Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    I like it, just wish I could get one here in the US.
    Global Posts
    310 Global Posts
    Actually it is more like 415, or 414.95 to be precise. Thats more than a $ you left out.

They also mention that the 680 is 290, which is interesting, because we can use that to calculate the price of an unbranded 750 in $. First we remove the english VAT, because palm usa does not list VAT, does it?
    750 without VAT is listed to 353.15
    680 without VAT is listed to 246.77

we asume this:

price of 750 in $ / 353.15 == $399 / 246.77 <=>
    price of 750 in $ == 353.15 * 399/246.77 <=>
    price of 750 in $ == $570.97

There you have it. Since Palm store UK price for 680 is 262.64, my guess is that 750 will be $599 for an unlocked.
    Will they release an unbranded 750 here in the US?
    Global Posts
    331 Global Posts
    You should be able to. Expansys is MobilePlanet in the US. I was once told that whatever they sell in their European stores can be purchased here in the US. It's the same store and although it may not show on their US store site, call them and ask for it specifically, and they'll be happy to sell you one.
    $600 USD would not be a bad price! And it would prove that Cingular once again overpriced their locked phones!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    I hope that it is $599 unlocked because I will return my $670 cingular version...
    Quote Originally Posted by sooby77 View Post
    You should be able to. Expansys is MobilePlanet in the US. I was once told that whatever they sell in their European stores can be purchased here in the US. It's the same store and although it may not show on their US store site, call them and ask for it specifically, and they'll be happy to sell you one.
    I just called 1.309.820.7913 and placed an order for an unlocked one from mobileplanet. item number and price is listed below. fyi. said it should ship by march 5 (when the next shipment comes in). i have no idea how many they have or if they will actually follow through. but that's what i know now. thought i'd share since i may not be only one out there interested.

145385 Treo 750 Pocket PC Phone (QWERTY) 1 689.95 689.95
    Handspring Visor Platinum --> Laptop computer pim+cell phone for years --> Treo 650 Cingular (until it died in the middle of the highway) --> Treo 750 Cingular --> Unbranded/Unlocked Treo 750 --> ???
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by grundler View Post
    I just called 1.309.820.7913 and placed an order for an unlocked one from mobileplanet. item number and price is listed below. fyi. said it should ship by march 5 (when the next shipment comes in). i have no idea how many they have or if they will actually follow through. but that's what i know now. thought i'd share since i may not be only one out there interested.

145385 Treo 750 Pocket PC Phone (QWERTY) 1 689.95 689.95
    I placed an order from them as well. I have been waiting on this to be released.
    Seems MobilePlanet has now posted the 750. Showing 163 in stock, shipping within 3 days. $694.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Mobileplanet is shipping 750's today! Just got my shipped email. Man, the quantity on hand went from 151 to 44 in seconds.
    Quote Originally Posted by TLCC View Post
    Mobileplanet is shipping 750's today! Just got my shipped email. Man, the quantity on hand went from 151 to 44 in seconds.
    mine shipped too! it will be here tomorrow. I'm stoked/scared it won't work right. i'm paranoid. haha. i'll have to return the Cingular 750 to palm now--but i think i can deal with that!
    Handspring Visor Platinum --> Laptop computer pim+cell phone for years --> Treo 650 Cingular (until it died in the middle of the highway) --> Treo 750 Cingular --> Unbranded/Unlocked Treo 750 --> ???
    i think the number dropped to 40-something because that is how many got transferred from their UK location to the US. they didn't sell that many. UK has a lot on their site still. this is just my guess!
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    you are probably right. can't wait to have an unbranded 750 in my hands.
    $694 thats just waaaaaaayyy over priced.
    Hint: the Palm Store at SFO (the one at Gate 86) is a good friend to TreoCentral members.

jwarn3rd here on TC works there. Good guy. I met him several weeks ago when I was changing planes at SFO.

It might be worthwhile getting the 750 direct from Palm then paying for the unlock code. Cheaper than mobileplanet.com. U.S. sale. Easy warranty. Etc.

Yes it is larded up with Cingular's junk.

Palm sold its corporate soul to Cingular by slowly cutting off sales of unlocked/unbranded Treos (look at the 680).

Apparently Palm has told me, Tastypeppers, the guy who has opened up his wallet FOUR F-ING TIMES TO BUY A TREO (two unlocked unbranded 650's, a 700wx, and a 750 from jwarn3rd ordered today), to go stick my nose in a dead bear's bum because they don't want to sell me more Treos the way I would gladly purchase them -- unlocked and colorful.
    The one from Mobileplanet is supposed to have HSDPA support active correct? The current Cingular and Vodaphone ones don't.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Quote Originally Posted by mob1lejunkie View Post
    $694 thats just waaaaaaayyy over priced.
    Well Cingular wants $650 for a LOCKED if you don't want to sell your soul for 2 years to them!!! So I'm guessing some people will pay the $700 to AVOID that!!

I think $600 would be better, but they'll sell them for whatever they think they can get, I guess.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    In my hands and using it now. And in response to previous question about why pay more. for me it was all about getting the most for my money. i figure that since i had to pay $650 for cingular i may as well pay $689 and have an unbranded one figuring that the resale value may be better should i decide to dump it and get an iphone or something. and also just cause i wanted the unbranded one for a myriad other reasons which you can read about in some of my previous posts. agree or not, it was my money so i'm happy. :-)
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    I hate unlocked branded phones. I have a t-mobile account and a cingular account and I want more bag for my buck. Unbranded phones work better switching between accounts. You know an extra $100 bucks is not worth working around carrier limits and alterations.

Grundler, what programs are pre-installed? I will not have mine until Monday - which sucks
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast