Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I bought the 2400mah battery in hopes of improving my terrible battery performance. Even with nothing running and no data use I was getting two days tops from my battery (see related bluetooth question). Yet this battery seems to be no better. I was expecting a massive difference and yet I'm not sure I see any at all. Anyone else purchase this batter and maybe I just got a dud.
    I noticed an improvement, but I am not really sure how to measure as each day is different
    I too purchased and use the Seidio extended battery.

It definitely lasts longer than the battery that came with the unit but I've never actually calculated how much longer.

I also have the desktop stand with the extra battery charger on board. This way, I always have a fresh battery charged and ready to go.

Good luck.
    Joe Fallico
    Commodity Futures Broker

Insignia Futures & Options, Inc.

InsigniaFutures.com

I can't tell a difference. Then again I've never let the Seidio run until empty.
    I noticed a difference too, the new battery drained quicker than the old one. Where do I find the network connection settings so I can turn it all off??
    My 2400 in a 650 gave about 25% longer service. . . .

Not sure of the menu path to disconnect from the network on a 700w/wx and I am sure the 700p path is usless for you. . . . . .System>Prefs>Network>Disconnect

Cheers, Perry.
    FWIW, my 3200 mah battery isn't lasting any longer than my 2400 mah. Both are better than the 1800 mah.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deltaflyer View Post
    FWIW, my 3200 mah battery isn't lasting any longer than my 2400 mah. Both are better than the 1800 mah.
    Hi DeltaFlyer!

How long have you had the 3200mAh and is it getting better with each charge cycle. . . . . ?

Cheers, Perry.

At the risk of starting another "battery conditioning" firestorm. . . . I will repeat the instructions that I recieved from MUGEN POWER with my 1st extended power (2200 mAh) battery:

1. Deep cycle (100% down to 10%) the battery 3 to 5 times to fully set the battery's chemistry for full power, then

2. Keep the battery topped off as often as possible for longevity purposes.

I have done this with all my extended life batteries -- and I have gotten very near the expected extended life on all of them after the conditioning period.

Just one man's experience. . . .
    Last edited by gtwo; 02/09/2007 at 08:09 AM.
    Guys,

One question: Have you "conditioned" the 3200? Seidio recommends at least 5 full-charge/full-discharge cycles to get the best life out of the battery. I did this by overclocking the W as high as it would go, and running an app that would stay running... While I do keep it plugged in while driving, I have never had it run down during the day like the stock battery did. I do try to let it run down over the weekend so it stays in "condition".

I'm pretty much pleased with the 3200, and keep my stock battery only for business trips where I can't charge for a long period of time.
    Quote Originally Posted by dcmidnight View Post
    I bought the 2400mah battery in hopes of improving my terrible battery performance. Even with nothing running and no data use I was getting two days tops from my battery (see related bluetooth question). Yet this battery seems to be no better. I was expecting a massive difference and yet I'm not sure I see any at all. Anyone else purchase this batter and maybe I just got a dud.
    wow, I only get about 6-8 hours out of my 2400 seidio battery. I guess that's cause i'm on it ALL THE TIME.

I do see a little difference in the larger batters. I have 2 seidio 2400 batteries.
    Has anyone tried the Smartphone Experts 2200mAh extended battery? I emailed support at the TreoCentral store and this was their reply:

"Hello

Both batteries are around 33% stronger, the Seidio being more like 35%, As far as operation they operate nearly the same and the main difference is the brand name."

Does anyone agree/disagree with this? I'm trying to decide which battery to buy.. The Smartphone Experts battery is $10 less...
    Does Seidio sell the 2200 mAh anymore, or did they stop selling that when they brought out the 2400 mAh? So are you comparing price between to different power level batteries?

What we would be funny is: if Seidio was the manufacturer of the SmartPhoneExperts 2200 mAh (had to find some outlet for that displaced product) and thus the answer "the batteries are not that much different except for brand name."
    Quote Originally Posted by dcmidnight View Post
    If your battery is new, we do recommend charging it at least 8 hours on its first charge. You will also see much better results after it is charged 5-6 times. If you don't, then you may need a replacement.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden View Post
    Does Seidio sell the 2200 mAh anymore, or did they stop selling that when they brought out the 2400 mAh? So are you comparing price between to different power level batteries?

What we would be funny is: if Seidio was the manufacturer of the SmartPhoneExperts 2200 mAh (had to find some outlet for that displaced product) and thus the answer "the batteries are not that much different except for brand name."
    While I can't speak for what's inside a competitors battery, I can assure you that we don't manufacture it. We always maximize the capacity of a battery with the best quality cells we can buy. This does cost a little more, but in the end is much better for the consumer.
    In day to day life my 2400 battery varies greatly depending on my use. Some days it seems to drain quickly while others it seems to last forever. Unless you're gaging your minute to minute use it's going to be difficult to know exactly how long it's lasting.

There are two measurable ways to compare batteries:

The first is their power rating. Batteries are rated in milliampere-hours (mAh). This is a measure of how much electrical current a battery can put out--and for how long.

Treo 700/650
    OEM Battery - 1800mAh
    Seidio Battery - 2400mAh
    33% increase in the same size battery

The second would be running multiple batteries through the exact same situation and measuring the time they last.

Here's a real world test of our 3200mAh PPC6700 battery (taken from the PDAPhoneHome forum):

Here are the results of some tests I did. The batteries involved were:
    Seidio 3200mAh extended battery
    Seidio 2400mAh extended battery
    Lion Battery (Mugen) 2800mAh extended battery
    'eBay' no brand 2400mAh extended battery (My testing indicates this to be 1800mAh, not 2400mAh)

Streaming live audio in Media Player over EVDO signal, backlight on full.
    Seidio 3200mAh Extended Battery: 8 hours
    Lion 2800mAh Extended Battery: 7 hours
    Seidio 2400mAh Extended Battery: 6 hours
    eBay 2400mAh (Really 1800mAh) Extended Battery: 3 hours, 30 minutes

Based on these figures the PPC6700 uses about 400mAh per hour while streaming audio with full backlight. I haven't seen anyone do this real world test on a Treo, but you should see the same kinds of differences.

Thanks
    Thanks Seidio.

My estimates in this post do not seem too far off then . . . .http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=135759

I measured a 25% increase in use with my 2400 over the stock 1800 in my prior 650 . . . . . . . . .

So, do you want 1 hour of extra use or 3 hours?

In overly simplistic terms with much rounding, is this what we are looking at for the 3 different battery power levels:

1800mAh = 4 to 5 hours of voice, data and streaming?

2400mAh = 5 to 7 hours of voice, data, and streaming?

3200mAh = 7 to 9 hours of voice, data, and streaming? (w/ increased form factor)

Cheers, Perry.

BTW -- I created a 3mm thick extension on the back of my 700P with business cards and carried that around for a day to see how the increased form factor would "feel". I do not use a cradle and I carry my Treo in a horizontal belt clip pouch -- so "fit" is only a concern for me in regards to use in my hand and my test found the extra thickness to be no bother for me. Esthetics are another matter -- but I value useability over style. Given all that -- I will be getting the 3200mAh for my 700P.
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden View Post
    Hi DeltaFlyer!

How long have you had the 3200mAh and is it getting better with each charge cycle. . . . . ?

Cheers, Perry.
    I've had my battery for 2 weeks. I charged it in my cradle overnight before using it. When at work, I wear a BT HS all day and my desk phone is forwarded to my cell. I don't make any out going calls on my cell unless I'm away from my desk. This being said, I receive anywhere from 50-75 calls per day plus email. This is a lot of use, but was handled elegantly by the 2400 battery until it showed signs of weakening. I always had to charge the 2400 every night. The 3200 battery has to be recharged every night too. At approx. 8 pm, my Phonealarm battery warning will start beeping at 10%. Therefore, this battery has been deep cycled everyday except weekends since I've had it. Weekends are the only time I see an increase in capacity. This is because I don't use my BT HS. I haven't noticed a distinct increase in capacity as the battery ages.

I do like the "bump" on the back of the phone as it gives my big hands something to hold on to when typing. I wish the cover had contoured edges around the battery instead of square.
    Global Posts
    380 Global Posts
    my seidio 2400 mah batt isnt performing like it was when new. taking longer to fully charge and seems to be discharging at a faster rate also
    I bought one of these about 2-3 months ago and Im very disappointed with the performance, or lack thereof. Lately, I've been noticing that while in the sync cradle, which has the charger hooked up, it will show 99% for a couple of hours and never go to 100%. Also, the last couple of days, it would show 99%, I would remove it to go to a meeting and it would instantly go to 92% or so. When Im on a call, say for about 20 mins., it will drain 25% of the power. Thats with a full, 3-4 bars, signal and nothing else running. So, I started putting the oem battery back in from time to time and find that during calls, it will outlast the 2400 but if working hard to get a signal, it will drain just as fast. I have to say, I was not impressed with the performance from the beginning and it just seems to be getting worse. I was holding out thinking that maybe after a few charge cycles it would come around but not so much. Did I get a bad battery? Are these junkers with a fancy wrapper? Im using a W so not only do I have to keep an eye on my memory usage, now I have to eyeball the battery! Im currently looking for a WX to deal with the memory issue but the battery frustrates the bajeezus out of me. If anyone can help, I would appreciate it. Thanks. JC
    I have the same problem.. Sometimes it will go 100%. But after a 25 minute call it will drain like 20% (79%) but then after some minutes it will go back to 85-86. I dont know if everyone has this issue.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast