Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by osva View Post
    I have the same problem.. Sometimes it will go 100%. But after a 25 minute call it will drain like 20% (79%) but then after some minutes it will go back to 85-86. I dont know if everyone has this issue.

I'm having similar issues. A soon as I take it off the charger, the charge drops down to 92% or so. I don't talk a lot (~200 mins a month), but the 2400 battery has to be charged each night. Definitely not what I was expecting. And yes, I did do the proper cycling at the beginning.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dcmidnight View Post
    I bought the 2400mah battery in hopes of improving my terrible battery performance. Even with nothing running and no data use I was getting two days tops from my battery (see related bluetooth question). Yet this battery seems to be no better. I was expecting a massive difference and yet I'm not sure I see any at all. Anyone else purchase this batter and maybe I just got a dud.
    Why is it so important that your treo battery last two days without running programs and using data?

It's same thing as let's see how long you can survive without eating and drinking while doing nothing? What productivity is there for doing such a thing? this phone is designed to be used and abused...

2400mah battery can last me a day with over 250 emails and web browsing and constant application usage. I leave my house around 6 and usually come back home around 8-9 sometimes after 10 and the battery is still at 10-20 percent range.. Isn't that ENOUGH??
    I bought a Seidio extended battery as soon as I got my wx, so I really didn't have anything to compare the battery life to. I decided to plop in my Palm OEM battery and... guess what? It lasts longer. Much longer. And unfortunately I'm over the 6mo warranty on the Seidio. So that's the last time I purchase from them...
    Part of it extends from the fact that we were lead to believe the 2400 would yield better performance, and it did not. I can see no difference, maybe measurable with the correct equipment, in the 2400 vs the oem. And, having spent $40 (I think) plus shipping, Im not happy with the purchase. I used to be able to get 2-3 days out of the oem battery but I fugured all the charging cycles and use wore it down. So, buying a new battery, one would think it would perform the same or better, being a higher mah rating. And why should I be happy having to charge my phone every night when it sits on a charging cradle 4-5 hours during the day?? Basically, go ahead and be happy with your battery, Im not.
    Part of it extends from the fact that we were lead to believe the 2400 would yield better performance, and it did not. I can see no difference, maybe measurable with the correct equipment, in the 2400 vs the oem. And, having spent $40 (I think) plus shipping, Im not happy with the purchase. I used to be able to get 2-3 days out of the oem battery but I fugured all the charging cycles and use wore it down. So, buying a new battery, one would think it would perform the same or better, being a higher mah rating. And why should I be happy having to charge my phone every night when it sits on a charging cradle 4-5 hours during the day?? Basically, go ahead and be happy with your battery, Im not.
    Quote Originally Posted by bryanlee View Post
    Why is it so important that your treo battery last two days without running programs and using data?

It's same thing as let's see how long you can survive without eating and drinking while doing nothing? What productivity is there for doing such a thing? this phone is designed to be used and abused...

2400mah battery can last me a day with over 250 emails and web browsing and constant application usage. I leave my house around 6 and usually come back home around 8-9 sometimes after 10 and the battery is still at 10-20 percent range.. Isn't that ENOUGH??
    250 emails.. you are busy. And in top of that you have time to share it with us.
    Is not enough that the stock battery is a lot better than the 2400. No its not enough. What would happen if you have an accident and the 2400 is dead?? Thats why I bought it, to last longer. And it don't!
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by osva View Post
    I have the same problem.. Sometimes it will go 100%. But after a 25 minute call it will drain like 20% (79%) but then after some minutes it will go back to 85-86. I dont know if everyone has this issue.
    i'm experiencing something similar to what you just described. when it was new, it was awesome! i bought mine around january and since then, it seems to wear out with age. nowadays, just unplugging the charger makes the power meter instantly drop 5 - 8%. the special aftermarket cover is wearing out, the "paint" doesn't chip off, it just wears out and you see the grey plastic underneath. the fit and finish is 95% perfect. i do like the reset hole thats built in for convenience.

still, it was well worth the investment to have such a peace of mind! when i use the phone to listen to music, i used to have to worry about charging it halfway thru the day... now, i still have 20% power at the end of the day. not having to worry all day about battery consumption is well worth the extra expense. if you're a power user, then you'll definitely want to consider getting one of these super extended seido batteries.

fyi, i used to carry extra treo batteries, but i dont bother anymore. i just leave the extra battery in my car.

one more thing, i have access to additional o.e.m. treo batteries (1800mah), but i made the tough decision to invest in the seido battery... and i don't regret it one bit.
    I have the 3200 battery and I've been pretty pleased with it. I do notice that when I take it off the charger and get on the net for a couple of minutes the battery does go down to about 92% or so. I'm not sure why that is.

When I had push email setup with Windows Live, I would get 10-20 emails per day and use my phone for about an hour and I would have about 30% left.

Right now it showed that I had 54% left, I did a soft reset and now it show's 63%.

I'm still pleased overall when compared to the OEM battery.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12