1.    #1  
    or just leave it on 24/7 ?
    Leave it on 24/7
    I shut it off overnight to avoid getting any spurious calls. I leave the ringer on, as I use the alarm.
    Shut it off whenever not needing the phone. The PDA part is always on, only the phone part turns off.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    turn it off/on at least once a day so your SIM can check against the current network profile to make sure its updated. If you leave it on long enough you'll eventually start to get delayed voicemails and it may get to the point of no registration on the network and incoming calls will go straight to voicemail w/o ringing. No need to leave it off for a specific time, just off and back on again.

Not the end of the world if you miss a day or two, but its a good habit to get into
    Quote Originally Posted by turbo4door View Post
    turn it off/on at least once a day so your SIM can check against the current network profile to make sure its updated. If you leave it on long enough you'll eventually start to get delayed voicemails and it may get to the point of no registration on the network and incoming calls will go straight to voicemail w/o ringing. No need to leave it off for a specific time, just off and back on again.

Not the end of the world if you miss a day or two, but its a good habit to get into
    Is that a fact? Interesting if it's true. I believe CDMA phones need to dial a certain phone number to initiate a similar action.
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
    What you say is true about CDMA phones. In fact, when travelling Verizon recommends that you dial this number (I forget the #) to update your PRL. (Preferred Roaming List).
    ---
    iPhone / Samsung Epix

Current playtoys:
    Also: Treo 750 (Test phone) / Sony Ericcson w900 (unlocked for international travel)
    I think it's *228.

Quote Originally Posted by driven01 View Post
    What you say is true about CDMA phones. In fact, when travelling Verizon recommends that you dial this number (I forget the #) to update your PRL. (Preferred Roaming List).
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    I had heard the same thing about turning it off once a day, too. So I turn it off, do a soft reset to clear things out, and then turn it back on. Seems to be keeping everything running optimally.
    Anything running any version of windows benefits from a periodic and regular reboot.
    ---
    iPhone / Samsung Epix

Current playtoys:
    Also: Treo 750 (Test phone) / Sony Ericcson w900 (unlocked for international travel)
    Quote Originally Posted by JGold View Post
    Is that a fact? Interesting if it's true. I believe CDMA phones need to dial a certain phone number to initiate a similar action.
    Can't tell you how many ppl i see every day that have crazy call drops, late voicemails, etc that is fixed by a simple power off/on.