Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    As a semi-reluctant user of WM5 after a switch from POS, I cannot be happier about Spb Mobile Shell. It is not unreasonable to call this the best and most important app for WM5 in a long time.
    MS won't be on my purchase list until Spb has better integration with my 3rd party apps like Agenda One, Resco File Explorer, PocketPlayer, etc. The Now screen and Today plugins seem nice but without the integration a whole piece of the application (Spb Menu) just doesn't work when you use apps other than the default WM ones.

I am a registered owner of PocketPlus so I downloaded the updated version. I am currently using iLauncher because I find it to be a better Today Launcher and task manager than PP.

I'll have to see how iLauncher behaves within a MS tab.
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
    Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JGold View Post
    MS won't be on my purchase list until Spb has better integration with my 3rd party apps like Agenda One, Resco File Explorer, PocketPlayer, etc. The Now screen and Today plugins seem nice but without the integration a whole piece of the application (Spb Menu) just doesn't work when you use apps other than the default WM ones.

I am a registered owner of PocketPlus so I downloaded the updated version. I am currently using iLauncher because I find it to be a better Today Launcher and task manager than PP.

I'll have to see how iLauncher behaves within a MS tab.
    I agree. For now I'll just go through "programs." The first page auto-customizes according to recently used programs. And also, the button for "calendar" goes to Agenda One if it is your default PIM.
    If MS does open Agenda One if it is the default PIM. then I wonder what the problem is with the more popular PI.
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
    Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JGold View Post
    If MS does open Agenda One if it is the default PIM. then I wonder what the problem is with the more popular PI.
    It does it on the calendar button on the main page; can't speak for PI.
    What calendar button on the main page? You mean calendar in the organizer section? It doesn't open Agenda One for me. I can only open it with the Agenda One icon in Programs.

Quote Originally Posted by zeze22 View Post
    It does it on the calendar button on the main page; can't speak for PI.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    mobile shell doesn't remind me of palm os one bit. spb menu is a program launcher, but other that, the now screen and today plugin are both things that don't exist on palmos
    Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetluva View Post
    mobile shell doesn't remind me of palm os one bit. spb menu is a program launcher, but other that, the now screen and today plugin are both things that don't exist on palmos
    i was simply talking about the simplicity and interface; not getting technical.
    Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis View Post
    What calendar button on the main page? You mean calendar in the organizer section? It doesn't open Agenda One for me. I can only open it with the Agenda One icon in Programs.
    When you hit "start" it takes you to that first menu, which I guess is the Start Menu. There, when I hit Calendar as well as Contacts, I am directed to Agenda One, my default PIM.

When I hit Inbox, I am directed to Flexmail, my default email client. I also get Flexmail on the email soft button on the Today screen (bottome left).

I made sure the defaults were set, and then soft-reset my device.

As for the organizer page, I still get the WM5 calendar there.
    OK, under Start I get Agenda One also. But I have no idea how this is being populated. I don't see any link for Contacts, I do have a link for Word Mobile which I never use. I'm not sure what it's putting in start, but it's not the apps I assigned to my Start menu.

When you hit "start" it takes you to that first menu, which I guess is the Start Menu. There, when I hit Calendar as well as Contacts, I am directed to Agenda One, my default PIM.

When I hit Inbox, I am directed to Flexmail, my default email client. I also get Flexmail on the email soft button on the Today screen (bottome left).

I made sure the defaults were set, and then soft-reset my device.

As for the organizer page, I still get the WM5 calendar there.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    i was simply talking about the simplicity and interface; not getting technical.
    I don't think the new mobile shell is simpler to get to programs. I have no idea how SPB is populating the different screens and we can't customize it. But the launcher is more similar to the Palm OS than traditional Start Menu on WM.
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    i just got it this weekend and i like it so far. Very simple, clean and effecient (for my needs). Pretty good little program.....but then again, i get tired of programs and uninstall them in a few days when i find a new one! :-)~
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    Do any of you know if it's possible to make the Treo 750 running SPB Shell default to the Now screen instead of the Today screen? I found a check box in SPB settings> Now Screen that says "Show the Now screen when device wakes up." I have this checked but when I wake up the 750 it flashes the Now screen for an instant and then switches to the Today screen.

Any help appreciated.
    Quote Originally Posted by 180to650 View Post
    Do any of you know if it's possible to make the Treo 750 running SPB Shell default to the Now screen instead of the Today screen? I found a check box in SPB settings> Now Screen that says "Show the Now screen when device wakes up." I have this checked but when I wake up the 750 it flashes the Now screen for an instant and then switches to the Today screen.

Any help appreciated.
    Same thing happens on my KJAM.
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    I just spent some time in the SPB forums and apparently this issue of the Now screen disappearing to the Today screen is a big problem -especially with the 750 and on other devices when screen lock is involved.

In playing around more with my 750 I just realized that if I wake the screen with the Send button it flashes the Now screen for an instand then goes to Today. But if I wake the screen with the End/Pwr button it stays on the Now screen.

Then I noticed that I can only use the Option-> Send or Option->Start or Option ->OK functionality if I actually hold the Option button down while pushing the second button. For example, I have PIE mapped to Option->Send. If I push Option, then Send - I get the Today screen. If I hold the Option button and push Send button I get to PIE.

This is not "One-hand " operation - am I doing something wrong?
    Global Posts
    1,936 Global Posts
    The option + key combos you mention work like that with or without SPB shell.
    Palm VII-Palm Vx-Palm M125-Clie T615-Sony NZ90-Sony NX80-Toshiba E800-Sony NZ90 (again)-Treo 600-HP 6315-Treo 650-Moto MPX220-SX66-Treo 650 (again)-QTek 9100-HP6515-Cingular 8125-Moto Q (10 days)-Cingular 8125 (again)-Nokia 9300-Cingular 2125 & Nokia E62-ETen M600+-Cingular 3125-Treo 750 & Samsung Blackjack-Cingular 8525-iPhone-Moto Q9-at&t Tilt-iPhone3G-Nokia E71-HTC Diamond-Blackberry Bold-at&t Fuze-SE Xperia X1a-Treo Pro.

Be very, very quiet. I'm gonna catch me a rhinoceros.
    Global Posts
    1,936 Global Posts
    The only part of this progrm I like is the "now" screen. I find the rest of it too "simplified" but at the same time complicated. I know that sounds ridiculous but I guess I mean it LOOKS like a simple GUI but it actually envelopes the whole OS in a way I find too overwhelming.
    Palm VII-Palm Vx-Palm M125-Clie T615-Sony NZ90-Sony NX80-Toshiba E800-Sony NZ90 (again)-Treo 600-HP 6315-Treo 650-Moto MPX220-SX66-Treo 650 (again)-QTek 9100-HP6515-Cingular 8125-Moto Q (10 days)-Cingular 8125 (again)-Nokia 9300-Cingular 2125 & Nokia E62-ETen M600+-Cingular 3125-Treo 750 & Samsung Blackjack-Cingular 8525-iPhone-Moto Q9-at&t Tilt-iPhone3G-Nokia E71-HTC Diamond-Blackberry Bold-at&t Fuze-SE Xperia X1a-Treo Pro.

Be very, very quiet. I'm gonna catch me a rhinoceros.
    Quote Originally Posted by jlczl View Post
    The only part of this progrm I like is the "now" screen. I find the rest of it too "simplified" but at the same time complicated. I know that sounds ridiculous but I guess I mean it LOOKS like a simple GUI but it actually envelopes the whole OS in a way I find too overwhelming.
    That's the first time I have actually heard someone say that. I can see how that can be the case.

As for the "Now" screen, I have seen many ask Spb to have that sold as a separate app.
    Quote Originally Posted by 180to650 View Post
    I just spent some time in the SPB forums and apparently this issue of the Now screen disappearing to the Today screen is a big problem -especially with the 750 and on other devices when screen lock is involved.

In playing around more with my 750 I just realized that if I wake the screen with the Send button it flashes the Now screen for an instand then goes to Today. But if I wake the screen with the End/Pwr button it stays on the Now screen.

Then I noticed that I can only use the Option-> Send or Option->Start or Option ->OK functionality if I actually hold the Option button down while pushing the second button. For example, I have PIE mapped to Option->Send. If I push Option, then Send - I get the Today screen. If I hold the Option button and push Send button I get to PIE.

This is not "One-hand " operation - am I doing something wrong?
    It's not. Unlike in treo 650, you can click the option, then click another key, in treo 750 you need use both hands to click both keys at the same time. Maybe it is better than nothing. The option+OK can be accessed by click and hold the OK buttons.
    Treo 750 unbranded T-mobile, HTC WIZARD 8125 T-MOBILE (broken), Treo 650 T-mobile 1.43/1.14 OS 5.4.8 Garnet (sold).
    Dell X50v, X30 624Mhz and HP ipaq h2210 h1945.

Treo 750 hacks thread.