Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Sorry for the dramatic title. I need responses on this cause its a big decision.

I have done the SMS patch. I know the it focused on sending to other carriers but I think there is still an issue. I occasionally miss SMS from Sprint and other carriers and others occasionally do not get the SMS I send.

I gave a friend of mine a hard time for not texting me back only to see first hand the SMS in their sent folder,,,, so they sent again,,,,, still no SMS. I can only guess 1 out of 20 sent or received gets lost, 80% of my communication is threw SMS.

I am half ready to ask Sprint to waive the end-contract fee and buy a Cingular 750v.

Is anyone else still having trouble,,,,, or should I hard reset?
    Global Posts
    653 Global Posts
    No issues here whatsoever.
    I'm not having any issues with my 700wx and texting after the patch. Before you jump ship and sign up with Cingular I would definitely try a hard reset. The 700wx is a great device, and Sprint's services are much cheaper than Cingular's. I would try a hard reset and see how it goes before switching to another carrier.
    Jimmie Geddes
  4.    #4  
    Thanks for the replies so far,,,,,,,, also I still get the duplicate text some times. I get 2 identical messages from someone with the same timestamp. If there are many others having trouble can hard reset next week. I have a few days off then. Thanks for the info. I would appreciate it if others could chime in. A hard reset for me is about 3 hours worth of work, but if the issue isn't global then it is worth it to debug the device.
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    have you ever thought that this can actually be a problem on your friend's network part?

Maybe its HIS service that's crap and the messages don't get SENT properly in the first place...
    No problems here either. I'd verify to make sure the problem comes from your end. If it does, hard reset the 700wx and call Sprint CS and tell them to reset your text connection to their server.
  7.    #7  
    Sure except that it happens with friends that have Sprint, T-Mobile, and Cingular. It happens randomly and it happens coming and going. Its hard to place rhyme or reason to it since it only happens about 1 time out of 20,,,, and that frequency is a real shot in the dark guess. My daughter missed an appointment the other day because a person using a sprint java phone sent a message and it didnt go threw. I have had several issues with a coworker because thier GSM phone carrier unknown frequently doesnt get messages I send and I dont get theirs. When I called Sprint to complain their test message took 10 minutes to go threw then the next text caused a duplicate text (identical time stamps). About 1 out of 20 messages my wife sends me comes threw as a duplicate.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by L3thal View Post
    No problems here either. I'd verify to make sure the problem comes from your end. If it does, hard reset the 700wx and call Sprint CS and tell them to reset your text connection to their server.
    I'll do that thanks for the info. I didnt know they could reset the connection.
    No issues here in a long while with texts not going thru. Back in October I had issues with my texts in a span of two weeks and I called Sprint a few times and had them credit me for the month of texts. How long has it been going on? Every once in a while a may get a double text or someone asks me why I sent my message more than once. That's rare though.
  10.    #10  
    Hello Bad Ash,

Like everyone else I had the same issues when Sprint made their changes. The patch fixed most of that. The occasional dropped incoming/out-going message has been there since the patch. The fact that you also have the duplicate message problem leads me to believe its a sprint issue.

I also feel it may be an unrecognized global issue since sprint admits an incompatibility existing with the wx and the sprint network in regards to sprint tv and picture mail. I'm still going to try the hard reset next week. Fingers crossed.
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesRitter View Post
    Hello Bad Ash,

Like everyone else I had the same issues when Sprint made their changes. The patch fixed most of that. The occasional dropped incoming/out-going message has been there since the patch. The fact that you also have the duplicate message problem leads me to believe its a sprint issue.

I also feel it may be an unrecognized global issue since sprint admits an incompatibility existing with the wx and the sprint network in regards to sprint tv and picture mail. I'm still going to try the hard reset next week. Fingers crossed.
    Actually when I was getting the double messages and back in October I had my 700P so if it makes you feel better it's definately not the phone and more of a random Sprint issue. Hope this helps.
    I get double msgs too sometimes, I wouldnt' sweat that. But missing them, that's the key. I've gotten doubled message since my 600... just once in awhile.
    Every phone I've ever owned has had a missed text message here or there. I know people who purposely send a text twice just to make sure it gets delivered (I think that's super annoying!).

In any event, I don't think its the phone but the service. SMS is imperfect.
    Quote Originally Posted by kaiguy View Post
    Every phone I've ever owned has had a missed text message here or there. I know people who purposely send a text twice just to make sure it gets delivered (I think that's super annoying!).

In any event, I don't think its the phone but the service. SMS is imperfect.
    Yeah, right now both my fiancee and I are on Cingular and we sometimes miss txts back and forth either because they disappear or show up hours later.
  15. kac
    I've had this problem since I got my Verizon 700w quite a while ago. It's SOOOOOO annoying. I've posted about this a few times.

The way I get around it is to do a soft reset a few times a day. It's very annoying but a minute or so after a soft reset, all the texts I missed come through at once.

Sometimes, if I forget to soft reset for a day or two, it hits me that I forgot and when I do a soft reset, I'll get hit with like 15 texts at once from a day or two ago.
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    If you hard reset your treo 700wx, make sure to re-install the SMS patch. it dosent survive a hard reset.
    "When Palm announced today that its new smartphone would run an operating system from Microsoft, it was the equivalent of Coca-Cola agreeing to fill its bottles with Pepsi." ~David M. Ewalt, Forbes Magazine
    ----------------------------------------------------
    My Phone history.....
    I have a wx and still experience lost incoming or outgoing several times a month. All CS has to say is that I receive the service for free.
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by Fittske View Post
    If you hard reset your treo 700wx, make sure to re-install the SMS patch. it dosent survive a hard reset.
    I have hard reset this thing several times since I got it but I dont know if 1 of those times was after installing the patch and I dont remember if it was, did I reinstall the patch. The remove program list doesn't show the patch so I reinstalled the patch but I guess the remove program list isn't suppose to show the patch because I still doesn't. I'm sure that's normal.
    Global Posts
    653 Global Posts
    This article on Palm's site tells you how to show if it's installed or not:

http://www.palm.com/us/support/downl...SMS/index.html

What to Expect
    To verify if this patch is currently installed on the device launch File Explorer on the device and Navigate to the Windows folder. Within the Windows folder there will be a file named SMSBuildPatch. If you have this file, your device already has the software patch installed.
  20.    #20  
    Well, I'm on my 3rd ay with a Cingular Treo 750 and it seems to be a nice improvement.

1) No missed SMS
    2) I'm getting 140 to 240kbs/sec instead of sprints 30 to 70kbs/sec here in EV-less springfield missouri. This has allowed me to listen to a greater number of internet radio stations!!j
    3) The keys have more bounce.
    4) There seems to be improvements in PIE as pages load with fewer stalls.
    5) No stoupid antenna.
    6) The usb cable has a slightly different design so it doesn't come loose so easily.
    7) The SD slot is covered so I won't have to use tape to keep it from getting lost.
    8) Its slightly smaller that the wx which seems like a difference. The battery is also smaller but who care I always keep 2 extra batteries in my book bag since I listen to internet radio 1/3 of the day.

I'm still playing a continuous SMS tag game with several friends who have different carriers to fully assess the situaton.

Thanks for the help fellow treolovers
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast