Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesRitter View Post
    2) I'm getting 140 to 240kbs/sec instead of sprints 30 to 70kbs/sec here in EV-less springfield missouri. This has allowed me to listen to a greater number of internet radio stations!!j
    U icon or G icon on the top?

If your area has UMTS you can easily go 900+ with the HSDPA hack.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jdoc View Post

That's GSM right? This discussion is all Sprint/Verizon (CMDA).
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by westronic View Post
    That's GSM right? This discussion is all Sprint/Verizon (CMDA).
    Not really. The OP just got a Cingular 750, and he said he was getting speeds that looked like umts to me, so I asked him that.
    Not really. The OP just got a Cingular 750, and he said he was getting speeds that looked like umts to me, so I asked him that.
    I see - I missed that.
    Not to seem to dumb here but I was having problems with receiving texts from someone.

Immediately blamed Sprint and/or my 700wx. Turned out my friend was sending the text messages to my landline.

Never disregard the possibility of user error.
  6.    #26  

It is a G. There is no broadband in Springfield from any carrier. Thats why I only get 30 to 70 max with Sprint which I wouldnt care about but all the best radio stations stream above 148. Thanks for the info
    Last edited by jamespaulritter; 02/12/2007 at 05:34 AM.
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tastypeppers View Post
    Not to seem to dumb here but I was having problems with receiving texts from someone.

Immediately blamed Sprint and/or my 700wx. Turned out my friend was sending the text messages to my landline.

Never disregard the possibility of user error.
    Hey Tastypeppers, (fellow backer for the "Treo for BigRed" campaign) I checked out several of the missed SMS occurrence to see if the text that I didn't get was sent or not and it was in the sent folder on my wife's sprint phone, my friends T-mobile phone and a coworkers Cingular phone. Also around 1 in 20 of my messages never reach to intended target. When there was a known issue I didnt worry about it. But know that I have the 700 patch and still have issues it really ticks me off. The one thing I didn't do was hard reset and reinstall the patch and go without 3rd party apps. Since there is supposedly a issue with some data and the Sprint server such as sprint TV and picture mail not working with the sprint network and a past issue with sprint, the wx and SMS I didn't think I needed to trouble shoot any more. I just wanted to know if others were still having issues.
  8.    #28  
    I gotta tell you all about this since it is related and it was really strange.

I have an old PPC 6600 that is not hooked up to service and the radio is off to save on the battery. I hard reset it a few weeks ago since I'm planning on selling it this week. It showed a SMS received last week. It was a SMS that I received and still had on the Treo.

How in the world would a PPC deactivated with the radio off receive 1 SMS???
    Ghosts of Technology Past . . . . .
    Wow, I have an old 6600 I don't use anymore either. Just sitting there... staring with sad eyes.

HOLY CRAP... PERRY!
    Well, even though you jumped the Palm OS ship , we now have Cingular in common... (Maybe I should put another sad face?) Did Rhonda switch too?
  12.    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by Christinac130 View Post
    Well, even though you jumped the Palm OS ship , we now have Cingular in common... (Maybe I should put another sad face?) Did Rhonda switch too?
    No,,,,,, Angel baby only requires that a phone has a mute button and can store contacts
  13.    #33  
    Well the 750 missed a text message so I guess the wx is no different than any other phone as far as all that is concerned. I even had them resend the message while I was standing there,,,,, that was yesterday and I still haven't gotten it. I guess I tossed out the wx for invalid reasons.......Well since: my contract is up, I get speeds 3x faster than sprint, the device looks better and is smaller and lighter I guess I'll ebay the wx anyway. Thanks everyone for the info on the SMS issues.
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    Your textin problem is very strange. I guess you could say that the very nature of the text messaging part of the network is meant to be unreliable sometimes, since its not like a voice conversation so they can set priorities and delays over the gateways..

Havin said that... I've just changed my plan to unlimited because this month I hit about 2000 txts (new girlfriend lol) and I didn't miss a SINGLE one.

so your problem is indeed strange, especially now that you've changed carriers.
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesRitter View Post
    I can only guess 1 out of 20 sent or received gets lost, 80% of my communication is threw SMS.
    Maybe you text too much.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

16.    #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho View Post
    Maybe you text too much.
    Ouch put the stick away,,,,,, d@m,,,,, lawyers ARE evil!!!! J/K
  17.    #37  
    Your textin problem is very strange. I guess you could say that the very nature of the text messaging part of the network is meant to be unreliable sometimes, since its not like a voice conversation so they can set priorities and delays over the gateways..

Havin said that... I've just changed my plan to unlimited because this month I hit about 2000 txts (new girlfriend lol) and I didn't miss a SINGLE one.

so your problem is indeed strange, especially now that you've changed carriers.
    What was interesting was that I had a friend who's service is on alltel with a Motorola razor who could send me new text just fine but when he tried to resend the message that was missed from the day before it still wouldn't go threw. I know a text message is a file written by a program and occasionally files are written badly. I think I do about 5 a day. 1 out of 20 is a very rough guess. If it were shown to be 1 out of a hundred I wouldn't be surprised. My daughter missed he audiology appointment 3 weeks ago even though my wife sent me a text message to remind me. I never got it. I got into an argument with a coworker because they didn't answer my questions,,,, they sent the info in a text message,,,, I never got it. The moral of the story is IF THE INFO IS IMPORTANT CALL AND SPEAK TO PERSONALLY, NO TEXT MESSAGE ...... or ask for a confirmation reply I guess. I never noticed how unreliable texting was until i set up this system where I got all my friends to agree to reply with the sent and received time stamp and a running message number to keep track. After I began that it was only a matter of 3 days before a message was shown to be lost.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12