1.    #1  
    I'm looking at upgrading to a 700wx for sprint. I have a 650 now and I'm running tom tom. Is there a way to use my palm based tom tom on the 700wx?
    http://treo.discussion.treocentral.c...light=emulator

Not sure if it works with TomTom though.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Wow! I've spent hours looking for a decent replacement for the timing/invoicing program I used in my Treo 650. It saved data to an Access database file, and all of the WM5 programs use SQL Server Lite. If this works it'll save me the cost of replacing the one I have. Before saying the emulator is expensive, consider the cost of a replacement for something you already own. I'll try tonight and report.
    Mike Caldwell
    Wow! I've spent hours looking for a decent replacement for the timing/invoicing program I used in my Treo 650. It saved data to an Access database file, and all of the WM5 programs use SQL Server Lite. If this works it'll save me the cost of replacing the one I have. Before saying the emulator is expensive, consider the cost of a replacement for something you already own. I'll try tonight and report.
    Mike Caldwell
    Quote Originally Posted by darkfox3 View Post
    I'm looking at upgrading to a 700wx for sprint. I have a 650 now and I'm running tom tom. Is there a way to use my palm based tom tom on the 700wx?
    I recently updated my TomTom to the newest version--6.something. (I had a 650 when I bought TomTom, and a 700p when I upgraded.) It came on a single DVD w/ software for multiple platforms. When I took my 700p back to Costco for a full refund (one of the happiest days of the year so far) and bought the PPC 6700, I just popped in the DVD, and it loaded the correct (WM5) software for the PPC 6700. I've had no problems at all. Some people have said they've had to call TomTom to allow a new device to be activated, but that was not my experience.

If you're using an older version, I'm not sure what will happen, but the upgrade was well worth $50.

Of course, this is all IMHO, YMMV.

Jonathan
    Treo 650 Cingular -> Treo 650 Sprint -> Treo 700p Sprint -> PPC 6700 Sprint -> Treo 700wx Sprint