1.    #1  
    There are two ways of doing a soft reset - using the stylus on the button under the side cover, or removing the battery. I always do the latter as I can do it one-handed (loads of experience ).

Is there any difference in what the two ways actually do ?
    During production of the 700p, I noticed that the batteries being shipped were progressively rounder on the side. This makes it more difficult to take the battery out. Not sure if this was done to better fit the form factor of the then unreleased treo models or if it was done to discourage soft resets via the battery. If it's the latter then they must have a reason, so now I use the button.
    Quote Originally Posted by BeeJayEff View Post
    There are two ways of doing a soft reset - using the stylus on the button under the side cover, or removing the battery. I always do the latter as I can do it one-handed (loads of experience ).

Is there any difference in what the two ways actually do ?

Or, you can get a freeware app like softreset.exe or use an app like Pocket Plus, or iLauncher that have soft reset functions.
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)