Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Since the 680 and 700p forums have "official" bug lists as stickies, we should have one in the 750 forum as well. We have a few threads floating around with issues but none are stuck, so this could be it

Again, these should primarily be actual bugs/issues with the 750 itself and not new features or tweaks, but I'm sure we will add those as well (as I've done below). Here's some that I've seen from the various threads (I personally haven't experienced a lot of these but I'm sure others have, and I'll edit my original post as things get added):

Requested Bug Fixes:

1. Bluetooth connectivity/dropping issues (including car integration like bcaslis' BMW)

2. Loss of sound issue (where only soft reset will bring back sound to speaker). Seems to be an issue when Voice Command is used. Does it happen to others when VC is not used? -- FIXED WITH AUDIO UPDATE Jul 2007 and in WM6

2.5 Alarms not going off (not sure if related to #2) -- FIXED WITH AUDIO UPDATE and in WM6?

3. Storage Card issues (card not recognized after some time) -- Appears fixed in WM6

4. IMAP sent items saving issue

5. Email delivery options problem with polling

6. Internet connection drops if BT was off then turned on

7. When security code lock is on, the phone cannot be answered when it is ringing

8. gwes error appears spontaneously for "no apparent reason"

9. 2GB mini SD card has plenty of memory, yet the device pops up a screen telling me that it is out of memory space

10. Caller ID sometimes matches wrong contact name with the correct number coming in. Also occurs on the today screen where typing a contact sometimes shows the number for another contact.

Requested OS Updates
    1. AKU 3.x
    2. Crossbow! (WM6) DONE!

Requested Tweaks
    1. Option to enable the LED flashing when in service -- check out serviceLED script I wrote here

2. Native option to enable LED flashing for missed calls/vm, etc (there are workarounds with PhoneAlarm, MortScript etc) -- TreoAlerts is your best bet!

3. Option to have the Red phone button turn off the screen without having to go to the Today screen first, just like every other Treo except this one.

4. Phone Profiles

5. User customizable Carrier line or a native way to hide it without hidelogo

6. Percentage remaining figure in taskbar batter meter

7. Different Brightness settings for External and Battery Power

8. Enable HSDPA -- Done in WM6!

9. Option for Extra Loud volumes

10. Volume Keys should silence the ringer just like keys on the QWERTY

11. Option to allow the volume keys to scroll up/down like the Dpad when not on a call. (really miss this from a couple apps that could do it on PalmOS.

12. Give us the in-call icons on the screen for Hangup, Mute, Hold, Speakerphone etc instead of resorting to the Menu so you can click them or use the 5 way and hit them like the 700wx -- Done in WM6 for speaker and mute!

13. Please allow spell checking in SMS.

14. A means of rehiding the lookup on the today screen once you are finished with it (assuming it was hidden to start)

15. When touchscreen disabled during a call, make it less obtrusive so it doesn't cover up the bottom line that shows icons and numbers you have dialed.

16. No way to save a phone number from the call log or SMS to an existing contact, only to a new contact.

17. When you are using IE, you can not hit the number that corresponds to the link on the mobile optimized site and be taken to that link. I really enjoyed that feature in Blazer on my Treo 650. -- Works if you use the option key + the number in WM6, not sure if that was the case in WM5

I'm sure there are more so go to it and I'll try to add to the original list
    Last edited by scottymomo; 08/01/2007 at 09:50 AM.
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    My understanding is that AKU3.x drops bluetooth DUN for bluetooth PAN (I could be wrong). That's not a change I'd like to see.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Global Posts
    176 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo View Post

1. Bluetooth connectivity/dropping issues (including car integration like bcaslis' BMW)

2.5 Alarms not going off (not sure if related to #2)
    I had Bluetooth issues with the Treo 680 and I've heard some of the 700p's also had the connectivity issue, but the 750 has been rock solid for me. I even have it paired with my Plantronics headset and my Mercedes S550 and I turn off the Plantronics get in my car and it automatically gets picked up on the Merc, I've also never had to re-pair it with any devices. So for me I don't think there are any issues with the Bluetooth on the 750.

So far I haven't seen the alarm issue either.
    Don't really know how to describe this one, but when I hold down on the 5-way or hold whichever way I want to / can scroll the page, instead of smoothly jumping from link to link or item to item, it skips like it's lagging. Happens even after a hard reset.

Requested Bug Fixes:

A better bluetooth stack/more reliable Palm "hack" would be great. The reason that VC 1.6 doesn't work on the Treo750 (or 8525/Hermes, for that matter) is a "nonstandard bluetooth implementation".

2. Loss of sound issue (where only soft reset will bring back sound to speaker). Seems to be an issue when Voice Command is used. Does it happen to others when VC is not used?
    Probably has something to do with the hacked Palm implementation of bluetooth, as above.

2.5 Alarms not going off (not sure if related to #2)
    I've read on some other boards (maybe even this one) that this is a WM5 issue, not really Treo-specific. As I recall, it has something to do with the way that WM5 puts the device in sleep mode. WM5's alarm interface is very unintuitive anyway. However, I can say that at least 3rd party apps (with better interfaces, more options, etc.) work fine, although it would be nice to have an improvement without having to resort to that.

3. Storage Card issues (card not recognized after some time)
    I recently read something on the Windows Mobile Team Blog at http://blogs.msdn.com/windowsmobile/...-about-sd.aspx. Again, it has something to do with the way that WM5 puts devices into sleep mode. It does appear to be changeable by the OEM (Palm, in this case..) to a longer value. Doing so might cut the battery life (however small) or give other undesirable effects.

The blog does have lots of other informative posts, after all, they code the OS.

4. IMAP sent items saving issue
    Haven't seen this one yet, but I don't use my IMAP account to send many things on my Treo. At first blush, it looks like a bug in Outlook itself, rather than a Treo-bug. I have been wrong before, however.

5. Email delivery options problem with polling
    Some clarification please..do you mean the polling intervals of POP3/IMAP accounts, or heartbeat/sync issues with Exchange servers?

Requested Tweaks
    3. Option to have the Red phone button turn off the screen without having to go to the Today screen first, just like every other Treo except this one.
    I'm not sure how many people have seen it, but during CES2007 a phone/gadget blog interviewed a Palm employee. Basically, they made it go the the Today screen first, because they were marketing the phone in Europe, and Vodafone wanted the phone to behave like other WM5 phones in this respect. It would be a nice option, though.

7. Different Brightness settings for External and Battery Power
    3rd Party apps (PhoneAlarm, maybe others) do this. Again, would be a nice option.

8. Enable HSDPA
    With the new unlocked phones coming out (soon?) I don't think it's going to be very far off. It likely depends on Cingular, at least for their branded models.

9. Option for Extra Loud volumes
    I've heard one other complaint about this, at it was from someone who claimed to be partially deaf The suggested solution (on PPCGeeks, I believe) was to obtain a program that remixes a sound at a higher volume.

10. Volume Keys should silence the ringer just like keys on the QWERTY
    Yes, please.
  6.    #6  
    Another one I forgot to add in regards to tweaks:

Give us the in-call icons on the screen for Hangup, Mute, Hold, Speakerphone etc instead of resorting to the Menu so you can click them or use the 5 way and hit them like the 700wx

Give us the in-call icons on the screen for Hangup, Mute, Hold, Speakerphone etc instead of resorting to the Menu so you can click them or use the 5 way and hit them like the 700wx

I concur. What knucklehead thought we wanted to go through menu options to Mute and speakerphone? I would give anything to change the left side soft key from Hold to Mute.
    I have had a problem at times with my 750 connecting to the Cingular Network after I have had the radio off for a period of time. I have to soft reset to finally connect. No real pattern since I had it off for an hour today and it happened but off all last night and came back up right away when I enabled the radio.
    Here is my list-

-when security code lock is on, the phone cannot be answered when it is ringing

-system sounds disappear spontaneously requiring a soft reset

-gwes error appears spontaneously for "no apparent reason"

-2GB mini SD card has plenty of memory, yet the device pops up a screen telling me that it is out of memory space

-poor battery life
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    I have tried disabling the Voice Command for about 2 weeks now-initially I thought that had solved the disappearing system sounds, but the problem is now recurring almost daily (seems to be getting worse) and occasionally the Voice Command feature mysteriously turns itself back on...

Also, the gwes error is occuring almost daily now.

I hope that the update comes soon, as these are annoying to deal with during the business day.
    The issues I have encountered on my 750v are...

- screen stays dark and will not wake up after sitting on the charger overnight. The keys light up but it requires a soft reset

- when I flip the sound switch to off at night, and then back on in the morning, occasionaly the only sounds that are re-enabled are the ringers. Alarms, notifications, etc... all just vibrate. A soft reset takes care of this one too.
    Thanks,

np
    Palm must be getting LOTS of complaints: (look under "troubleshoot" links)

http://www.palm.com/us/support/treo/treo750cingular/

Now compare that to the troubleshoot links in the 700wx page:

http://www.palm.com/us/support/treo/treo700wxsprint/

Almost double! Looks like they're getting lots of complaints....GOOD!
    Has anyone noticed a loud noise when changing apps. I have had this thing for 4 days and I have heard it about 5 times. It is an odd pitch resembling feedback and lasting 1/10th of a second.
    Can you add this feature request to the list?

Please allow spell checking in SMS.
    OK, I'll play. I love this game.

First, this is looooong over due. Good job.

I believe vBulletin has a voting option if the moderator wants to fire it up so people can indicate there agreement or not with Scottmomo's original list.

Here is my first request (more to come as soon as I find my list)

When on the Today page, I sometimes look up people's number to give to someone (as apposed to hitting dial for the person or company I just typed). If you hit the red button to turn it off, when you come back there lookup is still on the screen. You can't touch any other part of the screen to get the lookup to go away. You have two choices, OK or backspace to get rid to the look up. Simple annoyance but drives me crazy as I use the phone to find all kinds of info I have stored in the contact list but not always calling someone.
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesRitter View Post
    Can you add this feature request to the list?

Please allow spell checking in SMS.
    no thanks there. i misspell things on purpose.

u cant say much so u spell wrong fit more dat way

phonetic spelling is great sms-speak so u no need dict
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesRitter View Post
    Has anyone noticed a loud noise when changing apps. I have had this thing for 4 days and I have heard it about 5 times. It is an odd pitch resembling feedback and lasting 1/10th of a second.

I've just started hearing that recently, but only very rarely..assuming it must be a 3rd party app doing it...but I could be wrong..

Quote Originally Posted by grundler View Post
    no thanks there. i misspell things on purpose.

u cant say much so u spell wrong fit more dat way

phonetic spelling is great sms-speak so u no need dict
    Dat is part of dee reezon y our kidz iz so s2pid 2day.
    Treo 750 - Cingular/ATT
    Another possible bug is that the UMTS connection is almost always on. I do not poll my email more than once an hour, yet the UMTS connections stays open most of the time, and drains both data and battery.

Anyone else have experience with this?

And this is not a bug -- but why is there no camera facing the user? This is a 3G phone after all?? Do they not want us to use video calling?? (not that I use it a whole lot, but still....)
    The most annoying problem is the instability of the connection when the treo is used as USB modem. As usual the wireless section of the palm devices is years behind any cheap european or asian phone.

Another annoying thing is the BT PIN input field, it requires only numeric values but, by default the kyeboard is in alphabetic mode.

The same problem was present in the treo 650 too, but was corrected with the latest firmwares
    Last edited by The Solutor; 02/17/2007 at 08:47 PM.
    -------------------------------------------------

Ericsson/Sonyericsson SH 668 > SH868 > SH888 > R320 >T39m > T65 >T68mc > R380 > P800 > Z600 > Z1010 > K608i
    Siemens ME45 > S55 > SL55
    Motorola 6200 > C333 > C350 > V547 > E1000 > A1000
    Nokia 7110 > 6230 > 6630 > 6230i> E60 > N80
    Panasonic G500 > GD90 > VS3
    Philips Fisio 820 > 825
    Palm Treo 650 > Treo 750V
    Samsung ZV40 > SGH-Z560
    NEC 338 > 616
    What about when you are using IE, you can not hit the number that corresponds to the link on the mobile optimized site and be taken to that link. I really enjoyed that feature in Blazer on my Treo 650.
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast