Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1.    #1  
    I am looking for a Birthday and Anniversary Application to put all my family/friends dates in. Any suggestion and links? Thanks!!
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinomon View Post
    I am looking for a Birthday and Anniversary Application to put all my family/friends dates in. Any suggestion and links? Thanks!!
    You could have just searched any freeware ppc site:

    - PIM Birthdayz 1.2

    - NS Birthday

    WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  3.    #3  
    Thanks mal.

    PIM Birthdayz 1.2: Takes the list from MS Outlook Contact.
    NS Birthday: Requires .NET CF 2.0.

    I am looking for something that I can just enter people's name& b-day and open the application and view the list instead of putting all these into Outlook. I don't have a problem putting them into the Outlook, but when I use TodaysAgenda plug-in, it also shows in there.
  4.    #4  
    These people that I want to put B-day and Ann list are those that do not have a phone # in my contact list. I just want to list their b-days without entering their phone #/other details. That's all.
  5. GregE's Avatar
    Posts
    521 Posts
    Global Posts
    522 Global Posts
    #5  
    How about Word or Excel? Seems like that is all you need unless I am missing something.

    Greg
  6. #6  
    Why use two different programs when Outlook does this natively? Just ignore the other fields.
    Palm Pilot>Palm III>Palm Color>Palm m505>Palm T5>Treo700w>vzw Treo700wx>Maybe the next gen iPhone next.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by littlewaywelt View Post
    Why use two different programs when Outlook does this natively? Just ignore the other fields.
    Then it'll create a long contact list for no reason.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by GregE View Post
    How about Word or Excel? Seems like that is all you need unless I am missing something.

    Greg
    I know I can use Excel, but I was looking for something that can also remind me.
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinomon View Post
    Then it'll create a long contact list for no reason.
    YOu could use/assign a category to sort by if using the standard pim. Many 3rd party apps like Pocket Informant have a way to present a list of birthdays, anniversaries, etc.
    Palm Pilot>Palm III>Palm Color>Palm m505>Palm T5>Treo700w>vzw Treo700wx>Maybe the next gen iPhone next.
  10. GregE's Avatar
    Posts
    521 Posts
    Global Posts
    522 Global Posts
    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinomon View Post
    I know I can use Excel, but I was looking for something that can also remind me.
    Ahh. I was thinking I saw where you didn't care about reminders. I must have misread that message. My bad.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by GregE View Post
    Ahh. I was thinking I saw where you didn't care about reminders. I must have misread that message. My bad.
    No problem.
  12. Minsc's Avatar
    Posts
    967 Posts
    Global Posts
    974 Global Posts
    #12  
    Like everyone else I'm a little perplexed why you wouldn't just use enter these people as contacts. I mean, if their birthdays/anniversaries are important enough to you that you want a way to be reminded of them then don't they belong in your PIM database as legitimate contacts?? As someone else said, you don't have to enter phone numbers, addresses, etc, for them if you don't want to. Although wouldn't it be handy to know how to get ahold of them to wish them a happy birthday??

    If you do decide to enter them as contacts, there is a nice little app that will remind you on your Today screen of birthdays and anniversaries. It's called "Birthdays", and you can find it here among other sites: http://www.pdagold.com/software/detail.asp?s=798

    You can set it up to remind you x number of days in advance of an upcoming birthday or anniversary. It's very customizable, and it's free.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Minsc View Post
    Like everyone else I'm a little perplexed why you wouldn't just use enter these people as contacts. I mean, if their birthdays/anniversaries are important enough to you that you want a way to be reminded of them then don't they belong in your PIM database as legitimate contacts?? As someone else said, you don't have to enter phone numbers, addresses, etc, for them if you don't want to. Although wouldn't it be handy to know how to get ahold of them to wish them a happy birthday??

    If you do decide to enter them as contacts, there is a nice little app that will remind you on your Today screen of birthdays and anniversaries. It's called "Birthdays", and you can find it here among other sites: http://www.pdagold.com/software/detail.asp?s=798

    You can set it up to remind you x number of days in advance of an upcoming birthday or anniversary. It's very customizable, and it's free.
    It is not that I don't want to enter those people's b-day ino my contact list..half of those people don't have a personal phones...abt 40 of them are my little cousins (they don't have their own phone).. also for example, if there are 5 people in a household and have only one phone all together, then I would have to enter that contact 5 times for each of their b-days..

    I tried that Birthday plug-in, but I already have TodayAgenda on my phone to use it as my appointments and tasks (Active Sync from my work Outlook).. and if I have both TodayAgenda and Birthday plug-ins, then it will show twice in my Treo 700wx screen.. hope u understand why I just want a stand along Birthday program itself...

    if u have any ideas, please post here and I would greatly appreciate..
  14. GregE's Avatar
    Posts
    521 Posts
    Global Posts
    522 Global Posts
    #14  
    How about just entering recurring appointments in your Outlook? Then you get your reminders and they are not in your contacts.

    Greg
  15.    #15  
    I think I have to just enter appt in my Outlook. I can't think of any other ways.

Posting Permissions