Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Hmm, doesn't look like WP-Pilot will work for me.

I've got Diary below the tabs and when I click down while in WP it just brings me into Diary. I see the little dot but it's moving in Diary.

Wisbar works fine with it.
    What do you mean by,

"I'm using the system notification sounds for the "Now" screen so when I get an email, sms, or missed call, I also get an audio notification. I have disabled the alert on the today screen itself so I don't get duplicate notifications..

I went back to using the system notifications under SOUNDS AND NOTIFICATIONS for voicemail, missed calls, sms and e-mail. I've removed Phone Alarm from my Today screen.

Do I need to set up sounds for the NOW screen somewhere else, like in the app itself?
    awesome... i'm going for the trial now.
    going to go check it out as well, looks really nice
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Just bought it and installed it on my 700w..

I LOVE the now screen... wish it could stay up all the time. The only way I can get it to come up is either turn the screen off and back on... or go into the programs menu and click "now".

Is there a way to have it always on?

just curious...

THANKS
    Paul G
    <><
    Great app, now if they can add some additional features or profiles, then i would gladly get rid of all my apps just for this one.
    Global Posts
    680 Global Posts
    I also had a chance to beta-test this with alienware (using my 700Wx).
    I found it to be a really impressive and ambitious application, but perhaps best for a user who doesn't endlessly tweak their today screen and use all of the many features of non-Spb single-focused today screen plugins. (i.e. PocketBreeze, iLauncher or Wisbar Advance2.)
    If I had a friend who was getting their first PPC Phone or who mainly used the out-of-the box applications, I'd definitely recommend it. Or, for an experienced user who really just wants a solid and well-rounded enhancement for their machine, I'd certainly recommend it.
    In any case, as a truly unique, v.1 app, I am really impressed.
    Hmm bummer that it won't use Weather Panel's information on the Now screen.

I still think it's a slick look. I think I prefer it to having all the other stuff installed. This makes for a much cleaner look.
  9.    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by lgreenberg View Post
    What do you mean by,

"I'm using the system notification sounds for the "Now" screen so when I get an email, sms, or missed call, I also get an audio notification. I have disabled the alert on the today screen itself so I don't get duplicate notifications..

I went back to using the system notifications under SOUNDS AND NOTIFICATIONS for voicemail, missed calls, sms and e-mail. I've removed Phone Alarm from my Today screen.

Do I need to set up sounds for the NOW screen somewhere else, like in the app itself?
    No, sorry I wasn't clearer about that. I just set the notifications through the main panel as you did. There's no separate setting for those sounds in the MS app itself. It seems to work quite well for me, although as I said before, I don't know if you can get them to repeat. I will play around with it too and see...

Quote Originally Posted by Pibe38 View Post
    Thanks Pibe38 -
    END OF LINE
    i cant get phonealarm to work right. i can get the profiles to change when thay need to, but the repeating alarms didn't work. i put it in its own tab. i put it in a plugin on the regular todayscreen. nothing worked. anyone else considering not using this unless thay can get phone alarm working with it?

i have only been using phonealarm for a short while. haven't paid for it yet, but i think i may miss it. the profile thing is REALLY nice.

edit: i did get pa to work if the phone isn't in standby (off) mode. alarms repeat if screen is on when message comes in.
  11.    #32  
    Hmm, doesn't look like WP-Pilot will work for me.

I've got Diary below the tabs and when I click down while in WP it just brings me into Diary. I see the little dot but it's moving in Diary.

Wisbar works fine with it.
    I use Diary as a tab to get away from that - it happened to me initially as well... if you keep WP-Pilot on the bottom of the screen and Diary as a tab, it's usually cool together...

Quote Originally Posted by paulsg63 View Post
    Just bought it and installed it on my 700w..

I LOVE the now screen... wish it could stay up all the time. The only way I can get it to come up is either turn the screen off and back on... or go into the programs menu and click "now".

Is there a way to have it always on?

just curious...

THANKS
    Paul G
    <><

Unfortunately, I don't believe there is, although I absolutely LOVE the Now screen too! Most of the time, I don't even go all the way to my today screen - I either hit email, sms, or my call log from the Now screen and that's it!

Hmm bummer that it won't use Weather Panel's information on the Now screen.

I still think it's a slick look. I think I prefer it to having all the other stuff installed. This makes for a much cleaner look.
    I love the look. They definitely got the eye candy part right.

And as far as the weather is concerned, I don't use Spb Weather, since WeatherPanel is so retardedly awesome. So what I did was, I set the Spb Weather plugin to auto update, and set it to the closest city I could find near me (which may be great for some people and lousy for others) and just disabled the tab plugin. I subbed in WP for it, and so when I turn on my device, I see a "general" forecast, because if you don't do anything, I think it says "N/A" or something, and then for my REAL weather fix, I pop over to the WP tab and go nuts.

It's definitely got some things I'd like to change, but there may be possibilities to ask the dev team to include some more robust cross-plugin functionality, for instance, talking to WP for that info. I guess they wanted it to be as stable as possible for the 1.0 and will do some more (hopefully) in the future.

The team was VERY open to suggestions about other apps, though, like PI and Wisbar, so I think that they realize it's not in their best interest to make it "play nice" with all/only Spb apps... they'd be driving away a large possible client base who already loves certain apps and won't give them up...
    END OF LINE
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    Im loving it for now... Really changes the Pocket PC interface to Smartphone-like, in a neat way.

Is there any way to map the new Task manager to the [HOLD] OK button? I simply LOVED the included task manager! But how do i get easy access for it?
  13.    #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jdoc View Post
    Im loving it for now... Really changes the Pocket PC interface to Smartphone-like, in a neat way.

Is there any way to map the new Task manager to the [HOLD] OK button? I simply LOVED the included task manager! But how do i get easy access for it?

Unfortunately, some of the button mapping additions to this great program did not make it over to the Treo version. I tested on a 6700 also, and we could program softkeys to match almost anything we wanted, including the task manager (which is exactly what I did, because it's terrific). I don't think you could program other hardware buttons for those functions...

Some of the biggest bugs and hard-resets came from early builds trying to argue with the Palm customizations to WM5 and screwing up softkey function among other things... So they told me that because of the ROM customizations, they had to disable certain functions on a Treo.

BELIEVE ME, it is saddening, because I know what the app does on my 6700, and it's just missing that little bit on the Treo. That being said, I still think it's great. I hope that they may be able to add some button mapping functions as in the case of task manager in later builds...

EDIT: I just posted a feature request back on the MS forum for hardware button mapping for users such as us who are unable to do softkey mapping because of our device-specific ROMs... Hope it gets a bite from the dev team!
    Last edited by Alienwhere; 02/06/2007 at 06:04 PM.
    END OF LINE
    well... it's pretty, but I think i'm uninstalling. too many extra steps to get to simple things. phonealarm doesn't work right. ect.

I may give it another 24 hours, but I think it's going bye bye.

imho
    needs keyboard shortcut support like the regular start menu and having to click more to get to additional items is cumbersome. The icons could be smaller or you should just be able to scroll down farther...anyone's battery show 0 when you first wake up the device on the now screen? Pretty cool overall for a first release but needs some more Treo friendly features
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Anyone with a W try this? I would love to give it a go, but I think it would bog it down (as does any add on software)
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    well... it's pretty, but I think i'm uninstalling. too many extra steps to get to simple things. phonealarm doesn't work right. ect.

I may give it another 24 hours, but I think it's going bye bye.

imho
    I agree that PhoneAlarm's profile function is quite indespensible. No need in breaking that for what looks like a cool front-end.
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Also, a quick question, does Spb Mobile use the LED for incoming events, like Phone Alarm does?
  19.    #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by gojeda View Post
    Also, a quick question, does Spb Mobile use the LED for incoming events, like Phone Alarm does?

I don't believe that MS uses the LED for anything at this time.
    END OF LINE
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast