Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo View Post
    needs keyboard shortcut support like the regular start menu and having to click more to get to additional items is cumbersome. The icons could be smaller or you should just be able to scroll down farther...anyone's battery show 0 when you first wake up the device on the now screen? Pretty cool overall for a first release but needs some more Treo friendly features
    I had it show 0 battery when I powered on today.

Kind of freaked me out at first since it was on my less than 1 day old 750 but then I remembered your post.
    I have it on a W, for anout 24 hours now. If you're using the low-memory-threshold tweak, there should not be a problem. This plus a daily reboot to alleviate the memory leak sems to be working OK.

I have converted my usual plugins (resco today, web search, speed-dial) to tabs to save real-estate and am very happy.

Not too happy about having to navigate 4 menus to get to email or palm messaging, but I'm sure I'll figure something out.

Overall, pretty sweet app!
  3.    #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by skipster View Post

Not too happy about having to navigate 4 menus to get to email or palm messaging, but I'm sure I'll figure something out.

Overall, pretty sweet app!
    Here's a tip - if you go through the Spb Menu and choose apps that way, they will automatically populate your start menu. Then your most used apps will always be 1-2 clicks away at best. Also, you can pin most-used items to the Home tab (the one with the battery indicator) if you always want them accessible from the today screen. If you don't want to pin, it will keep the last 12 things you used there for you.

It took me a little while to get used to, but it's fine now, I know what you're saying.
    END OF LINE
    I DO believe one of the bus is the battery level showing 0% for a second when you turn on the screen. This has been happening on a regular basis, but it does go back to the correct level about 1 second. I do love the layout and even more so the color customization as well. I think its a keeper.
    There's a review of of the new SPB Mobile Shell software on pocketpcthoughts.com. Sounds pretty good, but there have been issues with SPB titles on the 750. Has anyone tried this yet?
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo View Post
    needs keyboard shortcut support like the regular start menu and having to click more to get to additional items is cumbersome. The icons could be smaller or you should just be able to scroll down farther...anyone's battery show 0 when you first wake up the device on the now screen? Pretty cool overall for a first release but needs some more Treo friendly features
    Agreed. I remapped the start button back to the start menu...too many lawyers to use the SBP menu.

Agreed about the tab icons taking up too much space.

Love the Now screen...aka phone alarm...but it doesn't have a VM icon?

Great use of skins, and changing the themes..like that.
    Didn't try it on the Treo, but I hear that it has some minor issues with the Treo. One is the d-pad/context sub-menus do not work properly. Also, it seems that some config setup screens are not formatted properly for square-screens. One other thing, I seem to recall in Judie's review on PPCT's that one of her soft buttons was "hijacked" by Mobile Shell and she can't get the function back.

As I mentioned I tried it on my KJAM. Given the time I spent playing with it, I can tell v1.0 is a fantastic achievement.

However, that being said, there are too many places in the application that make assumptions that the WM default apps are what is used.

For example:

1. Organizer - 3rd Party PIM support is needed (as mentioned by others)
    2. Multimedia - Only WMP shows for music. I use PocketPlayer.
    3. Internet - what about netfront? Opera?
    4. Tools->Browse Files - uses default file explorer, I use Resco

The ability to add 3rd party apps to replace the standard functions would be awesome, but would also increase the complexity of the shell. However, since the menu is a major component of the application, it should be customizable enough to support other applications besides the default. Sure you could launch these apps via tradional methods as PPC owners have done for years, but since the shell is supposed to aid in this process, it should be able to conform to your apps..
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
    I'm using it on my Treo and I haven't seen any adverse affects. Works great. I don't use SPB Menu b/c I can't customize it, so I'm still using the normal start menu. But none of my soft keys have been hijacked.
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetluva View Post
    I'm using it on my Treo and I haven't seen any adverse affects. Works great. I don't use SPB Menu b/c I can't customize it, so I'm still using the normal start menu. But none of my soft keys have been hijacked.
    There are square screen issues.

http://www.spbclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3982
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
    Quote Originally Posted by JGold View Post
    I would say its a limitation of having 80-less pixels than an actual issue. In terms of functionality, I haven't noticed any bugs or anything. It would be nice to have an appointment show up, but with less screen real estate, I can see why SPB decided to keep it off for now.
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    It was mentioned that this plays with Pocket Informant, but I'm not sure what you precisely mean by that. Is there a way to map the various PI components to the "Organizer" section of the SPB Menu? By default, it only calls up the integrated WM5 apps like calendar, tasks, contacts, etc.

I sure like the appearance; will need to use it for a few days to fairly evaluate. Ditto on how cool the "Now" screen looks.
    The only SPB product I have installed on my 750 is Time. All of the others are buggy ESPECIALLY backup!
    Working fine so far on my 750.
    Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    I can't say enough about it. It has truly changed my WM5 experience. I use it on my 750 with no hang ups or delays at all. Really, really impressed.
  15.    #55  
    Quote Originally Posted by zagleft1 View Post
    It was mentioned that this plays with Pocket Informant, but I'm not sure what you precisely mean by that. Is there a way to map the various PI components to the "Organizer" section of the SPB Menu? By default, it only calls up the integrated WM5 apps like calendar, tasks, contacts, etc.

I sure like the appearance; will need to use it for a few days to fairly evaluate. Ditto on how cool the "Now" screen looks.
    I have not figured out how to do this, I think that it is a low-level choice that the program makes. I will inquire with the devs the next time I'm over on that board, but I am fairly sure there would be no way to do this. I agree though, it would be very useful to re-map many of the default functions...
    END OF LINE
    I'd love to give this a shot, but I am having problems finding out how to upgrade my existing versions of Weather and Pocket + since I bought them awhile ago for my 6700. It's not very easy to find on the site for some reason... anybody shed any light? Or do I have to buy them all over again to work with Mobile Shell?
    OK, I'm trying it now. Two problems:

1.) The now screen is a black background theme. How do you change this? I know about the themes, but I don't want to change my today theme just the now theme.
    2.) If I go to the Today preferences on click on the options for SPB Mobile shell, I get a partially blank screen with nothing on it and no way to close the screen. Anyone else see this? How are you supposed to set the today screen options for the plugin?
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    I think I read in their forums that they've purposely made the options only accessible through the settings icon and not through the Today screen options.

http://www.spbclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3984

I've seen several other now screen colors so it must be possible. Did you try changing the color in the Shell settings?
    LG,

Can you guys merge this thread with the one or two other threads in the 700w/wx forum on this and stick this in the WM Apps forum so it's all together in one place?

bcaslis, I don't see any way of just changing the now theme...
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  20.    #60  
    Quote Originally Posted by Beeno View Post
    I'd love to give this a shot, but I am having problems finding out how to upgrade my existing versions of Weather and Pocket + since I bought them awhile ago for my 6700. It's not very easy to find on the site for some reason... anybody shed any light? Or do I have to buy them all over again to work with Mobile Shell?
    I'm going to assume that the versions you bought for your 6700 should be ok... when did you buy the other apps? How long ago was it, actually?
    END OF LINE
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast