Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Dunno if anyone has posted yet, but the Treo 750 is now available through Palm's US website.
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi View Post
    Dunno if anyone has posted yet, but the Treo 750 is now available through Palm's US website.
    The 750 is not available. The 750c is available. That C=Cingular is a very important detail.
    THERE IS NOOOOO C on the 750. IT IS THE 750
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by grundler View Post
    The 750 is not available. The 750c is available. That C=Cingular is a very important detail.

Ok, well I don't see a "c" at the end of the model number though it is for Cingular.

Anyway, the Treo 750 is available (for Cingular) from Palm's US site.
    Says device without plan $649.00, dont know if thats unlocked though.

http://store.palm.com/search/index.j...750&fbc=1&pg=1
    Its been there for almost a month now. I did see it as an unbranded phone for the UK site. Why do we care? Maybe HSDPA? YEP! Should be coming as a legit update soon...
  7.    #7  
    That's not unlocked. That's the price for the ONE 750 they have for sale, the Cingular 750. $649 is the price without a plan, same as the 700WX for Sprint.
    YES it has been there, but not able to buy on palm.com until today. I would not expect an unlocked 750 here in the US anytime soo...I cant wait for the ROM update....Hope it will fix a few problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi View Post
    Ok, well I don't see a "c" at the end of the model number though it is for Cingular.

Anyway, the Treo 750 is available (for Cingular) from Palm's US site.
    you're right that the c is not there, but it's the cingular model. its not the unbranded/unlocked one.

And why do we care? We care because having cingular as an intermediary deciding what we can and can't do (even on another network--if we can even get on it!) with a phone we paid (full price!) for is just disgusting.
    UMMM isnt that called business??? Company's do this ALL day long!
    at Palm.com?
    YES...U can now buy the Cingular 750 at Palm.com
    you're right that the c is not there, but it's the cingular model. its not the unbranded/unlocked one.

And why do we care? We care because having cingular as an intermediary deciding what we can and can't do (even on another network--if we can even get on it!) with a phone we paid (full price!) for is just disgusting.
    So go unlock your Treo if you wish... Its allowed and totally do-able. If you travel overseas, ok... Unlock it. If you are using in the states, you want T-mobile? Now thats funny!
    Other GSM carriers that are any good in the states? I think not. Stop your complaining, if you dont want to pay to play - go home with your sidekick and customize it with nail polish.
    Just joking here...
  14.    #14  

You can call them and tell them you're going abroad on a trip so you need to unlock your phone. They'll give you instructions and a code to unlock your phone.

Also, wasn't there some ruling or law that went into effect a month or two ago regarding carriers and unlocking phones?
    I agree 100% interstink...ALSO Cingular is the only company in the US with 3G...Tmobile is just not there yet, so you will have an expensive treo 750 with edge if you use them.
    Quote Originally Posted by skyking517 View Post
    UMMM isnt that called business??? Company's do this ALL day long!
    is that the best justification you can come up with? because it's business? come on now, surely you don't really think its "right" for a business to do anything just because they are a business.... that's an insane response.

and its not just the locked sim that cingular has. they also change the actual features of phones. They advertise a world phone, but then it's really not unless it's unlocked.

and the ability to use MY phone fully with another company because of "inferior service" doesn't seem very compelling of an argument as to why they should "rightly" be able to block me from doing so either.

Anyway, i'm not wasting anymore time responding to the poor reasoning that i've just read in this thread. i just hope you people aren't in positions of power with those kind of reasoning skills. scary really...
  17.    #17  
    Why don't you just call them and tell them you need to be able to use your phone abroad. They should be able to give you the unlock code and instructions.
    is that the best justification you can come up with? because it's business? come on now, surely you don't really think its "right" for a business to do anything just because they are a business.... that's an insane response.

and its not just the locked sim that cingular has. they also change the actual features of phones. They advertise a world phone, but then it's really not unless it's unlocked.

and the ability to use MY phone fully with another company because of "inferior service" doesn't seem very compelling of an argument as to why they should "rightly" be able to block me from doing so either.

Anyway, i'm not wasting anymore time responding to the poor reasoning that i've just read in this thread. i just hope you people aren't in positions of power with those kind of reasoning skills. scary really...

UMMM WOW....You do know you can call Cingular and get an unlocked code for FREE. Your words are totally crazy!
    Quote Originally Posted by skyking517 View Post
    UMMM WOW....You do know you can call Cingular and get an unlocked code for FREE. Your words are totally crazy!
    perhaps you missed the part about it being more than a sim lock (which cingular will provide--though it took me quite a lot of doing to get it for my now broken 650). cingular actually changes the features of phone, puts their own stuff on the rom, and that stuff doesn't disappear when you unlock the sim network.

anyway, i said i wasn't going to respond and perhaps i was a bit harsh, but i've just dealt with way too many people lately who lack complete reasoning ability. Like the woman at palm who i couldn't get to understand the difference between "no released plan to sell an unbranded version" vs "a release that there were no plans to have an unbranded version." i'm a mathematician by training and am not so accustomed to poor reasoning skills and inability to say precisely what is meant. we aren't meant to go out into the "real world" often for exactly these reasons... :-)
    I'm with you Grundler!! Cingular branding sucks! Some people apparently don't realize SIM unlock still means the phone is BRANDED!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast