Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    Does anyone have a step by step setup for the 700 on Vista. I just purchased a sony tx vista busness and neither sony or compusa could assist me with the setup. Microsoft would not help because they said it was an OEM version of Vista . I returned the computer, but would like to repurchase another if I can find help with the setup. Thanks in advance for your help.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    I don't have a step by step guide however I do know what I had to do in order to get it setup on my Vista system.

First thing to do would be hook up the 700 to your PC, let it find the device, then open up Microsoft Update. There should be a new update for your system (don't remember what it was called but it is basically the install files to enable your phone from what I remember).

Once that is done Vista should now see your phone and Mobile Sync should start up and prompt you to configure your device.
    I downloaded the Windows Mobile Device Center after running Windows Update. I then plugged in my 700wx and it recognized it without an issue.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    Any luck getting Windows Calendar, Contacts, and Tasks to sync? I know that the beta of WMDC required that you sync this info with Outlook.
    I sync the calendar, contacts and tasks OTA on Exchange, so those options are greyed out in WMDC. I can say the file sync option works fine and I can browse my Treo's filesystem as well.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    I downloaded the update, connected my 700wx and everything synced up just fine, no problems at all. Contacts, Tasks, Notes, etc. I was even able to browse my 700wx from Vista.

Surprising very easy.
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    Thank you all for your help. I did not know there was a download available. When I connected ot to the usb it identified it as a Treo but then would only set it up as a mp3 player. I have reordered the sony. Thank you all again.