1.    #1  
    Hi,

I have been trying to get BB Connect to work on my 750v. I just noticed that the IMEI number that the sticker shows on the phone is different than the one that I see in the Setttings->About section. Is this common? If so, which one do I use (BBConnect shows the one from the About screen). I'm grasping at straws here, because everything in the setup runs smoothly, but BB Connect will just not connect. I have the correct data plan, used the BIS website to create the email account and enabled the forwarding. The network is "available" according to the software, but it just never gets to connected. I called Cingular and gave them the IMEI number from the About screen and they said it was different than the one they had (which makes sense as I bought an unlocked 750v). They said the IMEI is important for the BBConnect service, so that is why I was wondering if the mismatch could be causing me problems. Any help would be appreciated.

TIA

Moppet52
  2.    #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by moppet52 View Post
    Hi,

I have been trying to get BB Connect to work on my 750v. I just noticed that the IMEI number that the sticker shows on the phone is different than the one that I see in the Setttings->About section. Is this common? If so, which one do I use (BBConnect shows the one from the About screen). I'm grasping at straws here, because everything in the setup runs smoothly, but BB Connect will just not connect. I have the correct data plan, used the BIS website to create the email account and enabled the forwarding. The network is "available" according to the software, but it just never gets to connected. I called Cingular and gave them the IMEI number from the About screen and they said it was different than the one they had (which makes sense as I bought an unlocked 750v). They said the IMEI is important for the BBConnect service, so that is why I was wondering if the mismatch could be causing me problems. Any help would be appreciated.

TIA

Moppet52
    Okay, I have further the only real difference is that IMEI number in the About screen has 2 extra digits. Is this normal?
    Are the digits "0's"?
    Brian McGuire
    .../600/650/8700c/700w/Moto Q/700p/Nokia E62/700wx/8525/750c/BB Pearl/Blackjack/BB 8800/BB Curve & HTC Vox S710 >>iPhone
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by brmcguire View Post
    Are the digits "0's"?
    no, they are not. They are two extra digits between 1-9. Not normal?