Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Yes, it should be possible. I haven't spent any effort finding out how. But over at xda-developers.com you should be able to find the answer. Of course someone needs to do a ROM dump of the US version so you have something to flash.
    I've been a treo owner for some time and recently upgraded to the 750. I like it, but it falls short of being a great phone due to these bugs. I wouldn't recommend it if I were in charge of a large corporate rollout.

1. Sound Bug - Missed calls. I have had the sound bug (phone just randomly turns sound off) even the voice commands are disabled. It really sucks missing a call that you are expecting because your phone turned off.

2. This may be a network issue but where I am, the Treo does not manage connections switching between GPS and UMTS very well. I've had tons of dropped calls at times.

3. Battery drain. Using UMTS for email seems to be a failure point in the design of the Treo/WM right now. I have to charge the Treo everyday sometimes twice a day just because UMTS stays on all the time to check email. RIM's reliance on GPRS is probably proving to be a benefit in this regard since the connection is 'fast enough' and uses less battery.

4. Annoyances. WM is great as an underlying OS, but it offers many opportunities for improvement where Palm should be taking advantage. Annoyances are not crtical to choosing one platform over another but it sure would help if this phone were easier to use. I simply can not hand it to someone else without explaining how to use it.
    - the email account requests a password when connected to hotmail. Click save password but it doesn't actually save the password. I have to enter this every day.
    - on screen buttons instead of using menu during call as mentioned previously.
    - click, click, click, click, click, click. Does this get my point across? I understand this is mostly due to WM, but every click is an opportunity for Palm to improve the user experience.

5 Platform. It is critical that Palm do a better job executing on the WM platform. This is the path of their future success. I would not choose or recommend their dead and buried PalmOS platform for business use. If they don't execute better on WM, I don't think we'll see treos sell as widely as we all would like to see.
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo View Post
    2. Loss of sound issue (where only soft reset will bring back sound to speaker). Seems to be an issue when Voice Command is used. Does it happen to others when VC is not used?
    OF COURSE!
    I don't use the VC and still the sound goes away.... it also came back once, without softresetting. I spent a good amount of $$$ to buy this phone for my wife, on the wave that she loved the 650... but what a bad idea!! Is something going to be done in order to fix all these bugs? By the way, my 750 is unlocked, but I guess it doesn't make any difference, or does it? Thank you guys, Paul.
    I too have the sound issue and the extremely high amount of dropped calls. It seems to be on the same spots on the highway even. My wife has the LG CU400 (UMTS) phone and it also has severe dropped calls.

Quite honestly, this phone has not been ideal. I had the Treo 600 before and almost think it was more productive for day-to-day use than the 750.

Another bug which frustrates the HECK out of me is...
    When on a call, if I bump the volume up on the side it will make a random call to one of my picture speed dials. This is so frustrating, cause it puts my current phone call on hold and dials someone else. This is another frustrating bug.

Anybody know of any fixes, if any?
    Quote Originally Posted by JKTucker View Post
    I too have the sound issue and the extremely high amount of dropped calls. It seems to be on the same spots on the highway even. My wife has the LG CU400 (UMTS) phone and it also has severe dropped calls.
    This obviously has nothing to do with the Treo 750. It's clearly a coverage issue if both phones drop calls a lot, and especially on the same dead zone on a highway.
    It could be a UMTS covetage issue where you lose UMTS coverage but for some reason there isn't a GSM tower ready to hand off to.

As for your picture dial problem, I don't know. I don't use that feature. I disabled the today plugin.
    My volume keys change the volume when I'm on a call, not speed dials. That's realy odd that it calls your contacts.
    I don't know that you can blame the hotmail password issue on Palm. I go through cycles where it doesn't work on my laptop. Even if I use IE, it can prompt me for my passwords, even though I tell it to save it. I'm assuming it is a server side problem.

I'll see. I'm very likely to be ordering my 750 in the next few days.
    Here's a couple of bugs:
    1) Menu>Delivery preferences doesn't work right and/or with the delivery preferences under options
    2) "Delete Mail" on send/recive doesn't work.
    I have no clue if these are Treo 750 specific or just WM bugs.
    Quote Originally Posted by taylorh View Post
    This obviously has nothing to do with the Treo 750. It's clearly a coverage issue if both phones drop calls a lot, and especially on the same dead zone on a highway.
    It could be a UMTS covetage issue where you lose UMTS coverage but for some reason there isn't a GSM tower ready to hand off to.

As for your picture dial problem, I don't know. I don't use that feature. I disabled the today plugin.
    My volume keys change the volume when I'm on a call, not speed dials. That's realy odd that it calls your contacts.
    Sure, you're right it isn't a Treo 750 functionality problem, but since the 750 is Cingular and Cingular branded it is a 750 problem. I didn't see in here that it states only bugs should be addressed if it pertains to the 750 and not the carrier. In the end, someone else could have this problem and besides the dropped calls occur on the Interstate in the city.

As for volume buttons, mine too control volume but for some reason when I'm on the phone and am hitting volume up several times it will end up dialing another call. I assumed it is tied to speed dials b/c the only numbers it's ever called is that of people on my picture speed dial.
    Is it possible that you do not have your touchscreen disabled during a call? If you do not, and you move the Treo to adjust volume, it may be rubbing on your cheek and pressing on one of your picture speed dials.
    Thanks,

np
    I have the same issue with my BMW 3 series. It always connects if I pair it, but it drops right after. The phone spends the whole care ride connecting and disconnecting. When I end a call, it sometimes starts ringing in the car even though there is no call coming in. I have to place a physical call on the phone to stop the car from ringing. It's crazy, my Treo 650 had no issues at all.
  11.    #51  
    Quote Originally Posted by Iloveheat View Post
    OF COURSE!
    I don't use the VC and still the sound goes away.... it also came back once, without softresetting. I spent a good amount of $$$ to buy this phone for my wife, on the wave that she loved the 650... but what a bad idea!! Is something going to be done in order to fix all these bugs? By the way, my 750 is unlocked, but I guess it doesn't make any difference, or does it? Thank you guys, Paul.
    I don't think I've ever encountered the loss of sound issue (lucky me), but here's an attempt to try and fix it for those who want to try it out. Let me know how it goes.

This is just a simple script using MortScript that sets the volume once an hour to 200 (max is 256).

Included in the zip file is the script itself (750SoundFix.mscr) and MortScript CAB install file.

For folks not using MortScript for anything else:
    1. Unzip the zip and transfer both files to your device or SD card (via ActiveSync, Card Reader, etc)

2. From File Explorer launch the MortScript.cab and it will install MortScript on your device

3. Move the 750SoundFix.mscr script file into \Windows\Start Menu\Programs\MortScript

4. Start->Programs->MortScript->750SoundFix -- this activates the script

For previous MortScripters..just move the script file as listed in step 3 above and then activate the script...no need to reinstall MortScript if you already have it installed.

See if this helps. If you have to soft reset your device, you will need to reactivate the script (last step)

Let me know if it makes any difference.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo View Post
    I don't think I've ever encountered the loss of sound issue (lucky me), but here's an attempt to try and fix it for those who want to try it out. Let me know how it goes.

This is just a simple script using MortScript that sets the volume once an hour to 200 (max is 256).

Included in the zip file is the script itself (750SoundFix.mscr) and MortScript CAB install file.

For folks not using MortScript for anything else:
    1. Unzip the zip and transfer both files to your device or SD card (via ActiveSync, Card Reader, etc)

2. From File Explorer launch the MortScript.cab and it will install MortScript on your device

3. Move the 750SoundFix.mscr script file into \Windows\Start Menu\Programs\MortScript

4. Start->Programs->MortScript->750SoundFix -- this activates the script

For previous MortScripters..just move the script file as listed in step 3 above and then activate the script...no need to reinstall MortScript if you already have it installed.

See if this helps. If you have to soft reset your device, you will need to reactivate the script (last step)

Let me know if it makes any difference.
    Thanks! Didn't work for me though.
  13.    #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by moderateinny View Post
    Thanks! Didn't work for me though.
    bummer...

Maybe setting the volume once an hour is too long an interval, or maybe it just doesn't help

If you wanted to you could rename the file to .txt, change the "Sleep" interval to something shorter (it's in miliseconds), soft reset and try it again...
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Actually I blew away the whole phone and started from scratch. So for now I have a ringer....but what a pain in the a$$. Palm needs to fix this and the mini SD card issue ASAP.
    Another issue I've seen with one web site is that the ordering is messed up.

On one "blog" page I frequent, where they do the traditional newest posting on top, I noticed that it was over a day old, even when my PC showed it as up to date. Reset. Refresh. No change. Finally realized that if I paged down I could eventually find the newer posts scattered around. Probably the problem is the page gets too large for the Treo.

Hopefully this will be resolved by upgrading sometime to WM6.

Otherwise, I like that the internet appears to be faster, even in Edge areas, than my previous combo of a PDA tethered through another phone. I can leave images on.
    My Treo 750 (cingular) keeps dropping calls. I have full reception at these times and I can't figure out why. Any suggestions??

Also, I can't get my outbound emails to go through using the 'inbox' software. I have spoken to tech support and they seem to be clueless across the board. Should I just get snappermail or some other email program?

I am not very tech savvy, so let me know what other info you need to help.

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by moderateinny View Post
    Actually I blew away the whole phone and started from scratch. So for now I have a ringer....but what a pain in the a$$. Palm needs to fix this and the mini SD card issue ASAP.
    Well that worked for less than two weeks.....I lost my god d#$# ringer again! WTF! Has anyone else experienced this? Or better yet, has anyone come up with a fix/workaround?

Thanks.
    my 750v have the below bugs.
    1.gwes.exe non stop grown till system hang
    2.open Chines SMS have full frame char. will hang
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Cingular confirmed that a WM6 rom update is on the way for the Treo 750.

http://www.engadgetmobile.com/2007/0...-wm6-treatment

I hope it addresses most if not all of these issues!
    I'd like to request:

Linux/ubuntu for the 750
    Windows < ubuntu + beryl (UNIX/Linux)... now time to code..

yay for hackers and all the wonderful tools used by said brains.
    Anyone play counterstrike?
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast