Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. ms8
    How about copying phone numbers into contacts? You can't copy and paste a phone number from call log or SMS originator into an existing contact...
  2. ms8
    Vcard support in Messaging is also sorely lacking...they have to be MMS or emailed... there is also no bluetooth sending of contacts from Nokia's, Blackberry's etc...
    Yeah, I was shocked to find out that WM can't send files, images, or .vcards via bluetooth. It also can't setup a bluetooth networking to do reverse DUN like I can on the Treo 650.
    Yeah, I was shocked to find out that WM can't send files, images, or .vcards
    You can, just go to beam menu

It also can't setup a bluetooth networking to do reverse DUN like I can on the Treo 650.
    You can also, jus connect via activesync an then you can browse the web via your home connection.
    -------------------------------------------------

Ericsson/Sonyericsson SH 668 > SH868 > SH888 > R320 >T39m > T65 >T68mc > R380 > P800 > Z600 > Z1010 > K608i
    Siemens ME45 > S55 > SL55
    Motorola 6200 > C333 > C350 > V547 > E1000 > A1000
    Nokia 7110 > 6230 > 6630 > 6230i> E60 > N80
    Panasonic G500 > GD90 > VS3
    Philips Fisio 820 > 825
    Palm Treo 650 > Treo 750V
    Samsung ZV40 > SGH-Z560
    NEC 338 > 616
    I wish you could.....

1. create distribution lists
    2. designate time zones for calendar events

Neither of these are Treo specific but more WM 5 issues I have that do not seem to be addressed in WM6
    Quote Originally Posted by The Solutor View Post
    You can, just go to beam menu

You can also, jus connect via activesync an then you can browse the web via your home connection.
    From my PC, I can't send files to the Treo because it doesn't identify itself as capable. I never tryed to send them to the PC, though.

I can't us the bluetooth with me bluetooth network access point and can not set up a network connection via bluetooth serial like PalmOS can.
    Sure there's activesync but I can't get BT activesync to work. But that's my own (computer) problem.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
    Quote Originally Posted by kortez View Post
    Go to Settings > Connections > Beam and place a check.

PS Reading instruction is useful.
    OMG! Are you serious?
    Why on earth is the under "Beam"? I've seen this before but I though this only applied to (IR) beaming. Why the heck isn't this under bluetooth settings where it would be logical?

I have read the manual. But appearently missed this.

You're right, it works. Thanks.
    Sure there's activesync but I can't get BT activesync to work. But that's my own (computer) problem.
    Activesync works only if the BT serial ports are from com1 to com10 if you have higher numbrer you have to remove the "phantom com ports"

Take a look here

http://www.geekzone.co.nz/forums.asp...=8&TopicId=422
    -------------------------------------------------

Ericsson/Sonyericsson SH 668 > SH868 > SH888 > R320 >T39m > T65 >T68mc > R380 > P800 > Z600 > Z1010 > K608i
    Siemens ME45 > S55 > SL55
    Motorola 6200 > C333 > C350 > V547 > E1000 > A1000
    Nokia 7110 > 6230 > 6630 > 6230i> E60 > N80
    Panasonic G500 > GD90 > VS3
    Philips Fisio 820 > 825
    Palm Treo 650 > Treo 750V
    Samsung ZV40 > SGH-Z560
    NEC 338 > 616
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    I've run into two on this list:
    1. The loss of sound, requiring a soft reset, and
    2. The inability to turn the phone on.

Thanks to this thread, I now know that the first problem could be from the Voice Activation option - I've turned that off and now I'll see that that has taken care of the problem. For the other issue, I often turn the phone off when I go to bed and sometimes have trouble getting it to turn on the next morning - the solution is typically a soft reset.

The second issue is not critical, just anoying, but the first has made me miss some important calls. I asked about this issue in two big Cingular stores, both of which said that there must be something wrong with my phone and I should have it exchanged. I'm glad I checked here first.
    The keylock is useless if you carry your phone in your pocket, or a tight fitting case, or purse and use bluetooth to answer calls. You can lock the device when it power off, and during a call, but it automatically unlocks when the call ends and there is NO WAY TO PREVENT THIS with the built in software. What ends up happening is unwanted screen and button presses, and the device stays on the entire time something is touching the screen, draining the battery dead. This is a very stupid oversight by Palm QC.
    I'm with scottymomo - "1. Bluetooth connectivity/dropping issues (including car integration like bcaslis' BMW)"

I'm having a horrible time with Bluetooth maintaining a consistent connection with my 2006 BMW 3-series. My Treo 650 worked flawlessly. The 750, however, randomly disconnects (requiring manual reconnection through Wireless Manager - disconnecting Bluetooth (which says it's Discoverable), and then reconnecting). Not a very safe hands-free setup, for sure! Any thoughts? Sounds like it could be a BMW/Treo 750 issue, but what's different between the 650 and 750 in that regard? Could it be a hardware problem, or strictly firmware (or software)? I'm trying to decide if trading it in for an new handset would help, or if I'm bound for the same problems.
    By the way, I'm in agreement that WM should have screen-based icons (or at least first-level - i.e., one-touch - menu buttons that work the speakerphone and mute (I agree with whoever said a button for "Hold" is the most asinine use of a first-level menu button).

The only concern I have about this is that the Today screen is so sensitive when a call is underway, I always end up activating the "clock/date" menu, so I had to check the "disable touchscreen when phone is active" to limit likelihood of changing time or time zones (which happened to me). So if screen-based menu buttons are added, it would need to be in a completely different phone interface (like PalmOS, maybe?!) or else it won't work.
    Quote Originally Posted by mmereos View Post
    I had Bluetooth issues with the Treo 680 and I've heard some of the 700p's also had the connectivity issue, but the 750 has been rock solid for me. I even have it paired with my Plantronics headset and my Mercedes S550 and I turn off the Plantronics get in my car and it automatically gets picked up on the Merc, I've also never had to re-pair it with any devices. So for me I don't think there are any issues with the Bluetooth on the 750.

So far I haven't seen the alarm issue either.
    You are lucky to have no problems with 750 Bluetooth - does anyone know what the key differences are between BMW and Mercedes Bluetooth setups?
  14.    #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoJeff View Post
    By the way, I'm in agreement that WM should have screen-based icons (or at least first-level - i.e., one-touch - menu buttons that work the speakerphone and mute (I agree with whoever said a button for "Hold" is the most asinine use of a first-level menu button).

The only concern I have about this is that the Today screen is so sensitive when a call is underway, I always end up activating the "clock/date" menu, so I had to check the "disable touchscreen when phone is active" to limit likelihood of changing time or time zones (which happened to me). So if screen-based menu buttons are added, it would need to be in a completely different phone interface (like PalmOS, maybe?!) or else it won't work.
    Another annoyance of mine is that when you do have the setting to disable the touchscreen when the phone is active, the keyguard covers up the little gray line that shows what numbers you've pressed and a couple other icons for mute/hold I think...can't tell for sure because my keyguard is on and I can't see them unless I disable that!

At least on the 650 there was just small text at the very bottom of the screen indicating the touchscreen was disabled and it didn't cover up anything.
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  15.    #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by ms8 View Post
    How about copying phone numbers into contacts? You can't copy and paste a phone number from call log or SMS originator into an existing contact...
    True, you can only do it and save as a new contact (press and hold Dpad Center or tap and hold).
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  16. ms8
    Here's one that I've got:

If you speed dial a number, hang up before the call connects and try to dial another immediately, the phone will drop the network! you then have to wait for it to re-register on your network before making another call.

anyone else notice this?
    I also have a strange issue on my 750 (Unlocked GSM). If someone calls me, it takes a very long time before my phone wakes up and starts playing the ringtone. After that it takes another long time before the call is answered, even though I press the answer button immediately. I've tested this with a friend of mine, and it can take up to 5 dialtones (don't know the correct word) before I can answer the phone.

It doesn't matter if I'm using standard or MP3 ringtones, it also doesn't matter if I'm on the UMTS network or on the GSM network.

Am I the only one experiencing this?
    I have encoutered an issue that seems to be common as well: As soon as I get a phone call, a whole host of apps are launched. Usually email is always launched, but also search and a random variety of other apps. So after every phone call, I have to shut down at least 4-5 apps.
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    TreoJeff, I have a similar problem in my '07 3 series. The 750v will connect to my car's system and usually it will disconnect within one minute. After this I have not figured out how to get it to connect again. It is weird because I have had one or two ten minute conversations using the BT in the car with the 750v without a problem but it usually is not connected for long enough to even make a call.

Better yet, sometimes when the system believes it is connected to the phone, no audio comes through the car's system or the phone. There is nothing I can do but hang up and call the person back.

My TyTN does not have these problems. Yeah, it turns its bluetooth off sometimes when it isn't connected to anything, but all I have to do is turn it back on. Simple fix. The Treo is just too buggy and is going back...
    Is it possible to upgrade the firmware on a 750V (current version is 1.12.0a.00 s/w version TREO750-1.15-VFE.

I understand many of these bugs are fixed in the US version of the 750
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast