Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo View Post
    bummer...

Maybe setting the volume once an hour is too long an interval, or maybe it just doesn't help
    I too suffer from the sound bug. It is not simply volume: when the problem kicks in, nothing happens when you adjust the volume control (it still shows max, as it did before the problem), and you don't even get the normal buzz when you slide the top switch.

On the Cingular forum, I've seen some claims that this ties to a bug in the power save mode: once battery power falls below about 15%, the phone turns off sound and the buzzer to save power. That alone is a little odd, but a design feature. The bug is that it should turn both back on when the power is charged above that level, but it remains off until you do a soft reset.

I can't confirm this yet. For the moment, I make a point of pressing the volume button regularly - if I hear a click, sound still works, but if not I'll do a reset. The next time I loose sound, I'll look at the state of the battery.
    Hello, please include in this bug correction list the Dead Touchscreen. Me and a lot of members from this and other foruns (e.g. Palm, MyTreo, Brighthand) are facing the same issue. Reading this list I figured out what is the main function of the stylus: Perform the reset. In our case this is the only function that it has.
    Here's one that I am experiencing. It seems that if there is an active data connection, and I lose signal, I cannot restablish a connection without power cycling or soft resetting the phone. Anytime it tries to connect, you get an error message that "The answering modem has disconnected. To check your connection setting and change them if needed, tap Settings". This also seems to happen after I sync up with ActiveSync. This is very annoying since I always lose signal in the elevator at my job and then I have to reboot it to get data back. I am not in a UTMS area, just GRPS so I was thinking that might have something to do with it. Who knows at this point.
    When i make a phonecall and the receiver is busy, the busy tone plays through the speaker on the back too. I don't have handsfree selected nor does turning it on/off help.

Turning all sounds off with the top button does make it stop, but once i turn it off again all busy tones will play through the back speaker.
    edit: nvr mnd
    Last edited by zeep; 06/07/2007 at 12:19 PM.
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffp25 View Post
    I too suffer from the sound bug. . . .
    On the Cingular forum, I've seen some claims that this ties to a bug in the power save mode: once battery power falls below about 15%, the phone turns off sound and the buzzer to save power. That alone is a little odd, but a design feature. The bug is that it should turn both back on when the power is charged above that level, but it remains off until you do a soft reset.
    I guess I can confirm it now. The ringer was working fine when the battery was about 50%. I let it get down to about 10% and the ringer stopped working. I charged up the phone, and it still wouldn't ring at any setting. I reset the phone, and the ringer started working again.
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    Saw this at XDA, you can change the soft key....

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...1&postcount=19
    Palm 650 > Nokis 6682 > HTC 8125 > Nokia e62 > BB Pearl > Samsung Blackjack > HTC 8525 > Treo 750 & HTC Trinity
    So, how prevalent is the "Sound Bug"?
    Apple iPhone 8GB
    Apple 15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Ghz C2D
    Retired Treo 650
    I have never experienced the sound bug and I've had my Treo 750 from the first day AT&T put it on sale in January. Some have apparently linked the sound but to letting the battery level fall below 20%, which I hardly if ever have happen. I'm not sure if that's the only thing that can cause it, but it appears that's one reproducible case.
    I'd like to say it's rare, but some people seem to experience it a lot. If they let the battery run down, I guess that explains it.
  10.    #70  
    It's never happened to me either
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    I've had problems with the dead screen issue which Palm exchanged a new one for me. The other problem I have with WM is Activesync. For some reason, it just won't sync! It'll connect, check to see if everything is synced and then disconnect without syncing. I'm using the USB cable with the cradle when doing this because I also need to charge up the battery. So sometimes I take the phone out of the cradle and use BT. Much slower but gets the job done.
    Just upgraded from a Treo 650, happy so far, but I was wondering: is it a bug that the screen of the Treo 750 does not dim after a while when you're on a call?

It's rather strange that the backlight is on, when making a call.
    - FoleoCentral
    Staying where we are.
  13. miw
    OK. I'll add my $0.02 worth.

FIX the SMS Messaging application. Aside from being threaded, it blows.

1. It crashes if you receive an SMS containing a mixture of Chinese and Latin characters. Maybe this only happens if it is sent from a Chinese phone. I could not replicate by sending Chinese SMSs to myself from my own Treo, but getting a friend to send would crash it every time.

2. You can't save messages to any folder except "Saved". Even old candy bar phones allow you to create your own folder.

3. There is no way to save your SMS messages back to the PC. If you do a hard reset you have no way to not lose all of your messages.
    Last edited by miw; 07/26/2007 at 10:28 AM. Reason: typography and clarity.
  14.    #74  
    I've updated the first post based on observations from the WM6 upgrade. If other things are fixed let me know and I'll update it.
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by miw View Post
    OK. I'll add my $0.02 worth.

FIX the SMS Messaging application. Aside from being threaded, it blows.

1. It crashes if you receive an SMS containing a mixture of Chinese and Latin characters. Maybe this only happens if it is sent from a Chinese phone. I could not replicate by sending Chinese SMSs to myself from my own Treo, but getting a friend to send would crash it every time.

2. You can't save messages to any folder except "Saved". Even old candy bar phones allow you to create your own folder.

3. There is no way to save your SMS messages back to the PC. If you do a hard reset you have no way to not lose all of your messages.

#3--- Another poster listed the SMS message file to save to the PC when doing a hard reset. After my hard reset- restored that file, and my complete SMS threads where restored in it's entirety.
    Wait how can you update an 'official' bug list with stuff from an unofficial ROM?
    Treo Pro on Vodafone UK X 2
    Dont know if this is a bug or its something i did when i try to link my e mail to the internet with the new WM6 I get a message the file operalaunch cannot be opened. either it is not signed with a trusted certificate or one of its components cannot be found. I made the mistake and made opera my default on WM6. I deleted it then installed again and did not make it my default but i still get same message. Anyone have any ideas on how to correct this without doing a hard reset.

Fred
    I just had "time" untangling a problem. I was running xpress mail and the palm sound driver upgrade. I ran into problems after i installed epocrates and styletap (for stat e/m coder.) What happened is my email became unstable. I would lose emails, not send emails or other problems. I am using Outlook 2003 from work for my main email.

After a series of hard resets and software installations I narrowed the problem down to the xpress email program or the Palm update for the sound driver problem. My system seems to be stable when I don't install them both.

I'd like to know which of these files (or both) are the culprit. If possible I'd like to be able to either hear my phone ring or get my Yahoo email!!

Your input appreciated
    Not sure if this is a bug or just a problem i have due to third party software but it seems sometimes an incoming SMS, email or alarm does not come because my 750 is 'off' and only when i power it up does the alarm, sms, email notification arrive.
    1. HTC Touch Dual Neon 300, Stock Rom
    2. AT&T Tilt (Refurb) with DK.8 Rom (collecting dust)
    Here is my bug - hopefully someone can help...

I have a Ricoh Fax 4420 at work. This fax forwards to a group distribution as tif or pdf files any faxes that come in. I had a Sprint Treo 650 that could open the attachments with no problem. My company just switched to ATT and I got the Treo 750 and my partner got the Blackberry Curve. The Blackberry has no problems opening the fax forwarded attachments. HOWEVER, my Treo 750 can not!

I have called ATT - Microsoft and Ricoh and no one knows the answer.
    ATT and Microsoft blame Ricoh and Ricoh blames the others. Ricoh says it is most likely a javascript error with windows mobile 5.

I can receive tif and pdf files from others and open them with no problem. I have sent an email from my partners Blackberry with the fax attachment and I can not open it on my Treo 750. However, if I save the file to my desktop and email it then I CAN open it.

The difference I have noticed is that when I receive the emails from the Ricoh fax quotation marks are added to attachment. So when I get an email instead of FAX1111.pdf it comes in as "FAX111.pdf" and the file is converted from .pdf to .pdf". The quotation mark at the end makes it an invalid file type. I can not open it or save it to my treo. The exact same thing happens if I change the setting on the Ricoh to send as TIF files the " is added at the end so TIF" is not recognized. When I do a Save As the file type can not be saved and it is grayed out so I can not manually remove the (") from the file type.

On a big file that was downloading I noticed that it was fine as it was being downloaded. I could see the file name and pdf icon exactly as it should be THEN at the last second it added the (") and the pdf icon disappeared and it became an invalid file type. Whatever happened at the very end could be the problem.

Anyone here with a solution?
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast