View Poll Results: I have owned a 700w/wx that had an issue with the headphone jack

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes I have

15 71.43%
  • No-I use mine and have never had an issue

6 28.57%
  1.    #1  
    Please only respond if you actually USE the jack.

I am trying to figure out if it is worth my while to return my unit. If I am just going to get another one that breaks after a month it is probably not.

Thanks
    -Rob
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
    Mine has been loose for a month or so. Everytime the phone bumps against something when I walk the sound cuts in and out...it's very annoying. I am waiting for Verizon to the get 700wx before I do a warranty replacement.
    OH-IO!!!
    Current Record: 1-2 in BCS Championships Current Rank: #5
    Next Game: 8/30 - Youngstown State

Formerly "Tre-i-e-i-o"
    Former Treo owner (iPhone 3G baby!)
    I've replace 2. I use my jack so much I couldn't be without it.

Invest in the smaller sedio jack adapter here at TC and get a pair of headphones that use the smaller jack size as well.

STAY AWAY from the long barrel type adapters commonly found at Radio Shack. They are bad news. They will aid in your breakage.
    Like hotrod said the adapters are killers get a good shure headset and a replacement unit...
    My first WX's headset jack got stuck.

The only thing I ever plugged into it was the audio plug which is part of the Seidio Innodock cradle.
    I'm running my next marathon for charity.

Click here and help me by donating online.
    hmm mine only has audio in one channel iv tried several different stero headsets with it but still the same result, =\
    Have you tried different adapters? I had a Seidio one that I bought here that was that way. If you have then I'd call tech support and get a new phone.
    Yanmared
    You have to use headphones wired for the Treo's they are wired differently than the headsets for every other phone on the planet
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by hotrod View Post
    STAY AWAY from the long barrel type adapters commonly found at Radio Shack. They are bad news. They will aid in your breakage.

Of course that is exactly what I use to listen to mp3s in the car!

THX.
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
    Good advice hotrod. I used to have a "whip" type (like the Seidio) but lost it and had to switch to the barrell type to tide me over for a week. Within three days the jack was loose.
    OH-IO!!!
    Current Record: 1-2 in BCS Championships Current Rank: #5
    Next Game: 8/30 - Youngstown State

Formerly "Tre-i-e-i-o"
    Former Treo owner (iPhone 3G baby!)
    Oh yeah. Radioshack adapters + Treo = BAD NEWS

They are so long that any little force will crack the internal adapter. Whether its on your armrest and you lean over to get something from passenger seat floor or in your pants pocket and you bend over to tie your shoe.....snap-crack-broken-jack.
    I am not denying that the problem exists -- as a cottage industry has grown up around it. . . . . however, 23 months on a 650 and 2 months on a 700P and I have not had the issue (using the headphone jack once a day).