Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 52
  1. #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbla View Post
    OK - so I've had it for a couple of days now and have switched back and forth to compare.

    My conclusion is that by using the short antenna, one does loose some reception. In some extreme cases, I can get a 60% signal strength from the stock antenna and the shorty won't even get a signal.

    In most cases it ranges from 10% to 30%.

    Most noticeable is indoors.

    So if you're in an area where you always have great reception, this little antenna will work well for you. But if you're in an area where you have trouble getting a signal or have minimal signal strength, the little antenna will make it worse.

    Your mileage may vary. This is just what I've experienced.
    Reception should be the same. I see no difference in signal with the antenna that is installed on my personal 650. If the reception is bad to start with then obviously, don't expect it to be better with the short antenna. I sell antennas, not magic :P
  2. #22  
    No miracles were ever requested.

    My comment about areas with poor reception stated that if you've already got it, your product will make it worse. I also commented it's especially noticeable indoors.

    In my experience with the product, using my 700W, the reception is diminished. Period.
  3. iFalcon's Avatar
    Posts
    94 Posts
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    #23  
    Hey Zoti -

    Received mine and it fits perfectly...no gaps what so ever. Reception is just as good as the stock antenna.

    Thanks for the hard work.
  4. #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbla View Post
    No miracles were ever requested.

    My comment about areas with poor reception stated that if you've already got it, your product will make it worse. I also commented it's especially noticeable indoors.

    In my experience with the product, using my 700W, the reception is diminished. Period.
    What are you measuring with? Are you placing the phone in the exact same location and angle? I find that if the reception is bad then holding the phone in a different angle will change the reception for better or for worse.
  5. #25  
    I'm measuring by the number of bars by the antenna at the top and by the signal strength announcement by voice.

    I've made a number of observations in my office, at home and driving back and forth - around town making those observations along the same roads.
  6. #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbla View Post
    I'm measuring by the number of bars by the antenna at the top and by the signal strength announcement by voice.

    I've made a number of observations in my office, at home and driving back and forth - around town making those observations along the same roads.
    The correct way to compare reception is to use some sort of signal meter (like SignalMeter for palm os or true RSSI values) and to do it with the phone stationary.
    Comparing reception while driving is very in accurate. The reception level changes all the time.
  7. #27  
    Hey Zoti are you planning on producing a Black antenna for the 700 series? I ask because I'm considering getting a Verizon 700wx and reports say that it's got a black finish.
  8. #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by g-funkster View Post
    Hey Zoti are you planning on producing a Black antenna for the 700 series? I ask because I'm considering getting a Verizon 700wx and reports say that it's got a black finish.
    Black antennas are currently out of stock but I expect to have them back in stock soon.
    Check the website for updates.
  9. psywzrd's Avatar
    Posts
    455 Posts
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    #29  
    Just received mine today - so far so good and the fit is awesome!!! I may be upgrading to a 700wx though so I might be looking to exchange my gray one for the black version. I know you say you expect to have them in stock soon but do you have any idea of exactly when that will be? I understand you offer a 30-day return window and I want to make sure I'll be able to exchange this for the black one. Thanks.
  10. #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by psywzrd View Post
    Just received mine today - so far so good and the fit is awesome!!! I may be upgrading to a 700wx though so I might be looking to exchange my gray one for the black version. I know you say you expect to have them in stock soon but do you have any idea of exactly when that will be? I understand you offer a 30-day return window and I want to make sure I'll be able to exchange this for the black one. Thanks.
    I would suggest the blue for the wx (as it's not really what someone would consider blue). It matches perfectly.
  11. psywzrd's Avatar
    Posts
    455 Posts
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by kaiguy View Post
    I would suggest the blue for the wx (as it's not really what someone would consider blue). It matches perfectly.
    Are you talking about the wx for Sprint or Verizon?
  12. #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by zoti View Post
    Black antennas are currently out of stock but I expect to have them back in stock soon.
    Check the website for updates.
    I know you have been asked this a hundred times and I went on your website to try to figure it out:

    Which color do you recommend for the Sprint Treo 700p? I am a tad bit confused....so what else is new?
    <a href="http://www.wunderground.com/US/CA/Trabuco.html?bannertypeclick=miniDial">
    <img src="http://banners.wunderground.com/banner/ban/wxBanner?bannertype=miniDial&zip=92679" border=0
    </a>
  13. #33  
    For the Sprint 700p, you should go with the blue as its the closest match. Black would be my 2nd choice.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
  14. #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by stroths View Post
    For the Sprint 700p, you should go with the blue as its the closest match. Black would be my 2nd choice.
    Really?

    I am glad I asked because I would think that the black would match better since the Sprint 700p is gray-ish...no?
    <a href="http://www.wunderground.com/US/CA/Trabuco.html?bannertypeclick=miniDial">
    <img src="http://banners.wunderground.com/banner/ban/wxBanner?bannertype=miniDial&zip=92679" border=0
    </a>
  15. #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by psywzrd View Post
    Are you talking about the wx for Sprint or Verizon?
    Sprint.
  16. psywzrd's Avatar
    Posts
    455 Posts
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by kaiguy View Post
    Sprint.
    Thought so. I'll be getting the Verizon version if I decide to upgrade.
  17. paulsg63's Avatar
    Posts
    75 Posts
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by zoti View Post
    Black antennas are currently out of stock but I expect to have them back in stock soon.
    Check the website for updates.
    Hey zoti...

    will the 700w antenna I bought from you work on my new 700wx?

    Thanks!
    Paul G
  18. #38  
    All 700 antennas are the same. P/W/WX. It doesn't matter. The only difference is color.

    I think the best match for the 700 is the blue one.
  19. #39  
    Got mine last week, and it works perfectly!

    As for the screw driver, you can pick up a Husky Precision Torx screwdriver set from Home Depot for $6. It has a T4/T5 bit plus 6 other Torx sizes (4 total bits). It is a really nice piece and well worth the $6 investment.
    My Rocketship - 2007 Mazdaspeed3
    263hp 280fpt 0-60 5.8sec
  20. psywzrd's Avatar
    Posts
    455 Posts
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    #40  
    Can anyone tell me specifically how I can measure my signal strength other than just looking at the signal meter on the phone? If there's a program I need to install or a diagnostic mode I can enter on the phone, I'd really like to compare zoti's antenna with the original to make sure I'm not losing any signal strength. I think I may be losing some reception with the shorter antenna.
    Last edited by psywzrd; 03/06/2007 at 09:01 AM.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions