1.    #1  
    Cingular Treo 750 user, here. I'm currently using pOutlook to access the IMAP server on my own domain. It works okay but I'm considering trying the $1.99/month mail2web service.
    • Which folders on my server will be visible in the Outlook Web interface? I have several speciality folders where messages from clients and preformatted responses are stored. Will those be visible and accessible?

• Which folders in OWA are synced with pOutlook? Only the Inbox? Sent and Trash? All?

• I understand that messages sent from pOutlook will not appear in the Sent folder on OWA. Has anyone tried BCCing themselves and then later moving the message from Inbox to the Sent folder so you have a copy in OWA?

• Any other tips or tricks anyone has found to optimize the synchronization?

Thanks for any info you can provide.

Diverguy
    Quote Originally Posted by DiverGuy View Post
    Cingular Treo 750 user, here. I'm currently using pOutlook to access the IMAP server on my own domain. It works okay but I'm considering trying the $1.99/month mail2web service.
    • Which folders on my server will be visible in the Outlook Web interface? I have several speciality folders where messages from clients and preformatted responses are stored. Will those be visible and accessible?

• Which folders in OWA are synced with pOutlook? Only the Inbox? Sent and Trash? All?

• I understand that messages sent from pOutlook will not appear in the Sent folder on OWA. Has anyone tried BCCing themselves and then later moving the message from Inbox to the Sent folder so you have a copy in OWA?

Diverguy
    you can select the folders to sync. you will be able to do that with any of the folders you made. it's all set inside activesync. i don't know if you can use your own domain name for only $1.99 though....

i haven't tried the sent mail things you were asking about. it's cheap, try it for a month and cancel if it doesn't please you. as far as optimizing synchronization... it is so amazingly quick that i have no idea what could be more optimal. it's very impressive. the sync process is the single thing that makes me LOVE using WM instead of the POS... there are other things i like, but this make sme LOVE it!
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    Does Pocket Outlook support multiple SMTP profiles so that I can send mail using different 'from' address?
    T R E O s t i l l R O C K S - to a certain extent
    Current: AT&T Tilt/HTC 8925/Kaiser
    Retired: AT&T Treo 750, VZW Treo 650, 700p, *700w, *700wx (* = loaner phone from Palm)
    Tried: AT&T Samsung Blackjack i607
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DiverGuy View Post

Diverguy
    I was on the $1.99 mail2web plan and I left for 4smartphone.net. I was only able to sync email folder, not contacts or calendars. Also you need to connect in Outlook 2003 via IMAP. I am on a $6.99/mo plan with $smartphone.net and I connected on my Desktop through hosted Exchange. This is an an amazing set up as you get full synchronization with email, calendar and contacts. I've had no downtime and the server works perfectly, so I highly recommend 4smartphone.net on a hosted Exchange plan.
    BB GoAmerica > BB Earthlink > Verizon Treo 600 > Sprint Treo 650 > Sprint Treo 700p > Sprint Treo 755p & Sprint MotoQ
  5.    #5  
    Well, I pulled the trigger and signed up for Mail2Web. After establishing the free account and setting up the instant push according to the instructions at http://hipalbum.com/fpage.cgi?page=mdastuff_email&cbrv=, I upgraded to Personal Exchange. That upgrade, for $1.99/month, allowed me to change the FROM address by using an STMP Proxy. Then I went to my regular domain account where my personal and business mail comes in and set up an autoforward to my mail2web account. Domain mail comes in, gets instantly pushed to mail2web, which in turn instantly syncs with the Treo, and any responses show a from address of the domain account. ...just like it was supposed to be. :-) Not sure why I didn't do this before.

And because the mail arrives through over-the-air ActiveSync, rather than the IMAP account poling the server every five minutes, battery life seems to be remarkably improved. Yet another plus!

Thanks for the guidance, everyone.

Diverguy