1.    #1  
    I know this is probably a simple mistake, but can anyone help me figure out why my phone doesn't ring when ppl call?

If I put it on vibrate then it vibrates but if its on ring (the button on the top) and someone calls in neither rings nor vibrates. only after to I hear a ring that I had a missed call. I looked under Settings sounds and notifications and seems that sound is set and enabled for both "known callers" and "unknown callers"

Any ideas what I may have done? (was working yesterday...) sounds does work otherwise just not for ringing... Thanks
    This is a common reported problem on the Cingular 750 (you can find it if you search). Do a soft reset to get the sound and vibrate back. Some believe that if you turn off voice command the problem stops or happens much less frequently.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for the tip, do you mind telling me how to do a soft reset? I did a quick search but didn't find it. Thanks
    Turn off Voice Command in Settings. That fixes it. But for some reason after a reset it will turn back on.
    Take out your stylus, open the cover for the mini-SD card, and push the recessed button at the bottom end of the slot with the stylus tip.

Quote Originally Posted by chaimdan View Post
    Thanks for the tip, do you mind telling me how to do a soft reset? I did a quick search but didn't find it. Thanks
  6.    #6  
    This is really annoying. The Voice Command was already not enabled, I did a soft reset and still the phone won't ring...

Any other ideas??!?!?! This is crazy...
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    After many soft resets all day Sunday i finally had to do a hard reset and reinstall all my stuff yesterday. I have a 750v, so this is not specific to Cingular...i've never used voice command. Very odd
    Hmm after reading this, I tested my own phone nad noticed it would only ring once. I had to do a hard reset on my to fix the problems with voice command and lock ups. I just configured it wtih te basics and its running fast and good again. These damn hacks seem to cause issues.
    Well, you could do a hard reset but will wipe any data out. But if it doesn't work after a hard reset then the hardware needs to be replaced.

If you want to do a hard reset, push in the reset button and hold it, press the red power button and hold it, release the reset button, wait a few seconds. You should see a message asking to erase all data. Push the d-pad button up and it will hard reset.
    I too am experiencing this now.

I have soft reset a TON of times. It does not fix the issue. All other sounds function fine including the missed call and VM notifications.

The phone WILL vibrate with an incoming call. I have also noticed if I am wearing my BT headset it will notify via the earpiece.

This is EXTREMELY frustrating.
    Okay, I hate to be the one to suggest it, but

Are you sure the ringer volume is turned up? I thought soon after buying the 750 that it was not ringing, but instead found that I had inadvertently turned down the ringer volume.

DOHH!!
    Gimme the P-Funk!
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    I posted about this in another thread here as well as on another forum. On my TyTN I have experienced the same problem. It is directly related to Voice Command. However, it is also related to my bluetooth stereo headphone. After having either installed I have experience this disappearing sound issue. It is usually fine for a little while after a soft reset but the problem will reappear in a few hours. Only removing the headphone and/or Voice Command will solve the problem for me.
    Soft resets were not curing my problem... BUT I found something that did.

Shutting down BT and immediately restarting BT. Suddenly my phone would begin ringing again as normal.

Maybe this will help someone else. Hopefully Cingular/Palm will release an update soon as this seems to occur with no warning.
    What ring tone do you have it set to?
    Make sure you have something set for each of the Phone: Know caller, Phone: unknown caller, etc. And that it's set to ring type: Ring.
    Make sure the ringer is turned on.
    Interesting I keep hearing about this type of problem but Myself and my wife have never experienced it (About 1 month with the Treo 750 now.)
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G