1.    #1  
    For years I used a simple app on my POS Treo's that turned my radio on and off at a certain pre-defined times and I never had to think about turning my treo off at night and on in the morning.
    Can anyone recommend such an app for the 750?

Thanks
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    Global Posts
    680 Global Posts
    PhoneAlarm will/can do that, and much more. (www.pocketmax.net)
    A simpler but similar type of program that can do that is WinMobileProfiles (?) (www.winmobileapps.com)
    Both are commercial/shareware, but are good places to start your search.
  3.    #3  
    Yeah I was looking at PhoneAlarm but not sure if I wanted everything else that came along with it and I've read here that it's not the most stable app??

Thanks
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    Ditto on Phonealarm. All I want is an app to turn my radio on/off and raise/lower my sound volume automatically throughout the day.
    I may go through the hassle of getting windows Mobile SDK install in Visual Studio to make my own app just to do this.
    Phonealarm wants to mess with all sorts of **** including reminder alarms and whatnot. I don't want any of that.

I'll give Profiles for Windows Mobile a shot. I've been looking and hadn't seen this one yet.

Thanks xdalaw
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
  5.    #5  
    If you try it out let us know your thoughts.
    I really just want a simple app that will turn on/off radio and that's it.
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by xdalaw View Post
    PhoneAlarm will/can do that, and much more. (www.pocketmax.net)
    A simpler but similar type of program that can do that is WinMobileProfiles (?) (www.winmobileapps.com)
    Both are commercial/shareware, but are good places to start your search.
    Okay I've tried like 5 times this morning to install Phonealarm and I can't find the installed app on my 750. What am I missing here? Is it not compatible with the 750? I know it's been installed because I've attempted to re-install it and I get a pop up that the application is already installed do you want to re-install?
    I've also gone into "remove apps" and it shows up in the list to delete and I've deleted it and started over. The only thing that occurs is immediately after the installation I get a pop up with several language options to choose from but that pop up doesn't stay open long enough for me to do anything with it and now even though I've in theory deleted the app, when a new email message comes in my led flashes green.

Thanks for any help.

Edit: Never Mind! Stupid me, it would help if I scrolled to the bottom of the Today screen to see the phonealarm interface...
    Last edited by millerhifi; 02/10/2007 at 02:51 PM.
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    Go to your today screen preferences and make sure yoiu have a check mark next to the Phonealarm today screen plugin (so that it's displayed.)
    I'm not sure, but I think yoiu can only launch phonealarm from the today screen plugin (Lame if that's true).

On another note, I have been using WinMobileProfiles on my Treo 750 for the last week, and it does almost exactly what I want:
    What works:
    Volume control (Speaker and ringer)
    Phone (radio) on and off
    Bluetooth on and off
    (Wifi on / off is grayed out because it doesn't have wifi.)
    It can also run other apps (I haven't tried it) and a few other various options.
    I really like the scheduling setup for the different profiles. I also like that it's a time based trigger, so that if you change your settings after the scheduled time and reboot, it doesn't change your settings back to match the profile (unless you want it to.)
    You can also temporarily change profiles and have them auto switch back, or delay them to occur after a set period.
    I also like that it's a very small today screen plugin (not tall.)

The following two features of this program don't work or don't apply. I really don't care about the "sounds" management because I don't want to chang my ringers/sounds. All I want to do is lower the volume and ringer to 0 at night, and raise it back up in the morning (so I'm not awakened by alerts, SMS, etc. if the radio was left on.

Following 2 features don't work or don't apply:
    "Sounds" - This is an option to change your ring tone, vibrate, SMS tone, and other alerts in general etc. Since the Treo uses it's own prorprietery ring tone management, this is not compatible.
    "Screen" Oprientation (Portrait/landscape) does not apply (Treo has square screen)

So if you want simple radio on/off, and volume control, WinMobileProfiles does the trick.
    Phonealarm is going to be a much more feature rich app that will give you reminder alarms and more.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
  8.    #8  
    Thanks for the info.
    I've got Phonealarm figured out now so I'll give it a run for a week or two and see how it performs.
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    Let me know what you think of Phonealarm. I've installed and promptly uninstalled it before. I just never gave it a whirl.
    Just let me know what you think of it. Any great features you really love or annoying things about it.

Thanks
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
  10.    #10  
    Will do.
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone