Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I was a beta tester for this program, and one of the only people (I think ) to have tested with a 700wx. I submitted tons of bug reports and had so many hard resets in the past month, I don't even want to think about it. But the good news is that it is stable and COMPLETELY changes the way you interact with your Treo.

More information can be gained from the main site, and I will add more later - I just can't do much now because I'm at work and should be working (go figure) but I took some screen shots for you to check out. Spb Mobile Shell sits on top of your existing device, and allows you totally different menu integration. I am totally not shilling for them, I just love this program and have been playing with it for weeks and couldn't say anything until it was released today...

Check out a demo at:

http://spbsoftwarehouse.com/products/mobileshell/?en

And if you have questions about the app, I'll try to answer them as best I can... it's cool, though...

This is how you can wake up your device now, and check notifications from a new screen - email, sms, missed calls, click the icons, and the go right to the locations...

My today screen is tabbed now, between Diary, WeatherPanel, a photo speed dialer (built in) and the home tab which has battery life and frequently used programs.

The start menu has been revamped, and you can reach everything (organized slightly differently) without your stylus.

As I said, I had to suffer a lot of bugs to get this thing working on my Treo, but it has absolutely changed my life. No joke. I love it, and I wanted to share its coolness with TC! Let me know what you think of this...
    END OF LINE
    This look's amazing! Off to go check out the trial!
    Couple of questions:

Will this work on a 700W??

Is there a selection of meters?? ie: memory, storage card....

Am I able to use my own background images??

Is this fully 5-way compatible??

It does look very cool. I will be giving it a try.
    Last edited by jchrist; 02/06/2007 at 12:01 PM.
    Do the SMS features play nicely with Palm Messaging?

How about Pocket Informant?

I've given these folks a lot of money so far...Diary, Time, Weather, and Backup. It's all been stable fast stuff, but the weather is fairly vanilla.

Shel is $18 bucks for current Diary users...

Looking forward to trying it out latter this week.
    Spb Diary With New Spb Mobile Shell Support
    FEBRUARY 2007 You received this email because you had subscribed to Spb Diary product updates.
    We have released a new version of Spb Diary 2.2.1 with special integration support for our new product Spb Mobile Shell.
    Spb Mobile Shell introduces the next generation user interface while keeping all advantages of a Windows Mobile device. Key features include: Unique Now Screen
    Phone style menu
    Weather forecasts
    Photo speed dial
    World time
    Launcher
    Big dynamic tabs on Today

SPECIAL OFFER FOR SPB DIARY CUSTOMERS
    We have a special offer for Spb Diary customers. You can buy new Spb Mobile Shell with 40% discount for $17.97 (normal price $29.95).
    INTEGRATION BETWEEN SPB DIARY & SPB MOBILE SHELL
    Spb Mobile Shell together with Spb Diary makes a perfect Today screen. Look at this examples:
    1. "Classic"
    This is the easiest way to configure the integration with Spb Diary.
    2. "Diary Addict"
    Spb Mobile Shell is in drop down mode and Spb Diary takes the rest of the screen.
    3. "Diary Tab"
    Spb Diary can be inserted as a tab in Spb Mobile Shell.
    Note: Spb Mobile Shell is compatible with Windows Mobile 5.0 only!
    Click here to view other Pocket PC software titles from Spb Software House.
    More Details: Requirements: Windows Mobile 5 Pocket PC device; Support: http://www.spbsoftwarehouse.com/support
    Unsubscribe: http://www.spbsoftwarehouse.com/support/updates.html
    wow what a wonderful program!!! this works amazingly and it has great 5-way / one handed integration
    Treo 800w 8/08
    Nokia N800
    previously: Treo 700wx 12/06, Sprint 6700 3/06; Treo 650 11/04; Treo 600 1/04 (gone); Samsung i500 (gone); Hitachi G1000 11/03 (gone); Nokia 7110 5/00(best phone ever)
    Global Posts
    653 Global Posts
    I see the second set of screenshots show the Sprint/BT bar, can you still use the hidelogo plugin with this app?
  8.    #8  
    Thanks for adding that stuff, akenis

I wanted to add this... I was very proud and happy when I got this a little while ago from the developer. I know, so lame, but it was cool!

Thank you for your participation! Your excitement brought our close attention to Treo and motivated us to fix compatibility problems as soon as possible. So all Treo users should thank you

Never doubt the Treo love...

I couldn't wait to talk about this over here.
    END OF LINE
    What does this do differently than the standard layout? It seems like the buttons & icons take up a lot of real estate, especially on a 240 240 screen.
    Palm Pilot>Palm III>Palm Color>Palm m505>Palm T5>Treo700w>vzw Treo700wx>Maybe the next gen iPhone next.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by jchrist View Post
    Couple of questions:

Will this work on a 700W??

Is there a selection of meters?? ie: memory, storage card....

Am I able to use my own background images??

Is this fully 5-way compatible??

It does look very cool. I will be giving it a try.

I think it should work on a 700w. The memory issue may be a problem, although the last I heard, the amount required to run MS was not exorbitant.

As far as meters are concerned, you can use the tabs with Pocket Plus, and use the meters built in... There aren't other ones within the app itself.

You can use your own theme/background images, I just fell in love with the Indigo theme!

Definitely 5-way compatible.

Quote Originally Posted by Pibe38 View Post
    I see the second set of screenshots show the Sprint/BT bar, can you still use the hidelogo plugin with this app?
    I have not tried hidelogo... I seem to remember someone mentioning this in the beta forum. I want to say that it will run ok, because MS will run underneath it as its own today plugin, but don't quote me on that...
    END OF LINE
    Global Posts
    653 Global Posts
    I was also thinking... how much space does it take on the device?
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by akenis View Post
    Do the SMS features play nicely with Palm Messaging?

How about Pocket Informant?

I've given these folks a lot of money so far...Diary, Time, Weather, and Backup. It's all been stable fast stuff, but the weather is fairly vanilla.

Shel is $18 bucks for current Diary users...

Looking forward to trying it out latter this week.

Don't have Palm Messaging installed, so can't say.

Pocket Informant is supported (I think) but there were issues with a few functions (I remember a LOT of people talking about it in the forum). I know for a fact that the devs have said they will continue to add support for it, as many use it.

I think this is the best Spb program I have, and I don't even use Weather. I installed WeatherPanel in one of the tabs, and it runs great. I even have WP-Pilot underneath, and I can get to it just fine. The only issue is that I have it at the bottom of the screen, and on each tab, if I click down far enough, the WP-Pilot icon will activate. Not nearly enough to bother me, though, as I have very little reason to click down that far at all.
    END OF LINE
    Global Posts
    919 Global Posts
    I'm almost ready to declare this the single best app for the treo 700wx !!! (IMO)
    I swear if they release something to ie in wm5 more onehand friendly I'm throwing my 700p out the window!
    I was also thinking... how much space does it take on the device?
    i just checked and it's about 1.8 MB, all in main memory... however this seems to run a heck of a lot better than Wisbar and it has a much better start menu interface...

wow i can totally tell how this is so amazing... you're totally right alienwhere about it chaning how you interact with the phone. i dont' know what it is, but i am so happy right now... it's like the whole phone became a lot easier to operate... and the eye candy is great
    Treo 800w 8/08
    Nokia N800
    previously: Treo 700wx 12/06, Sprint 6700 3/06; Treo 650 11/04; Treo 600 1/04 (gone); Samsung i500 (gone); Hitachi G1000 11/03 (gone); Nokia 7110 5/00(best phone ever)
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by littlewaywelt View Post
    What does this do differently than the standard layout? It seems like the buttons & icons take up a lot of real estate, especially on a 240 240 screen.
    I have mine set to show all tabs all the time, but you can auto-hide them and install a bunch of plugins underneath, thus saving the real estate.

I found it was easier to install the ones I use as tabs in Mobile Shell instead of having them underneath.
    END OF LINE
    Global Posts
    653 Global Posts
    *sigh* darn it... just when I thought I was happy with my Today screen!!!

Thanks for the info! Hope you don't mind Alienwhere, I posted this on PPCGeeks.com giving you the credit for the original post.
    Can custom alerts be set for the three notification items on the main screen (SMS, Mail and calls?)

If not are there any alerts? Can they set to repeat?

Basically if I go to this I app I have to give up Phone Alarm. That's fine but I really rely on Phone Alarm's repeating notification option for missed calls and SMS.

If I had to turn the screen on every time I wanted to check to see if I missed a call or had a message waiting I'm not sure I'd be happy.
  18.    #18  
    *sigh* darn it... just when I thought I was happy with my Today screen!!!

Thanks for the info! Hope you don't mind Alienwhere, I posted this on PPCGeeks.com giving you the credit for the original post.
    Not a problem. I figure, I want to get as many people using it as possible because the bigger the community, as seems to be the case with WeatherPanel, the better the information and results between users.

Can you post the link to PPCGeeks so I can check it out?

Quote Originally Posted by lgreenberg View Post
    Can custom alerts be set for the three notification items on the main screen (SMS, Mail and calls?)

If not are there any alerts? Can they set to repeat?

Basically if I go to this I app I have to give up Phone Alarm. That's fine but I really rely on Phone Alarm's repeating notification option for missed calls and SMS.

If I had to turn the screen on every time I wanted to check to see if I missed a call or had a message waiting I'm not sure I'd be happy.
    I'm not sure about your PhoneAlarm questions specifically. Right now, I'm using the system notification sounds for the "Now" screen so when I get an email, sms, or missed call, I also get an audio notification. I have disabled the alert on the today screen itself so I don't get duplicate notifications.

I want to say that my alerts go once, and don't repeat... you may be able to tweak the settings. You also may be able to use PA with it... not sure how that would work out.
    END OF LINE
    How about Wisbar? Can it be used with this?

I'm mainly concerned with the closing of running apps...

Looks like a great app.

Edit - I just installed it on to a WX. WOW. Wisbar works fine for closing apps.

I also don't see why phone alarm can't be used along with it as a plug in for repeating alerts.

I'm going to install it on a 750 now.

Very cool.
    Last edited by lgreenberg; 02/06/2007 at 02:39 PM.
  20.    #20  
    Wisbar is supported according to the devs; not running it myself, but many other testers were.
    END OF LINE
Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast