1.    #1  
    Hey all, having a bit of a problem with this program. This is the second time it has happened, and the first time, the only way I could resolve it was with a hard reset, nad I REALLY dont want to have to do it again.
    My message screen is funky looking, as you can see in the pic, and I cannot figure out how to fix it. I tried resetting all the UI settings back to normal, but that doesnt work. any help is appreciated.
    And if it heps, all I have on the phone is UITweaker, weather panel, and magic button.
    Im a complete tard when it comes to this stuff, I was surprised I got the programs on at all. I cant even download skins for WP that I want, thats how bad I am, so any help put into the simplest terms would be greatly appreciated. :yes:

Sorry for the post in the wrong section, Ill repost in the software section.
    Just a guess but it may not be UITweaker but the TSK theme you are using...try switching to another one to see if that fixes it.
    Global Posts
    653 Global Posts
    Yeah I've seen this before, it is the actual TSK theme that causes this.
    I had the same problem.....just change the theme to something else....then come back to the theme you want.....it fixed the problem you have above for me.....otherwise, you can also correct it in UI Tweaker if need be.
  5.    #5  
    Thanks guys, but like I said, Im clueless. Whats a TSK theme, and how do I change it?? Step-by-step instructions would be a great help.
    Thanx, Matt
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyB View Post
    Hey all, having a bit of a problem with this program. This is the second time it has happened, and the first time, the only way I could resolve it was with a hard reset, nad I REALLY dont want to have to do it again.
    My message screen is funky looking, as you can see in the pic, and I cannot figure out how to fix it. I tried resetting all the UI settings back to normal, but that doesnt work. any help is appreciated.
    And if it heps, all I have on the phone is UITweaker, weather panel, and magic button.
    Im a complete tard when it comes to this stuff, I was surprised I got the programs on at all. I cant even download skins for WP that I want, thats how bad I am, so any help put into the simplest terms would be greatly appreciated. :yes:

Sorry for the post in the wrong section, Ill repost in the software section.
    this is ui tweeker. ui tweeker is completely safe. just remember that anything and everthing that you do will be gone for ever as soon as you change themes. softreset will not fix.

i have done this with ui tweeker. the best way to play with the tweeker program is with a peice of paper and a pencil. write down what you change and only change like 1 or 2 at a time. then see what that did and how it looked.

no hard resets needed.
  7.    #7  
    Thankx Cody, thats exactly what I did this tim. I changed one thig at a time, reset, and made sure it was OK, then on to the next change, and so on. everything was fine for a few hours, and then this started happening. Dont know what is causing it, but I know it is definitely UIT. Ive tried resetting all the fields I chaged, but no luck. any other ideas folks???
    Global Posts
    653 Global Posts
    A TSK theme is the a Today screen theme. We call it TSK theme because the extension of the files is TSK.

I still say this is to blame. I had a theme that made this to my device, changed it, and the lines were gone.

Are you positively sure those lines were not there before you started playing with UITweaker?
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    I agree with Pibe. It's a theme. Go to today settings, appearance and select a different theme.
    Pibe is exactly right....I had the exact same screen when I changed a theme yesterday....I simply changed to a different theme and then back to the one I wanted to use and the lines were gone.

To change your theme, click on the Menu soft key. Scroll down to Preferences and then go to Today Settings. From the Appearance Tab, simply change the theme to a different one and then click Okay. The lines should now be gone.
  11.    #11  
    Thank you guys.That was it.
    You rock!!!
    Now, I have ?s about Weatherpanel. I downloaded the tabs 240 cab, and I ca select it. menu, preferences, today, weatherpanl, display, theme, and it says default or Tabs-240, but when I select 240, it doesn't do anything different. I know Im missing something simple, but I have no idea what it is. Sorry for not starting a new thread, I will in a bit but I have to get to my laptop. this is just too slow.lol

Thyanx again guys.
    Peace,
    Matt
    Global Posts
    653 Global Posts
    After selecting the Theme you need to select a compatible Layout as well. It should say something like NAME-240, I remember storyr naming them like that.
  13.    #13  
    Pipe, I kinda figured that would be how it ran, but when it says Tabs-240 in the theme box, and I go to select a layout, Im still only allowed the "default" layouts. any idea how to get the "tabs-240 layouts in there???
    Global Posts
    653 Global Posts
    Ok, I actually uninstalled the Tabs theme some time ago but I just saw the files on the PPCGeeks.com FTP site. The layout names should be:

TabsLarge+.wpl
    TabsMedium.wpl
    TabsSmall.wpl
    TabsSmaller(black).wpl
    TabsSmaller(clear).wpl
    TabsSmaller(clear2).wpl
    TabsSmaller.wpl
    Etc.

They may not show the .wpl extension while selecting them on WP, but those are the names. You said you installed the Tabs-240 via a CAB? Where did you get it? I don't recall ever seeing a CAB for the Tabs-240 WP theme.
    another quick question for uitweaker users

I changed my scroll bar color but it doesnt seem to be taking effect. after changing it asks if i want to apply, i select yes, then it asks to soft reset and i select yes. when it boots back up its still the default color.

any ideas?