1.    #1  
    Hi,

My company just switched over to an Exchange Server (finally!), and most of the employees have been given Blackberrys. We have outsourced the hosting of the Exchange server, so Exchange Activesyncing is out of the question as it is not included in our contract.

I have spoken to our IT person, and he says my two options are Goodlink or Blackberry Enterprise Server syncing. I have always synced to an Exchange Server (via 1and1.com), but now need to move to one of these options. I do not know THAT much about each option, but these are the things that would make me more inclined to choose one over the other, and I would appreciate any help regarding the answers to the following questions:

1. Will either option keep the folders that I have on the Exchange Server to organize my mail in sync? For example, if I use Outlook on my machine to move an email from the inbox to another folder called "Contracts", will this change propogate on my Treo 750v?
    2. Does either option allow syncing of the Sent mail folder?
    3. Is there a consensus on which is better and why?
    4. Goodlink seems to offer the complete syncing of contacts, notes, tasks, etc. Blackberry seems to only offer syncing of the Calendar and email. Is this accurate?
    EDIT:
    5. Can I use the Media Max plan (unlimited data) with Goodlink? I know that I would need to upgrade to a Blackberry Connect plan if I were to use the BES option.

Any information would be appreciated.

TIA

Moppet52
    I have been using the Blackberry Connect client for a while now. My company runs Lotus Notes :-(, so I have very limited options. We also don't support Good. With not having direct experience with Good, my observations are that it's a resource hog on most devices. I have seen/and read a lot of complaints on using Good. I also noticed that the Good software does not integrate well with the "Palm" features that are baked into the Today screen (contact lookups, etc.). The BBC client is pretty light and works very well. If you have access to both, I would give each a spin.
    Brian McGuire
    .../600/650/8700c/700w/Moto Q/700p/Nokia E62/700wx/8525/750c/BB Pearl/Blackjack/BB 8800/BB Curve & HTC Vox S710 >>iPhone
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by brmcguire View Post
    I have been using the Blackberry Connect client for a while now. My company runs Lotus Notes :-(, so I have very limited options. We also don't support Good. With not having direct experience with Good, my observations are that it's a resource hog on devices. I have seen/and read a lot of complaints on using Good. I also noticed that the Good software does not integrate well with "Palm" features that are baked into the Today screen (i.e. contact lookups, etc.). The BBC client is pretty light and works very well. If you have access to both, I would give each a spin.
    Quick question regarding BBC. Does it use the built-in PIM functions? I did try the Good Messaging app, and it stores all the email, appt, tasks, etc. in a 3rd party one... not nearly my ideal.

Thanks for weighing in regarding the resources.

Moppet52
    Quote Originally Posted by moppet52 View Post
    Quick question regarding BBC. Does it use the built-in PIM functions? I did try the Good Messaging app, and it stores all the email, appt, tasks, etc. in a 3rd party one... not nearly my ideal.

Thanks for weighing in regarding the resources.

Moppet52
    It does. That's probably why I really like it. That's correct, Good uses it's own stuff.
    Brian McGuire
    .../600/650/8700c/700w/Moto Q/700p/Nokia E62/700wx/8525/750c/BB Pearl/Blackjack/BB 8800/BB Curve & HTC Vox S710 >>iPhone
  5.    #5  
    It does. That's probably why I really like it. That's correct, Good uses it's own stuff.
    Last question, could you point me to a resource that would give me a step by step on how to set up the BBConnect software? I have the desktop client installed and the Treo 750v software installed. When I run the desktop client and point it to my Exchange profile, the application hangs. I have the Treo 750v connected via the default Sync cable, but I do not have any documentation regarding how to install this and get it to work. My IT admin has already turned on the BES feature, but that is all he was able to tell me.

TIA

Moppet52
    Quote Originally Posted by moppet52 View Post
    Last question, could you point me to a resource that would give me a step by step on how to set up the BBConnect software? I have the desktop client installed and the Treo 750v software installed. When I run the desktop client and point it to my Exchange profile, the application hangs. I have the Treo 750v connected via the default Sync cable, but I do not have any documentation regarding how to install this and get it to work. My IT admin has already turned on the BES feature, but that is all he was able to tell me.

TIA

Moppet52
    Make sure you have the Blackberry Connect plan setup on your account as well. I have had issues with provisioning my Treo over a remote connection/VPN. It hangs for me as well. I typically have to do this while in the office on the company lan. Here are a few guides for BBC Setup.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by brmcguire; 02/07/2007 at 02:54 PM.
    Brian McGuire
    I have a users guide as well, but the site won't let me upload because of file size (620 KB). PM me your email address and I can send.
    Brian McGuire
  8.    #8  
    I have a users guide as well, but the site won't let me upload because of file size (620 KB). PM me your email address and I can send.
    Thank you for the information. I was able to get the desktop client to recognize my treo 750v and it created a pin number and sent the provisioning data to my device. However, I am unable to start the service on my 750. It keeps on saying 'Radio in Use'. I saw the old post regarding this and switched my connection to GSM only, but that has not helped yet. I forgot that I have not activated a BBConnect plan for my phone... duh! Hopefully that might help.

I appreciate your help.

Moppet52