1.    #1  
    Hi-

My first post, and already asking for help!

Anyway, I got my 300+ contacts transfered over to the 700w and they seem to work fine. Except for one person. Whenever he calls or I call him, it always shows up as "unknown call." It appears this way on the incoming call log, but on the outgoing, his name will appear.

I've tried deleting his contact info, deleting my call log, and deleting that PALMVOL file and doing a soft reset to create a blank one. I've also tried putting that number into a different slot (ie work vs mobile) in his contact info.

What's even odder, is that despite the incoming call not being recognized, it doesnt prompt me to add a contact after the call is complete.

It's only one number but it's really annoying me.

Thanks in advance!
  2.    #2  
    Well, I figured it out.

Not sure how, but the default contacts of "Unamed" and "Unknown Caller" somehow got a number attached to them.

A quick delete of those stored numbers got everything back to normal. I'm still not sure how that got there, I think it could have been due to the fact this my guy called before I had synced the contacts, so his number somehow got assigned to those default contact names.

Sure makes me look dumb but maybe it will help someone else down the road.
    Quote Originally Posted by wondo View Post
    Hi-

My first post, and already asking for help!

Anyway, I got my 300+ contacts transfered over to the 700w and they seem to work fine. Except for one person. Whenever he calls or I call him, it always shows up as "unknown call." It appears this way on the incoming call log, but on the outgoing, his name will appear.

I've tried deleting his contact info, deleting my call log, and deleting that PALMVOL file and doing a soft reset to create a blank one. I've also tried putting that number into a different slot (ie work vs mobile) in his contact info.

What's even odder, is that despite the incoming call not being recognized, it doesnt prompt me to add a contact after the call is complete.

It's only one number but it's really annoying me.

Thanks in advance!
    I am glad you figured out the problem.

I want to commend you on your troubleshooting skills. We would have far fewer pointless threads if everyone went through the same steps you did before posting.

Good work.

-Rob
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
    Great job Wondo. I had the same issue on my 700W and your resolution fixed mine as well. Thanks.