Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 32 of 32
  1. #21  
    That should help plug any vulnerabilities that hackers discover in the OS. Previously it had to wait for very rare ROM updates from network providers.

    Surur
  2. #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post


    One cool thing about Crossbow though: Windows Update

    It has this feature built in and I think it updates things that the AKUs used to deliver. I was unsure about the function until this morning.

    On Engadget, the posted screenshots from the SP version (aka Standard) and they show the Win Update feature working. Click the link below to see what it can do...this could be huge for Crossbow users.

    http://www.engadget.com/photos/windo...ctures/154594/
    That is soooo sexy.

    I've tried doing the Windows Update on the Universal but it always says there are none available. Haven't tried in a while though, I'll try it when I get home tonight...
  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlepat View Post
    That is soooo sexy.

    I've tried doing the Windows Update on the Universal but it always says there are none available. Haven't tried in a while though, I'll try it when I get home tonight...
    Still no updates

    Anyway, have you noticed the short cut keys in pocket outlook? Press and hold H (for help) and up will pop a list of short cut keys. Another feature which I dont think was supported before was selecting e-mail by holding down the shift key and the arrow keys. It makes it easier to select all and mark them all as read. Its unfortunate that there is no select all shortcut key however ;(

    Surur
  4. #24  
    All I have to ask is why? We have had this phone for under a month and already talking about how to upgrade it. I think I would rather stick with a phone built for WM5 then a updated device with limitations or bugs, you know thats what you normally end up with when upgrading a phone device to new US build. You know... Everything will work except... And no palm enhancements etc. I wouldn't mind if palm released an update for the Treo 750, I think there is a greater chance Palm releasing a Treo 75x to another carrier with WM6.
  5. #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by surur View Post
    Still no updates

    Anyway, have you noticed the short cut keys in pocket outlook? Press and hold H (for help) and up will pop a list of short cut keys. Another feature which I dont think was supported before was selecting e-mail by holding down the shift key and the arrow keys. It makes it easier to select all and mark them all as read. Its unfortunate that there is no select all shortcut key however ;(

    Surur
    I haven't tried the shortcuts yet in outlook, but I know the Treo could do the multi-select with shift+letter, than d-pad.

    I really like the OS. It is in no way a major breakthrough, but I think its faster then 5, and more stable.

    I can't get 3G here in the US with the universal, so I don't use it as a phone. Plus its HUGEEE lol. It's kinda like my "science project."
  6. #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by Interstink View Post
    All I have to ask is why? We have had this phone for under a month and already talking about how to upgrade it. I think I would rather stick with a phone built for WM5 then a updated device with limitations or bugs, you know thats what you normally end up with when upgrading a phone device to new US build. You know... Everything will work except... And no palm enhancements etc. I wouldn't mind if palm released an update for the Treo 750, I think there is a greater chance Palm releasing a Treo 75x to another carrier with WM6.
    To answer your question, you are right in sayong that Palm does not owe us an OS update, especially wm6. No way whatsoever. But the phone does have some bugs that were not present in the 700's, and they need to address those issues. Plus the bugs that are still there! (BT dropout specifically). DSOD's are unacceptable with a SECOND GENERATION WM device from Palm, and extremely disappointing. Their customizations, however, are the best in the world. BY FAR. So it's give and take, per se, but the things we are "giving" we shouldn't have to. Especially since phones that were released BEFORE the 750v do not have these issues.

    I think the alarm wakeup bug IS a bug with AKU 2.3. The day I installed that AKU on my 8525 I got the same problem. Now that I have 3.3 on it I get my alarm in the AM without a problem. The AKU 2.6 ROM also woke up in the morning. But BOTH phopnes w/AKU 2.3 will not wake up for alarms in the morning. Maybe a coincidence but probably not.
  7. #27  
    I like mine because its clamshell, protecting the screen. Closed without a case (which is the way I use it) its smaller than my PDA in a case used to be, so I'm relatively happy It is not ideal for the beach however From experience sand in the keyboard is pretty bad

    Surur
  8. #28  
    more fodder just posted on engadget: http://www.engadgetmobile.com/2007/0...-mobile-in-q2/
  9. #29  
    I'd be glad to upgrade to WM6. If anythiing, the bugs will be for new options - options that I'm not accustomed to having work anyway. As long as the bugs are fixed for what's wrong NOW, I can live with other bugs...
    Last edited by Sal Collaziano; 02/08/2007 at 11:22 PM.
    Sal Collaziano
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 "dumb" phone > iPhone > Pre?
    cadillac | oldsmobile | buick | pontiac | lincoln | Madison Ross Media Group
  10. #30  
    "Email in Rich HTML Format." It's about goddam time! No support for HTML email was the biggest shocker to me when I initially got an 8525.

    Whatever. We'll never see this on the Treo 750. Maybe on the Treo 760 or 800 or whever they'll call it. I'll buy that one because it'll hopefully have up to date hardware features for a change. (Or so I can dream.) Or at least up to date for Today, but in the future (when it'll be outdated hardwre.) LOL
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
  11. #31  
    My biggest annoyance is that we have to guess about this and everything else. I have no doubt someone at palm knows the answer to this. Why can't they just say, "no freaks--you ain't getting it so get over it." or "hold your horses you whiney geeks, it's on its way already!" is this really what we have to do is just guess? i mean, what about an unbranded 750 in the US? let's just keep guessing about everything because palm refuses to say. to be (somewhat) fair, many companies leave you guessing, it's just lately palm is the one i choose to pick on.
  12. #32  
    You should not feel being hold by Palm. The answer is NO. Palm never release any major update for any devices in the last five years. DELL is the only company you may expect a upgrade (but not this time.).
    Treo 750 unbranded T-mobile, HTC WIZARD 8125 T-MOBILE (broken), Treo 650 T-mobile 1.43/1.14 OS 5.4.8 Garnet (sold).
    Dell X50v, X30 624Mhz and HP ipaq h2210 h1945.

    Treo 750 hacks thread.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions