Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Is it possible to get our email into our treo if the email is stored on an IBM Lotus Notes server? The only two account type options I see are pop3 and IMAP4.

Thanks.
    http://www.seven.com/beta
    or
    Wireless Sync - VZW
    Business Connect - Sprint
    Global Posts
    112 Global Posts
    My work is a LotusNotes user and the "IT people" are telling me its BlackBerry or the highway!

I'm aware that both Good & Seven will also work with Lotus Notes but it then depends on how "flexible" your IT department is. Mine has made the decision to go BlackBerry, and unless the device has BBC supported by Telstra (largest phone supplier in Australia) then it can only be a BlackBerry.

Let us know how you go with your IT department.
    Palm IIIx > m505 > Tungsten T > T5 > Red BlackBerry Pearl 8110 (only device work IT will allow!)
    If you use Sprint's Business Connect Personal Edition you can use your work desktop computer as the conduit for receiving your e-mail, calendar and other information on your Treo. I was one of the original beta testers for Seven's software about 4 years ago and it is pretty reliable. They have an incredible product and their support is great. You just have to remember to leave your desktop computer on. As a backup, you can also use multiple computers (i.e., your secretary and your desktop) in case one of them shuts down. After you install the software, just use your L-Notes password as the Domino [server] password.
    I use.. Wireless Sync on verizon.

Sometimes it can be a pain in the ***. ESP. if you have a 700w b/c of the memory use, but if you need email and love the treo 700 like I do.. than its worth it.

-- Sal
  6.    #6  
    I really need a way to connect to the Lotus Notes server to get my e-mail while I am away from the office. Is this possible?

Thanks.
    Yes, heimlich. Did you read any of our suggestions in this thread?
    Last edited by Beryl; 02/08/2007 at 07:19 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by harps View Post
    My work is a LotusNotes user and the "IT people" are telling me its BlackBerry or the highway!

I'm aware that both Good & Seven will also work with Lotus Notes but it then depends on how "flexible" your IT department is. Mine has made the decision to go BlackBerry, and unless the device has BBC supported by Telstra (largest phone supplier in Australia) then it can only be a BlackBerry.

Let us know how you go with your IT department.
    My IT has the same position regarding BB. I'm hoping they will support BB Connect when/if it finally comes out.

Although Good needs IT department involvement, SEVEN, Wireless Sync, and Sprint Business Connect does not. It is a "don't ask/don't tell" situation with IT. I've been using SEVEN (beta) on VZW for a couple of years now. It is pretty stable and better, IMO, than VZW Wireless Sync. As mentioned earlier, all you need is a workstation always on to act as a redirector. I use an old XP laptop connected to my router at home for this purpose. Firewalls and antivirus SW stays current so my data is relatively safe.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Beryl View Post
    Yes, heimlich. Did you read any of our suggestions in this thread?
    Yes, I read your solutions. I was kind of looking for a no-pay solution. It looks like seven is beta and will eventually charge.
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by heimlich View Post
    Yes, I read your solutions. I was kind of looking for a no-pay solution. It looks like seven is beta and will eventually charge.

I hate to tell you this but unless you use the Wireless Sync or the Sprint version, you are going to have to pay. The other problem is that if you use a program you better make sure that it dosn't duplicate your contacts and calendar. The last time I worked for a company that used Lotus Notes we had so many problems. Trust me. I feel your pain. The best best is to install the wieless sync software on your work computer and leave it on and you can pull your email from Lotus Notes that way while you are away from your office.
    Quote Originally Posted by heimlich View Post
    You are not correct. Every solution I offered was no-pay. Seven is not really beta as it has been around for many years. It is the engine behind Sprint Business Connect and other offerings. The beta code is tested by those of us in the program and then rolled out to the carriers. The beta code rarely has any bugs so I'm very pleased with it.

I agree with dimitri in that you may have a lot of problems with Wireless Sync. They've escalated my many concerns to the point that I have a direct line to Intellisync. I've given up on it since I can't afford to have Wireless Sync duplicate and corrupt calendar entries which will effect other Notes users. This is why I'm sticking with SEVEN until Blackberry Connect comes out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beryl View Post
    http://www.seven.com/beta
    or
    Wireless Sync - VZW
    Business Connect - Sprint
    Looks like seven is no longer letting people sign up with the link you provided. On the registration page you are supposed to provide your own validation code. Whatever you type in it gives you an error.
    Sorry to read that. When I signed up, after a few days I received a validation code to use. I'm glad I signed up when I did!
  14.    #14  
    I just tried signing up. Let's see if they send me a validation code.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    So if I read this thread correctly, VZW is only for Verizon and Business Connect is only for Sprint. I have a T-Mobile GSM phone. My work uses Notes and they have open server (not behind VPN). I connect from my PC at home with no extra setups or connections. Is it possible to get Lotus Notes onto my Treo with this setup? I don't necessarily mind spending some money, but I want to make sure it works.
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kc5hwb View Post
    So if I read this thread correctly, VZW is only for Verizon and Business Connect is only for Sprint. I have a T-Mobile GSM phone. My work uses Notes and they have open server (not behind VPN). I connect from my PC at home with no extra setups or connections. Is it possible to get Lotus Notes onto my Treo with this setup? I don't necessarily mind spending some money, but I want to make sure it works.
    If all you want are emails then have your IT department setup an imap account for your phone and run that way. Otherwise I think you might be up the river without a paddle.
    Palm Treo 700w > VZW Treo 700wx
    ke5hwb, The SEVEN beta works with t-mobile.

Otherwise, you can have your mail forwarded using a Notes filter to a POP3 or IMAP account and access your mail that way. You won't get your calendar information however.
    I've been using mNotes for about 6 months. Its not free but it is well-supported, user-friendly, and reliable.

My company also allows direct connection to Domino server over the internet so I just installed mNotes on my home machine (which has the Notes client) and I leave my home machine running and my Treo syncs every 30 minutes during peak hours. It works perfectly.

https://web.commontime.com/Products/...2/Default.aspx
    I tried mNotes and gave up on it because it modifies the data by adding a commontime category to everything it syncs.

The problem with apps that modify data on the Notes server is that it can cause corruption and problems with scheduled meetings with multiple parties. For example, when an appointment changes, it often wants tries to change that appointment on all of the calendars of the invitees.

This is why I dumped VZW Wireless Sync and I have a VZW Treo 700wx!
    So when you used mNotes did it cause problems with your scheduled meetings for multiple parties? Or, where you just concerend that it may corrupt data down the road?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast