Results 1 to 20 of 20
  1.    #1  
    Since I didn't get a answer out of the other topic and it got locked by a mod due to a few users here posting useless posts, I need to get some help on this.

    Seems after two-three weeks now after having my Treo 750 with Cingular its starting to lock up. I had to do a reset on it. The keypad didn't respond, and it didn't have a connection with the towers. I only have the marsware weather installed. It is setup to check with exchange as well. Any ideas?

    I also had to reset it each day (soft reset now since I did the hard reset because it won't respond to the unlock button on the keypad.

    I need to know if I should hold out for a update or should I just go back and get a new replacement blackjack or 8525. I am within my 30 days of being with Cingular. Thanks.
  2. sooby77's Avatar
    Posts
    256 Posts
    Global Posts
    331 Global Posts
    #2  
    Have you tried a hard reset? To do that, remove the battery, then as you hold down the end call button, put the battery back it. You'll get a prompt.

    Use the phone AS-IS with no third-party software installed for a few days and see if it work. Also try your new Cingular sim on other phones and see if your account is indeed set up on Cingular's side correctly. They forgot to add voicemail on my account.

    FYI, I have no lockup issues, only Activesync problems of it not wanting to sync. Turns out it's a problem with my firewall.
  3.    #3  
    I did a hard reset with nothing installed except the radio tower disconnect hack. The keypad unlock did not respond this morning so I had to reset the phone again.

    Thanks.
  4. sooby77's Avatar
    Posts
    256 Posts
    Global Posts
    331 Global Posts
    #4  
    That is bizarre. When you say reset, do you mean soft or hard reset?
  5.    #5  
    Soft reset for the 2nd reset.
  6. sooby77's Avatar
    Posts
    256 Posts
    Global Posts
    331 Global Posts
    #6  
    I would just return it. I think you got a lemon. Walk into a Cingular store and see if they can help you troubleshoot your freshly hard-reset Treo. That might be worth trying.
  7. ksoliz's Avatar
    Posts
    49 Posts
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    #7  
    Definitely swap it for a new one. I've had the 750 from Cingular for around the same time as you and have only had it lock up once. I'm almost sure it had to do with some 3rd party apps I had installed.
  8. mbamenra's Avatar
    Posts
    91 Posts
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    #8  
    See, when you provide a more clear explanation of what your problem is, you get responses.
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by pimpin-tl View Post
    Since I didn't get a answer out of the other topic and it got locked by a mod due to a few users here posting useless posts, I need to get some help on this.

    Seems after two-three weeks now after having my Treo 750 with Cingular its starting to lock up. I had to do a reset on it. The keypad didn't respond, and it didn't have a connection with the towers. I only have the marsware weather installed. It is setup to check with exchange as well. Any ideas?

    I also had to reset it each day (soft reset now since I did the hard reset because it won't respond to the unlock button on the keypad.

    I need to know if I should hold out for a update or should I just go back and get a new replacement blackjack or 8525. I am within my 30 days of being with Cingular. Thanks.
    Weatherpanel causes similar issues for me, and I set it up to update "manually"

    Also, was this happening in the morning? That's when I would get the DSOD as well.

    I put aku 3.3 on my 8525 last night and got every alarm this morning. Palm needs an aku update BAD
  10. sooby77's Avatar
    Posts
    256 Posts
    Global Posts
    331 Global Posts
    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlepat View Post
    Weatherpanel causes similar issues for me, and I set it up to update "manually"

    Also, was this happening in the morning? That's when I would get the DSOD as well.

    I put aku 3.3 on my 8525 last night and got every alarm this morning. Palm needs an aku update BAD
    I have marsware weatherpanel on my 750 and it works fine with autoupdate. I do have to get a 240x240 theme for it to fit properly.
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by sooby77 View Post
    I have marsware weatherpanel on my 750 and it works fine with autoupdate. I do have to get a 240x240 theme for it to fit properly.
    A lot of people say the same, but I noticed a big slowdown when I set it to auto-update and ended up disabling it. I have re-enabled it on the other phone to see if it affects performance, but I definitely wasn't happy with it on my 750
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by mbamenra View Post
    See, when you provide a more clear explanation of what your problem is, you get responses.
    I just copy and pasted it.

    Same info you refused to help. And again a useless post from you again.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlepat View Post
    Weatherpanel causes similar issues for me, and I set it up to update "manually"

    Also, was this happening in the morning? That's when I would get the DSOD as well.

    I put aku 3.3 on my 8525 last night and got every alarm this morning. Palm needs an aku update BAD

    Actually it has been happening in the morning. I find it locked.
  14. mbamenra's Avatar
    Posts
    91 Posts
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    #14  
    Originally Posted by pimpin-tl
    I just copy and pasted it.

    Same info you refused to help. And again a useless post from you again.
    Notice, you changed the title to "Treo 750 Lockup Problems" instead of "Treo 750", which was the "useless" you should be referring to. And when you've got longstanding and well-respected users on the site calling you out like they did on your previous thread, might help to have a little a humility and be introspective.

    Now either uninstall your weather software and see if that'll do it or return your Treo for another.
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by mbamenra View Post
    Notice, you changed the title to "Treo 750 Lockup Problems" instead of "Treo 750", which was the "useless" you should be referring to. And when you've got longstanding and well-respected users on the site calling you out like they did on your previous thread, might help to have a little a humility and be introspective.

    Now either uninstall your weather software and see if that'll do it or return your Treo for another.

    So what! Take your complaints somewhere else.

    Why don't you READ THE POSTS in here then you will see what I have done so far.
  16.    #16  
    I am done with the Treo 750. Too many bugs, too many problems for a phone. The thing disconnected me from 3 calls today and I have only made 3 calls! I wasn't even moving just sitting at my desk with full bars. My boss next office over has the 8525 with no problems except a BT issue that got resolved with a different headset!

    I might have to go down to it or the blackjack.
  17. #17  
    I'd swap it out first and see what happens before totally giving up on it. My 750 doesn't exhibit any of those behaviors you've described... btw, what is the radio tower disconnect hack anyway?
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

    "95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo View Post
    I'd swap it out first and see what happens before totally giving up on it. My 750 doesn't exhibit any of those behaviors you've described... btw, what is the radio tower disconnect hack anyway?
    Seach under posts from me and you will find it. I posted a link to it which I do not have available right now. But it makes the battery life increase dramatically.
  19. #19  
    will check it out. Possible that it might be causing the problem? Are you in a fringe UMTS area where it might be switching from umts to edge frequently?
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

    "95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  20.    #20  
    Never seen the phone yet switch off UMTS. I live in San Antonio, Texas which is a large city with good coverage.

Posting Permissions