Treo 750 (Test phone) / Sony Ericcson w900 (unlocked for international travel)
    jgold, link please?

been trying out matt armstrong's devicelock.exe which sounds similar but has some quirks in how it unlocks..with screensaver.exe do the volume buttons on the treo still work? they do on the devicelock app which is nice.

thx!
    Last edited by scottymomo; 02/10/2007 at 01:37 PM.
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    am mobile btw..

driven01,blame vodaphone for the red phone button not turning the screen off without first going to the today screen, requiring a second press to turn the screen off. They wanted it that way apparently.

8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo View Post
    jgold, link please?

been trying out matt armstrong's devicelock.exe whichsund similar but has some quirks in how it unlocks..with screensaver.exe do the volume buttons on the treo still work? they do on the devicelock app which is nice.

thx!

http://www.phm.lu/Products/PocketPC/PowerToys/

The volume buttons still work when the device is locked.
    Cool, thx, will check it out.

Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    In Windows Media Player, you can set a key (say "T") to toggle the screen on and off.
    Quote Originally Posted by dmunjal View Post
    In Windows Media Player, you can set a key (say "T") to toggle the screen on and off.
    Amazing tip!

For those who are wondering ... check out the options menu.
    ---
    iPhone / Samsung Epix

Current playtoys:
    nice tip...it doesn't lock the screen though which is important to me. Jgold's link to the screensaver app works great as it does lock the screen...thx Jgold!

Global Posts
    331 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by driven01 View Post
    The lack of a power-button is a bit of an oddity. It causes grief in other ways as well. Example: To shut off the screen I have to go all the way back to the today screen before the red-button shuts the device off. This means I can't leave the device on the web-page I was browsing, or the contact that I was looking at.
    I read this somewhere, so I'm not taking credit for this.

But try this: HOLD down the number button (the solid white key) + End Call button.

That should do the trick.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by sooby77 View Post

But try this: HOLD down the number button (the solid white key) + End Call button.

Yeah, but that's a two handed solution.
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo View Post
    nice tip...it doesn't lock the screen though which is important to me. Jgold's link to the screensaver app works great as it does lock the screen...thx Jgold!
    If the screen is off then it no longer responds to touch. Not sure how much more "locked" you want it.

Maybe I'm mis-understanding the situation.
    ---
    iPhone / Samsung Epix

Current playtoys:
    Quote Originally Posted by JGold View Post
    Yeah, but that's a two handed solution.
    No matter ... it fits the bill. I'm happier now. :-)
    ---
    iPhone / Samsung Epix

Current playtoys:
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by driven01 View Post
    If the screen is off then it no longer responds to touch. Not sure how much more "locked" you want it.

Maybe I'm mis-understanding the situation.
    Yes, the screen is locked, but all buttons are not. The front buttons still are active which, if you ever had your device in your pocket while focus was on media player (not in another app), then you know it is relatively simple to have the buttons pressed inadvertently. Even thought I do not use Media Player (I use Conduits PocketPlayer), most screen "dim" options work the same.

For A2DP users, this is a great little utility. Even for traditional "cord" users, this little app helps make the Treo a little bit better as a media player, mimicking the little slide lock switch on the iPod.
    Makes sense ... you needed a key lock.
    ---
    iPhone / Samsung Epix

Current playtoys:
    the screen is not locked from what I can tell from the WMP option.. turn off the screen with they key you chose, then tap with they stylus or finger nail somewhere where the buttons are for wmp on the screen, like lower left and right corners or center bottom of the screen. It will activate...

Quote Originally Posted by sooby77 View Post

That works, kinda. Problem is when you wake the phone, it goes back to the today screen.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast