1.    #1  
    Today my phone is doing something very strange. It's only about 5 hours into the day and it only has 25% battery life left. Not only that but it's very warm as if it's connected to the internet or on a call. I've reset it twice and took the battery out once and it's still quickly draining the battery with no applications open.

I don't have a chat program open either.... what's going on here?
    Same thing has happened to me even with a brand new extended battery as I just posted. Nothing running. Shut bluetooth off. Still drains.
  3.    #3  
    I didn't have this problem until today. Totally weird.
    Global Posts
    653 Global Posts
    Do you sync with an exchange server? If the server is unavailable and the deviced keeps trying to sync with no results, it'll basically waste your battery by trying to connect.

It only happened to me once...
  5.    #5  
    No I only use POP accounts that I manually check. I found out that the broadband connection stayed active and lit until I just told it to disconnect. The phone has cooled down now. Weird...
    This happens to me occasionally on my W. Soft reset does not help. I believe it may be some kind of a network thing with the carrier returning a weird response to the phone and the phone freaking out under the covers.

Clears itself up in a day or so.
    I had this happen to a warranty replacement phone... I called tech support and they overnighted me a new phone the next day. They said that this should not be happening...
    Quote Originally Posted by robodude View Post
    No I only use POP accounts that I manually check. I found out that the broadband connection stayed active and lit until I just told it to disconnect. The phone has cooled down now. Weird...
    Is there a way to get this connection to drop automatically after you check your email? I found mind doing the same thing but couldnt find a "Disconnect after check" setting anywhere. I will see if this affects anything.
    If you are using Exchange push, you need to keep an active connection. Basically, Exchange creates a tunnel that it checks every 8 or 9 minutes and will send any new items down that tunnel as they arrive. If nothing new arrives, the tunnel lays dormant with no data transmitted either way except for the connection check by Exchange every 8 or 9 minutes.

Providing you have a good signal, push will take up significantly less battery power than a scheduled send/receive/disconnect.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
  10.    #10  
    Mine is working normal again. It's normal for the EV symbol with two arrows to stay dim. However, if they are lit all the time, you phone will catch a "fever" and drain the battery. Now I can last over a day or two if I don't open my chat program.