Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    I would be OK with the settings not under the today settings, but the "frozen" screen that you can't rid of is nasty.

You can change the Now screen colors only if you turn on their theme colors. That works fine, but it overrides my Today theme. Turning off the theme color sends the Now screen back to black. I can live with it but it would have been nice if the Now screen wasn't tied to their themes.

Anyone understand how their tabs work? It seems like some today plugins show up and let me make a tab for them. For example you can replace their dial tab with the Palm speed dial (which can have more than 5 numbers). But the calendar plugin doesn't show up. I'd really like to get a calendar tab in there.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    I have installed the trial. I like it. One thing I want to do is add the bluetooth icon to the Now screen because Treo owners need to know at a glance if they are still paired up with the phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo View Post
    LG,

Can you guys merge this thread with the one or two other threads in the 700w/wx forum on this and stick this in the WM Apps forum so it's all together in one place?

bcaslis, I don't see any way of just changing the now theme...
    That thread confirms what I have been hearing..'that the app does not necessarily work the same way on Treo's due to some Palm customizations.
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
    I just know the Weather is 1.6.2 and + is 3.1.1

I saw they have a newer version for Pocket Plus for this Mobile Shell and I didn't know if I needed that or if I would get added benefits out of it, and if so, do I have to pay to upgrade or not...
    I just installed it, pretty neat. I added my Inbox as a Tab, despite it warning me that it could be problematic, works fine. It seems that the available additional tabs are limited now to Inbox, Picture, Web Search and Speed Dial.

it seems that for now, you need to go to your Today screen settings and select Calendar, so it will show as before.

One thing I am trying is to uncheck the AutoHide of the Tab Content, so I can access a whole bunch of apps right from the Today screen, including the Calendar. I'll play with it a bit.

Got a neat little Rotate Screen utility there too.

Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis View Post
    I would be OK with the settings not under the today settings, but the "frozen" screen that you can't rid of is nasty.

You can change the Now screen colors only if you turn on their theme colors. That works fine, but it overrides my Today theme. Turning off the theme color sends the Now screen back to black. I can live with it but it would have been nice if the Now screen wasn't tied to their themes.

Anyone understand how their tabs work? It seems like some today plugins show up and let me make a tab for them. For example you can replace their dial tab with the Palm speed dial (which can have more than 5 numbers). But the calendar plugin doesn't show up. I'd really like to get a calendar tab in there.
    PDA Lineage: Sharp Wizard, PalmVx, Tungsten, Treo 650, Treo 750v
    Ok, no need to uncheck this, when I select the Home/Battery Tab, it displays all the apps.

One thing I am trying is to uncheck the AutoHide of the Tab Content, so I can access a whole bunch of apps right from the Today screen, including the Calendar. I'll play with it a bit.

Got a neat little Rotate Screen utility there too.[/QUOTE]
  7.    #67  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tastypeppers View Post
    I have installed the trial. I like it. One thing I want to do is add the bluetooth icon to the Now screen because Treo owners need to know at a glance if they are still paired up with the phone.

This was a BIG feature request among beta testers. I expect that it may be added at some point. I think people asked for a way to toggle BT from the Now screen as well, which I would have loved.

Quote Originally Posted by Beeno View Post
    I just know the Weather is 1.6.2 and + is 3.1.1

I saw they have a newer version for Pocket Plus for this Mobile Shell and I didn't know if I needed that or if I would get added benefits out of it, and if so, do I have to pay to upgrade or not...
    I am running P+ 3.1.2 (?) and it's fine. Yours should be ok, I imagine, and I'm gonna say (not positive) but your weather should be ok, too. I mean, you'll have to try it and see. I'd backup the device first, although I don't think there would be anything cataclysmic going on to ruin your current device state anyway. Give it a shot! Oh - and your license code for 3.1.1 should work for 3.x or whatever, I believe.
    END OF LINE
    just received my 750 and downloaded this and I love it much better then original start menu have not had any bugs at all on 750
    Fred
    I'm using it in conjuction with Pocket Breeze and iLauncher and so far it works great. Palm customizations aren't interfering with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo View Post
    LG,

Can you guys merge this thread with the one or two other threads in the 700w/wx forum on this and stick this in the WM Apps forum so it's all together in one place?

bcaslis, I don't see any way of just changing the now theme...
    Done.
    Its a nice utility, not sure if the price of $29.95 is right, seems high for what you get, which is essentially a shell.
    uninstalled. lol.

too much candy, not enough power.

will hold out for newer version.
    In the SPB Mobile Shell Settings, under Tabs, the Options Button is greyed out, any reason for this?
    Cody,

Was everything put back to normal after uninstalling (ie. the softkeys on the today screen)?
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
    Quote Originally Posted by JGold View Post
    Cody,

Was everything put back to normal after uninstalling (ie. the softkeys on the today screen)?
    My softkeys NEVER changed when I installed Mobile Shell.

Also, has anyone noticed that the little time icon tab actually shows the correct time? Very neat little touch.
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetluva View Post
    My softkeys NEVER changed when I installed Mobile Shell.

Also, has anyone noticed that the little time icon tab actually shows the correct time? Very neat little touch.
    Strange. When I installed to my KJAM, the right softkey was set to Sbp Menu. To make the most of MS, you almost have to change at least one of the softkeys displayed on the Today screen.

Is the the Palm "Menu" option one of the items in the dropdown list for the softkey selection?

Can anyone confirm both of these questions?

TIA!
    Last edited by JGold; 02/08/2007 at 05:23 AM.
    Hey has anyone tried to upx this program and if so can someone post the results, I own the treo 700w and 1.7 is a hefty amount of program memory.
    No more Tilt for me came back and got the Treo Pro.
    Global Posts
    653 Global Posts
    Ok so I installed it. When I selected one of their themes it changed the font of my the soft keys on my Today screen; uninstalling and soft-resetting fixed this.

I reinstalled and left the themes option unchecked. I don't think I'm going to keep it. It's very nice, and I do like how they got the tabs to be "virtual" so I can have the Spb Shell Today plugin on top of my Today screen and some plugins underneath it and when I click on a tab it just overlaps the Today screen until I'm done instead of creating a scroll bar.

hidelogo seemed to work fine on the Today screen. Weatherpanel needs to be as a plugin on the Today screen in order for WP-Pilot to work, if not, it gets all screwy. I would like to see the ability of having more than 1 plugin per tab, that way maybe having WP and WP-Pilot on a tab they would work together with this app.

I just don't see the need for it at the moment since WP, TodayAgenda, PA and iLauncher get the same job done and more...

I also read on that link to the Spb forums that because of the size of our square screens the option to display appointments on the Now screen is automatically disabled, not enough space apparently. I'd like to see an option so that the clock is not SO big and I can put more things there... kinda like WA I guess.

JGold, only the soft keys on the Now screen changed for me. When I went to the Today screen my soft keys were still the original ones.
    I believe the changing of the soft keys is another item which is disabled for those of us with square screens.

For those who do not have square screens there are drop down menus for the two soft keys on the today setting's tab where you can specify the two soft keys to be whatever you want. This is also where you can set it to show appointments on the now screen.
    Quote Originally Posted by sschlesinger View Post
    Hey has anyone tried to upx this program and if so can someone post the results, I own the treo 700w and 1.7 is a hefty amount of program memory.
    UPX won't help with that unfortunately, it will store smaller but still take up the same amount of program memory
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast