Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1.    #1  
    Has anyone been able to stream Sirius Satallite radio on their 750? If so could you post instructions on how to do it?
  2. zeze22's Avatar
    Posts
    187 Posts
    Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    #2  
    http://forums.geekstoolbox.com/forums/index.php

    Go to the SiriusWM5/SiriusGTX forum. Go to the "current version" topic in that forum and download SiriusWM% and TCPMP.

    It is a breeze and works perfectly.
  3. #3  
    Or you could go to the previous post about sirius and follow the instructions.
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ghlight=sirius
    Last edited by JackisBack; 02/06/2007 at 06:25 PM.
  4. #4  
    Do you have to pay for a sirius subscription? I downloaded all the cab files and when I pick the channel it asks me to connect by entering a crypted code. Then it says connection failed.
  5. #5  
    you have to have a sirius account in order to remotely listen
    www.luxozine.com
    Sport Elegance Delivered
  6. #6  
    followed the above instructions and keep getting message log in failed not having any luck with sirius

    Fred
  7. #7  
    Make sure you can log in and stream on your PC at Sirius.com.
    Then try on the Treo. It should work.
    Do not have "CD Quality" checked unless you pay extra for the CD quality streams.
    You do have to have an account with a log in or at least a guest log in.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
  8. zeze22's Avatar
    Posts
    187 Posts
    Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Painkiller View Post
    Do you have to pay for a sirius subscription? I downloaded all the cab files and when I pick the channel it asks me to connect by entering a crypted code. Then it says connection failed.
    It's 5.99/mo (or 7.99?) for an internet only subscrip. Not bad.
  9. #9  
    I can log in on pc to my sirius acount but when i do it on 750 i recieve message requesting stream then nothing happens
    Fred
  10. #10  
    Have you tried disabling the cingy proxy? I was having problems with sirius until I disabled the proxy.

    http://www.gadgetech.info/treo/hacks/disableproxy/

    Although I also changed my dns address so that might've helped too.

    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=135346
  11. #11  
    Hmm. It sounds like Windows Media player isn't kicking in.
    Make sure you start with WM (not TCPMP) until you know it works. Do not use CD quality streams (unless you paid for the upgrade and know non CD quality works first.)
    Make sure you have "My ISP" set as your conneciton profile in >Settings>connections. The default setting in My ISP should be 'wap.cingular"
    If you use "MEdia Net" as the connection setting, the proxy in that config will prevent this from working.

    The proxy hack at my site (gadgetech.info) only changes the proxy in IE. It shouldn't affect SiriusWM5 or Media Player at all. These apps depend on what's set in settings>connections.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
  12. #12  
    Thanks for the help i have it working through window media seems to be working fine but cannot multi task while listening to sirius

    Fred
  13. #13  
    [QUOTE=taylorh;1195472 ]
    The proxy hack at my site (gadgetech.info) only changes the proxy in IE. It shouldn't affect SiriusWM5 or Media Player at all. These apps depend on what's set in settings>connections.[ /QUOTE]

    Isn't SiriusWM5 using an IE api to access sirius on the web? That's why I thought it helped. All I know is I had the connection problems until I disabled the cingy proxy and changed my dns. Could've been a coincidence I suppose.
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    Isn't SiriusWM5 using an IE api to access sirius on the web? That's why I thought it helped. All I know is I had the connection problems until I disabled the cingy proxy and changed my dns. Could've been a coincidence I suppose.
    You know, I'm not sure. Maybe it is using the IE api. This would explain why it doesn't need .NET. Perhaps you're right.
    Either way it's a good troubleshooting step (disabling that proxy.) It may very well not be coincidence and has everything to do with that setting.
    Honestly that darn proxy and being configured for it causes more problems than it's worth. I wish Cingular hadn't set it up this way.

    I'm glad it worked out for you.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G

Posting Permissions