1.    #1  
    When I first set up my pop3 email accounts (3 of them) on the treo they worked beautifully. Some time in the last few months I noticed the all stopped being able to send email. None of my server settings have changed, and I can still receive email just not send - when I try to send I would get the error "Invalid Recipient" although it was a valid email address.

I've contacted Sprint who told me the solution was to use their outgoing server with the following instructions:

1) Make sure the outgoing server is set as smtp.sprintpcs.com
    2) Outgoing server requires authentication is required.
    3) The outgoing server should also have separate settings for your Sprint PCS Mail username and password to be entered.
    4) SSL is not required for outgoing server settings.

I have checked and verified my user name and pass, and everything is correct on the Treo end. Now when I try to send using their settings I get the error message: "Messages cannot be downloaded to your mobile device..."

Has anyone found a solution to this nightmare?
    The peoblem with using sprints smtp server is that it will show your sprint user id as the "from" address on your sent messages.

My advice at this point is to delete your email accounts an re-enter all of your original settings.

that should work.
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
    Who is your POP provider? I had similar problems when using gmail. I also called Sprint and tried the settings that they suggested to you but I was not fond of having my e-mail going through yet ANOTHER server. Plus, it did not seem to fix the problem.

In your Message Options on the "Address" tab, it says:
    In Contacts, get all e-mail addresses from:

"All e-mail fields" or "None"

When I used the "NONE" option, I got the "Invalid Recipients" error. When I changed it back to "All e-mail fields", the error disappeared.

It was sending anyway but the error was annoying to me. I no longer use gmail on the Treo - seems to cause more trouble than it is worth. I also do not get that "can't download messages" error with my new provider. Guess you get what you pay for...
    For gmail I find it best to forward it to your @sprintpcs.com email address and pop it from there. You can then get sprints free notification when new email arrives.

Gmails smtp server works great.
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2